I have so many questions!

Players assistance on how to get started
Benedict

I have so many questions!

Post by Benedict »

Things have changed a lot... I just went away for a couple of decades! :)

A couple of basic questions.
What is the difference between Nork 1 and 2, and how do you know which one you are in?
What is the difference between the first and second floors of the guild hall? I see that things are a little cheaper on the second floor, but are the trainers different?

Level gains, and Skill gains (particularly skill gains) are way, way faster than I remember. Should I bother to pay for training?

There are a lot of NPCs hanging out in the guild hall... Who are Biggie and Blurt? What is the bottle of fermented extraterrestrial fluid?

Do you still have separate guild halls?

Is there any function to the Hall of Honor above the Steel Flower? I saw several names I recognized.

I pulled out my old manual from 1993, version 1.50.11 ! Think I could get anything for it on Ebay?

Ben

Lucky2

Re: I have so many questions!

Post by Lucky2 »

All good questions there!

Nork Alt1 and Alt2 used to have more differences being that Alt1 was normal speed and Alt2 had faster rounds but brad has copied Alt2 over to Alt1 so they both have fast rounds! Alt2 also used to have slightly better exp/skill gain not sure if it still does since the copy.

Guild hall 1 and Guild hall 2 have different portals for one, the trainers have different skill caps i believe, both levels have different lockers.

Paying for skill is still a huge boost but not necessary at the lower skills no.

As far as the pots the npcs give up there i do not know it has been some time heh.

The hall of honor is just for remembrance as far as i know. Many good names up there though I do visit from time to time :).

Supposedly guilds still have there own guild halls and untagged players share one but that could be incorrect.
Darge: I mean, it's not really my style, but I'm sure I can find someone to bend you over real nice like if it's what youre looking for

Lucky______RIP, Randall___RIP, Anxiety___RIP, Spectre_____RIP

Benedict

Post by Benedict »

Thanks!

Glad to know I can stop worrying about whether I'm on alt1 or 2, they had seemed the same to me.

And I gather the guild hall trainers may have different skill caps but don't charge different amounts? Don't offer training at different rates, so as long as I'm not at a skill cap I may as well use the more convenient trainer? And that includes town trainers?

Okay, and I'm having a surprising amount of fun with my MA, especially once I found jumpkick :)
I'm thinking about re-rolling that character slot to get better stats. You clearly keep a percentage of your XP when you re-roll. Do you also keep skill, or a trained skill level? Does changing your character class when you re-roll change how much xp or skill rolls over?
I've re-rolled a few times to try different classes, but I wasn't paying attention to this.

Oh! And I can't climb up to the Griffon lair just south of Nork. Has that changed? Do I have to get climbing skill now, and how do I get that if I need it?

Benedict

Benedict

Post by Benedict »

Oh! This amazing dialog box pops up about once per day on all my toons... It offers me increases in stats, health, energy, leader points, and quirk points. I've been increasing my stats, and they go to 19! They don't seem to go to 20 though.
I haven't collected enough quirk points to do anything yet, but they look amazing.
How long has this been going on? And what do most choose here?

Ben

Lucky2

Post by Lucky2 »

The daily bonus is once a day in nork for all paid accounts so make sure to log all your crits every day and go to alt 2 nork. It's possible the stat adds are capped based on level but mine can go up to 38 on certain stats (my current stat cap). Willpower Luck and Charisma have different caps and are not as easily raised. I want to say quirks were implemented back in 2005 or so. Quirks depend on class which are beneficial to start choosing first level can also play a part in which quirks to choose.
Darge: I mean, it's not really my style, but I'm sure I can find someone to bend you over real nice like if it's what youre looking for

Benedict

Post by Benedict »

Stats Caps keep going up as you level? Another big change, cool.
I have looked/searched for websites with KoD information, and have found several, but most are older.
What am I missing? Do I have to go on facebook?

Benedict

Lucky2

Post by Lucky2 »

Yes stat caps go up based on level. Off the top of my head I can't tell you what levels unlock what stats I might be able to dig it up in my notes somewhere.

The drak fan sites currently are lacking atm. There are a few current ones I am trying to gather all the information i have saved over the years to get my website up and running but it won't be ready for a little while at this point heh. I'm always willing to answer questions as they pop up my DZ name is Lucky2 as well in game.

Benedict

Post by Benedict »

Thanks so much!
My main repeat question now is "Where the heck am i?"
Since I started hunting That huge area you can get to in SW Nork.... I gather that is Nork -3.5
Very big. Thank goodness for twigs!
B