Ghost Story

For things that have no home (Or non Drak-Related)
flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Ghost Story

Post by flisk »

This took place about 6 months ago.

My real world job consists of doing a few different things. As part of what I do, I make films. Recenlty we just wrapped on the set of a new movie called A Bad Day. I also take photographs. Never in my life have I seen what you are about to be shown.
I was given the task of creating the movie poster for the film and I had a good idea of what I wanted the main picture of the poster to be. A chair against a rough looking brick wall. I was discussing that idea with a buddy of mine who is in construction and he told me about this new building that was going up, told me to stop by. I did and it had a perfect fire-wall I could use and everything had a nice dirty grungy feel to it. He gave me a key and said I could come back after they were done for the day. I went home and started to gather up all the things I would need, my cameras, spotlights, extention cord, etc. I threw all of that into the back of the truck and at about 9 PM Mike called me, said they were packing up for the day and the place was ready for me.

I jumped into the truck, stopped by McDonalds (which was actually right behind this place) and then went into the building to set up. I figured Mike would have been there, but the place was deserted, totally empty. And Dark as pitch black. I plugged in my spotlights and pointed them towards the wall. I was kindav freaked out, the ceiling was partially open and lots of wind was howling through the rafters, which just added to me freaking out.

The very first shot I took was of the wall itself, kidav a wide shot so that I could have a good chunk of wall to use. Then I took a few other shots, various poses of the chair in front of the wall and what not. Wanting to get out of there as quickly as I could I packed my stuff up and left.

Yes, I know this is supposed to be a Ghost Story. Well... The next day I took my film to get developed and about 6 hours later I was thumbing through them. This is the very first shot I took:

I was totally alone that night. No-one else was there. Yet there is clearly someone standing there, looks like sweeping the floor? Where the hell is the HEAD?? And because of the spotlights I had, why is NOTHING casting a shadow???

Very nearly crapping my pants I keep flipping pictures. I then came to the main photo of the chair, good and clear. Then I realize,

It's not the same chair I brought with me to photograph! Take a look at the one in the first photo I just listed, THAT is the chair I brought with me. The one in the other photo is clearly NOT the same one. I decided to use it for the poster anyways (mainly because of the scary as hell story that goes along with it). I "aged" the photo of the chair by the way.

But there you have it, Something in a photo that WAS NOT THERE and is missing a HEAD!!! And a chair that never existed in front of me when I took the shot. I cannot explain it, so I've chalked it up as some kind of ghost.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'Ghost Story'

Post by Darge »

maybe there was a headless dude limvis and you exposed him! wait........
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

I claim photosoup :P
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

pft...my kid does better cut and paste with sissors and Elmers:p
FAT BOTTEM GIRLS MAKE THE ROCK'N WORLD GO ROUND!!

RyKnow

Post by RyKnow »

The first picture; Nothing else casts a shadow. The chair, the bags, nothing. Thats the only explination i can give for that photo, i could give more but i wont.

The second picture; I got nothing. The only thing i can think of is that 'someone' swapped it.
Last edited by RyKnow on Tue May 31, 2005 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Its a fake, the guy without a head has a perfectly cut head a real headless guy would have a curvy cut, and he looks like a cartoon.

flisk
Admin
Admin

Post by flisk »

I just don't think that the little old lady at wal-greens would know much less care to fake a photo like that.

RyKnow

Post by RyKnow »

Wrong. A person with his head chopped off does not really have to have a 'curvy' cut... he could have went through a... *gulp*... guillotine.

Ztinktoof

Post by Ztinktoof »

The guy has a broom, which as a Sysop, you should know must remain lockered. The fact that he was also invisio to you, means that he is clearly a griefing floor thief! Probably the one that swept up all my loot in Pillars last night.

Strange there are no shadows anywhere. You might have enabled Brad's dynamic lighting. It does all sorts of funky things. Disable and re-shoot.

You can't see his head 'cause he was using a hider account. Check the logs for someone two-boxing from the same IP address and xfering large sums of coin. Oh wait.... ummm... scratch that idea. At least until the logs from this week are deleted.

Not sure about the chair. I did notice the Giant King's throne was missing. I bet someone used the mining exploit to move it to that warehouse! GK2's lumbago acts up when he cannot sit and is an easy kill.

Not to name names or anything as everyone knows I *never* troll the forums. But metalists exploiting illusion walls and MAs trivializing content with Auto Heal would be top on my list. No doubt laundering the sale of the lair through another account.

What? They are not DZ screen shots? Nevermind...
Ztinktoof
Drakkars Moral Standard
Avatar (C) WIlliam Li: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/w/i/william/
KaM Guild Website: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ctanzio/kam.html

flisk
Admin
Admin

Post by flisk »

now THAT was a funny read!

Ragnoker

Post by Ragnoker »

*Rag peers out of the darkness and quietly appears as a ghost ( yes, he could be now considered a ghost in the eyes of Drakkar ) and quietly moans "yes, we are real".

Proof ? http://www.bibleprobe.com/ghostpictures.htm
http://www.phoenixguild.net
"What -- Me Worry?"