What may be bugs or oversights...

curiousredmonkey

What may be bugs or oversights...

Post by curiousredmonkey »

[Semi-Resolved] 1) Went upstairs and killed a bunch of Stunners and other NPCs. All the NPCs so far are dropping SDC items just like the old IR dungeon (their only use is to sell them, which is not done because NPCs drop a lot of gold). You know these SDC items, they are those minimum xp 35 ones and protfire/ice bottles. So far it has been a bunch of SDC helms and some SDC boots. [The same still applies to the below ground levels, but at least these are now dropping the occasional new item.]

[Open] 2) Town's BareGrils Quester: Says "I can raise your core health by 1 point for 0 coins". Clicking "OK lets do this" or "I have a sack of coins..." does nothing except the following message, "I have trained you as much as I am able. You will need to seek assistance elsewhere". Since the initial cost was 0 coins I expected this drug dealer to be giving me a taste of what is to come, but I am now thinking it was just a typo (I may need to do a quest first OR the coins it will cost was not calculated like the Survivalists (Survivalist_27 which was last 273 plat coins for my thief)).

[Open] 3) Casting Darkness makes icon for Stairs disappear. Same applies to trapped Chests.

[Fixed] 4) Town's BrotherSam Healer Trainer: Clicking him brings up the usual Healer trainer skills, but is then quickly replaced with a bad window "Q<Q Q" and other spurious text. My thief clicked on him to see if this guy gave out quests. He didn't, so I set him as my restore point (<name>, recall me) and moved on.

[Not a IR Issue] 5) Still nothing to spend on Primal and Arcane Quirk Points. All Primal and Arcane Quirks are maxxed out.

[Fixed] 6) Clicking the "Flee Refuge" macro caused the client to Red Gem (stop responding). When I relogged in I was still in IR, but at a an old saved point (old location, old platinum values, old sack items). Tried it a second time, same result; Red Gemmed. Finally found stairs in a hallway while walking back out of IR. Cool. The "Flee Refuge" needs addressing still.

[Fixed] 7) Scavster's pick doesn't work on some graves. When I try to use it on a grave the systems says that I need a special tool. When I hold that $50meg tool in the right hand I get that message, when I hold it in left hand the systems says that I need to hold the tool in my right hand. Think the messaging needs improving. I was able to use it on one grave so far successfully though and found nothing. The dead can laugh.<g>

[Open] 8 ) Haven't seen any silks drop yet. Hunted the dead and living NPCs outside of town and all levels of dungeon.

[Potaeto/Potato] 9) The mayor's sash is 5/5 with psi reduction [and damage absorption on it]. However, the SK sash is [questionably] far superior at 10/10 with psi reduction. Both are XP 90 requirement.

[Unknown] 10) The 7/0 earring (have also found a 5/0) doesn't seem to help hit any better than wearing any other earring. Is it possible that earring slot doesn't get counted in? [Maybe my attack adds are already maxxed out, but there is no way to know that vs the item just doesn't work. Like the SK thief only amulet that does nothing. Just no way to know if item is broken or doesn't currently have an effect because I am already maxxed in some way.
Add a new NPC that tells you your current overall hidden stats and effects, and allows you to test an item for function?

[Open] 11) Quester Sheuhlda: The SDC lava shield with adds of 20 + large loaf of iron bread did nothing when I clicked on "Okay, I'm ready". No message or change of window. Same thing using my Time Shield from the Nork2 event, my SDC Betrayer shield, and my GDH Medusa shield.
Add a message if he cannot do that shield or if the bread is not sufficient? [PS: I was able to get the recipe for my Iron-Bread that was in hand, from Nambok, so I think it is fully "baked" and the right one. I also looked for an oven to further bake it, in town or below. I even tried brewing it, to "bake" it further and was then all out of ideas. So guessing it is a broken quest.]
Last edited by curiousredmonkey on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:06 am, edited 17 times in total.

curiousredmonkey

Re: What may be bugs or oversights...

Just noticed that the forum does not update the timestamp for posts that have been edited (like the above, where I was putting my updates). So, unless this is changed I will start replying to my own posts. So that you know that I have added/updated something.

curiousredmonkey

[Unknown] Sparkling blue pot that drops in IR still has no effect. Never has.

[Unknown] Roots with crimson streak on drop with 1 oz, no matter the level you are on.

[Open] Still cannot mug or steal from any IR NPC (does not matter its class/type).

[Low Priority] Darkness still hides stairs and chest icons.
Last edited by curiousredmonkey on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

- The BareGrils sounds like an issue, wonder if something didn't get copied over for him, thanks.

- Darkness / Stairs .. yeahhhhhhh dont have a solution for that, had to steal a slot for that. I'll see what i can come up with.
- (Not an IR issue) : Primal quirks, i'll make a note to add some more there, thanks

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

"9) The mayor's sash is 5/5 with psi reduction. However, the SK sash is far superior at 10/10 with psi reduction. Both are XP 90 requirement."

You need to reread that description, unless i have really messed it up.

Its not just psi reduction.

curiousredmonkey

It has Minor Damage Deflation on it. Sounds like it should reduce incoming damage. My FM was getting clobbered in IR beginning area and was wearing the sash, so if the damage received was reduced then "oh my, my FM needs green SK armor as soon as he can wear it".<g>

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

A little cheat for you.. go drink the potion of the same name.. (tried to add a lot of those), and you will see its 10% damage reduction (ALL damage).

I'm trying to think of more creative ways of giving exact specs :)

Brad

curiousredmonkey

Only Energy brews and Iron-Bread are dropping. Energy/Iron-Bread are not store bought brews, so I image others are planned (just currently do not drop). Note: An opportunity for more powerful store bought brews too?

ProtIce/ProtFire pots that drop appear to be in the Nork power range. Note that these are not brews, they have no ingredients.

Noticed that south and east walls can have traps in them, with no image to indicate they are there. Ran into a couple. 1 death. 1 survived. They are so rare that I have not been able to test whether running the mouse over the wall will produce an outline.

PS) I have updated my previous posts with [status], based on feedback from Brad. Some are fixed, some are still open, etc.
Last edited by curiousredmonkey on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Good Stuff!

curiousredmonkey

Thanks. I did some trap tests...

Trap damage sometimes will kill an NPC in the initial area only, but only sometimes. This is an improvement over the old traps. Here is some data and then my feedback...

My death(s) when not using Store Bought Brews for Protection:
  • Kills my thief 66% of the time, even if I move 4 away. And if I move way out of range of the damage (including the traveling NPC that triggered it because the tier follows them) then I get no kill rewards.
  • The lighting trap killed me with repeating damage even though I was 4 away. Seems the reflection off of the NPCs got me, no matter how far away I went.
  • The fire trap kill me because the NPC that triggered it was looking for me (moving around) and the fire casts a nice big wild fire. So, there is no way to stay in view of area and reap some rewards.
  • The ice trap didn't seem to follow the NPC that triggered it. This made it the only one I survived, when I ran 4 away. No NPCs were killed.
Trap Type and Store Bought Brew Protections (note that after drinking the brew I set the trap on my hex):
  • The lighting trap did not kill me. Only 1 NPC died, even though others were in view. The brew protected me.
  • The fire trap killed me immediately. No NPCs died, but were damaged nicely. The brew did not protect me.
  • The ice trap did not kill me on first use. Most NPCs are immune, so only one NPC was damaged. However, setting a second ice trap on hex, while the protection brew was still up, killed me immediately! It was as though the tier absorbed a certain amount and then offered no more protection (even though the icon was still up, had 300+ rounds left).

curiousredmonkey

Primal Energy Brew: +200 EPs. If it was made +2k then I might save and use them.

Heavy Combat Replication: An ingredient is "A room temperature vial of a strange green fluid". I have not found one of those, but have found "very warm" and "very cold" ones. Neither produce Replication, in greater or lesser strength. It was a guess on my part. So, fyi.

Only the initial anvils seem to be turned on. Have not been able to upgrade armor beyond the first try. I have upgraded 3 armors, once each. Nothing more.

curiousredmonkey

Stepping away from a questor does not close their window.

Spectres and Wraths do not give XP to a 92 FM. Killed dozens east and south of town, to see if they drop the special tool for advanced grave robbing. They drop junk, gold, and very rarely platinum.

Skeletons in west cave do not give XP to 92 FM. They were giving XP yesterday. They were dropping junk, gold, and occasionally platinum. I didn't bother checking drops after killing 2 this morning, since no XP probably means no skill for 41 either. Not bothering to check.

Drank store bought Ablations. A map trap, with ICE, killed me like the ICE ablation wasn't even there. I was also wearing an ICE ablation ring at the time.
Last edited by curiousredmonkey on Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curiousredmonkey

One particular downstairs and upstairs locker point to the same locker.

[Explained - Breweries are not just their Brew Pots] The Thief brew pot, which points to the same GDH brew pot, will not allow you to brew successfully with the same ingredients. So, 2 broadleaf + 1 putrid + 1 bedstraw, which creates a Primal Attack brew in GDH will not brew anything in IR.
Last edited by curiousredmonkey on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

If it doesnt brew the same potions, why do you say it points to same brewer as GDH?

curiousredmonkey

I had previously placed some ingredients in the GDH brew window/locker, then happened to go to IR and the Thief brew spot, and they were same items. I thought cool, I wonder if I can brew them from here. Nope. Went back to GDH and brewed them. Then stored some new ingredients in GDH brew window/locker again and visited the other brew spots in NL and IR, checking them for the items. Those held different items when stored, but the Thief IR brew window/locker again held my ingredients newly stored in GDH.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Ahhhh yeah dont confuse those :)

I only have a limited number of "lockers" for brewers. I'll see if i can scrounge one up for that one.

curiousredmonkey

Its not a problem. I just mentioned it in case it was an oversight; that it might have unintended consequences down the line.

curiousredmonkey

Not seeing any new item drops in the rooms with beds, couches, double star rugs, fireplaces yet; nor hallway NPCs (actually just found a earring from Wotan, so fyi). Drops are occurring in the baking and <I forget> rooms.

curiousredmonkey

Still haven't figured out the brews. Was able to make the Heavy Combat Replication, as bought in store. However, replacing the Blue Eryngo with Broadleaf Arrowhead did not produce a better (or Primal) version of the potion. I have tried other combinations, as well, and all failed.

Haven't seen drops improve, as mentioned in Version notes, except for iron bread.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Right now "heavy" is the top end of that line.

curiousredmonkey

Understood.

BTW, it only lasting for 40 rounds seems weird. And I haven't noticed any power to it yet, on my thief, who has Attacks brews up. Maybe that interferes...dunno