Skill 41-42 ideas

If you have an idea post it here
Thes

Skill 41-42 ideas

Post by Thes »

Thought I would make a post to get some ideas on new skill levels. See if anyone else can help add ideas while SK is still being worked on! Sorry my class knowledge is limited so not a ton of ideas from just myself

Barbarian
Skill 41 - Further immunity to stuns/primal stuns (maybe like 50%+?), or possibly have the cleave debuff ability grant immunity to stuns for barb or party while its in effect?
Skill 42 - No more zerking up magical items (would allow 2h weapons to be used properly, use of a shield etc)
Another idea - Skill 41 is no zerking items, skill 42 barb - Now capable of equipping same item in offhand. Has 5/10% chance to cause offhand to swing each time main hand lands/makes an attack?

Ment
Skill 41 - Further increase their ability to avoid hitting party members with aoe? (not sure what it is but maybe make it like 90% once class quirk maxxed)
Skill 42 - No more hp loss from massteleport

FM
Skill 41 -
Skill 42 -

Paladin
Skill 41 - Possibly no more targetting friendly characters with multi strike?
Skill 42 - Multi strike bonus of some sort?
or Skill 42 - form bash? must have shield equipped. Cause enemy to be unable to cast tiers/spells for x rounds, x round reuse

Thief
Skill 41 -
Skill 42 - Now capable of equipping dagger in offhand, 100% duplication of attack from main hand?

Healer
Skill 41 -
Skill 42 - Critcure can now be cast as a "buff", consuming the buff if the player with would normally have died, but preventing the death?

MA
Skill 41 -
Skill 42- kick/sweep causes enemy(s) to be unable to cast spells or tiers for x rounds? x% chance to succeed

Thes

Re: Skill 41-42 ideas

Post by Thes »

Forwarding some ideas over I was given

F/M - skill 41 - 15%-25% increase in spell damages, including tiers, as was done with casting bonuses when ments/fm's got when in 30's skill ranges
skill 42 - significant increase in melee damage from tiers such as Crushing Excrutiation - perhaps 2x current damage coming from the tier (or just increase the tier damage and let F/Ms also MT w/o health loss as was suggested for ments). Just seems odd that thief Blade of Deceit yields 8k or more (55k with BS bonus strike when it happens) and f/m gets 1875 per round (1 extra round I believe, but still 5 rounds of F/M tier doesnt equal 1 round of thief tier (but please dont decrease thief damage instead - few enough damage abilities for thieves as it is

Thief - skill 41 - same as recommended by your earlier post for dagger (attack if dagger skill at 41 and throw if throw skill at 41). Maybe also provide better hide ability for BS if thief and weapon skill at/above 41
skill 42 - higher party buff than Fog of Deceit - or improvement to FoD that increases health buff and possibility of BS type weapon strike for whole party - especially if the weapons being wielded by party members are also sk 42 (or if other party members already at thief sk 42)

Healer - skill 41- pwh gives full health restore when cast instead of the lower amounts
skill 42 - party buff ability for strength, agility, aid
or vice versa party buff ability at 41 and full pwh at 42

seiyria

Post by seiyria »

skill 40+ ment could:

* imbue discs into a weapon (unlimited use)
* imbue tiers into bracers/twigs
* negate or reduce damage dealt to party members via tfs/tss/etc
* mt between scenarios

seiyria

Post by seiyria »

Back to basics, lets make some old disciplines used again! Some discs that, in my experience, are not commonly used:

* poison (increase damage by a significant amount, as well as duration)
* disease (increase damage by a significant amount, as well as duration)
* trapsack (???, since IR is thief-oriented, maybe something could be added)
* detect (IR just reeks of something that could benefit from using detect for some mechanics)
* charm (not sure what we could do here)
* blind (lots of things don't seem to be affected by blind)
* confusion (lots of things don't seem to be affected by confusion)
* push (it feels negligible. perhaps it could be similar to denial tiers, where your push also freezes the target in place and applies some sort of debuff that makes it different from the tiers, and still worthwhile)
* findfriendly (let us summon something that we can use for more than bait, maybe it can help heal the party or buff the party of the ment in some way like giving us accuracy buffs)

These could get primal boosts to be relevant again, some suggestions on how above. It just feels sad having a bunch of skills that don't seem to see a lot of use!

curiousredmonkey

Post by curiousredmonkey »

I have never understood why these amazing disciplines never scaled to new features as they get cast.

Nor did I ever understand why poison should not give experience points when it kills.

It is a shame that so many disciplines fall by the way side.

seiyria

Post by seiyria »

thief - hide in plain sight. Obviously a high-skill requirement, but being able to stand in a big room and "hide in plain sight" as it were would be something neat, too.

seiyria

Post by seiyria »

thief - autoloot. all corpses killed by thief are moved to the thiefs hex and autosearched

curiousredmonkey

If he added auto loot to thieves then all players would want it for all their other classes too.<g>

Other games do this as a client side feature. It would make life so easy and stress free when there are a large number of players in an area. The good old days.

curiousredmonkey

Some back story, then some ideas...

In Refuge, the traps kill my thief - a lot. It was great to see traps in the game again, but I quickly stopped using them because of so many deaths. I posted in another thread about their pros and cons awhile back. Traps take time to buy, deploy, remove, and plan. And tiers do not. Something to consider.

Thief Traps:
  • Skill 41: If an area damaging trap is triggered in his area then he receives only one quarter damage from his own traps.
  • Skill 42: If an area damaging trap is triggered in his area then he receives no damage from his own traps.
  • Skill 42: A Sparkle Gem trap: An area effect trap that brings a high percentage of NPCs all onto the trap hex.
    • The trap creates an illusion of a sparkling gem that draws the NPCs attention onto the hex and then they begin to fight over it.
    • Duration: 100 rounds.
Thief Tiers (Skill 41+):
  • Tracking ability: Can find a target by name, type, or bulls-eye.
    • Example of usages: Track, track k, track kitchen_21.
      • 1st usage is example of currently bulls eyed target getting tracked,
      • 2nd usage is the closest npc that has a name beginning with "k",
      • 3rd usage is more specific and ignores all kitchen names except the closest Kitchen_21 found.
    • Example of results: "Kitchen_21 is northwest of your location: 3 hexes N, 2 hexes E".
    • Duration: 20 rounds, with updates every round.
    • Recast: 10 rounds.
  • Shadow Travel ability: A limited form of teleport, but automatically casts darkness and executes hide when arriving at the destination.
    • Can travel to a targeted NPC when they are bulls eyed (the command is just "shadow").
    • Must cast darkness before memorizing the location.
    • Can teach another thief the location.
    • Example of usages:
      • Shadow,
      • Shadow memorize Uther,
      • shadow Uther,
      • shadow forget Uther,
      • shadow <other player's thief name> Uther,
      • shadow list.
      Side effects: Casting darkness and executing hide can take 2 rounds. If this is too long, then will need a 0 round version of one or both. Testing required.
  • A combination of Tracking and Shadow Travel abilities when an NPC is targetted: While Tracking is active on an NPC then cast Track to see where they are and then decide to click there (0 rounds) or Shadow Travel to them (2 rounds).
    • Since Shadow Tracking auto darks and hides, this should not get the thief killed except when area discs/tiers are in use.
    • A useful combination in the world of fast rounds and fast moving NPCs.
    • Example of usages:
      • Hit the target with Blade of Deceit,
      • click track,
      • click shadow,
      • wait 2 rounds,
      • attack,
      • attack,
      • click shadow,

curiousredmonkey

I am suggesting two new line of Barbarian tiers, which scare the **** out of an NPC (Undead not affected). And I don't mean that the NPCs run away. I mean they drop all/almost-all defenses, movement, or attacks. They may even effectively drop their right and left hand items too. In other words, they quake in their boots. How the defenses, movements, and attacks of the NPCs scale for each tier I will not detail (that is hidden from players). However, here is an idea of the obvious affects of the two tier lines...

Visage Tiers: It cuts through all NPC reason (Undead not affected). It stirs up deep memories that incapacitate. The player(s) see which NPCs are affected (a change to the NPC's icon and name). That way they can target the easiest to kill (NPC icon could be a squatting figure, holding their faces in their hands. And a temporary name change, to "Quaking...")

Three quick notes:
  • The definition of DOT: Damage Over Time, is the damage done each round for the life of the Tier.
  • A boost only comes when the Barbarian (and party) sees the quaking NPC. They (and others in party) gain confidence from this observation. If no NPCs are affected by the tier then no boosts are granted. In fact, they might even lose some.
  • Any aging effects only applies to the Barbarian.[/i]
Here are my initial thoughts on the Visage Tier names and their observable affects...
  • The Visage of Fear: Affects up to 1 hostile. DOT 300. +10 STR. A Damage Boost. +100 HP Regen.
  • The Visage of Terror: Affects up to 2 hostiles. DOT 300. +15 STR. A Damage Boost. +200 HP Regen.
  • The Visage of Horror: Affects up to 4 hostiles. DOT 400. A little aging. +20 STR. 2x Damage Boost. +300 HP Regen.
  • The Visage of Nightmares: Affects up to 8 hostiles. DOT 400. Mild aging (1/16 Primal Form). +25 STR. 2x Damage Boost. +400 HP Regen.
  • The Visage of the Primordial: Affects up to 16 hostiles. DOT 500. Aging (1/8 Primal Form). +30 STR. 4x Damage Boost. +500 HP Regen.
  • The Visage of the Impossible: Affects up to 32 hostiles. DOT 1000. Aging (1/4 Primal Form). +60 STR. 8x Damage Boost. +1000 HP Regen.
Duration and Recast times to be determined. Non-barbarian player in the affected area lose INT/WIS/STR. However, if they are in a party with the Barb then they gain INT/WIS/STR. They are glad the visage of the barbarian is on their side and become more confident as a party.

Ancient Tiers: It goes deeper than a visage or memory. This one cuts to the very core DNA of an NPC (Undead not affected). After a kill the Barb's out of control round will select the next terrorized NPC, before all others. The barb can still manually re-target and "arg" to their heart's content. Here are my initial thoughts at names and affects...
  • An Ancient Fear: Affects 1x1 area. DOT 2000. Aging (1/2 Primal Form). Barb +10 Attacks. +1000 Temp Base Hit Points.
  • An Ancient Terror: Affects 1x1 area. DOT 3000. Aging (like Primal Form). +20 Attacks. +2000 Temp Base Hit Points.
  • An Ancient Horror: Affects 2x2 area. DOT 4000. Aging (Primal Form + 1/4 Dark Form). +20 Attacks. +3000 Temp Base Hit Points.
  • An Ancient Nightmare: Affects 2x2 area. DOT 5000. Aging (Primal Form + 1/2 Dark Form). +30 Attacks. +4000 Temp Base Hit Points.
  • An Ancient Primal Form: Affects 3x3 area. DOT 10000. Aging (Primal Form + Dark Form). +30 Attacks. +5000 Temp Base Hit Points.
  • An Ancient Dark Form: Affects 4x4 area (all in view). DOT 20000. Aging (2x Primal + 2x Dark). +60 Attacks. +10000 Temp Base Hit Points.
Duration and Recast times to be determined. Non-barbarian players in the affected area lose 50% in all stats and Hit/Energy points. However, if they are in a party with the Barb then they gain 50% in all stats and points. They are glad this ancient creature is on their side and become more confident as a party.

Each Barbarian's Tier is independent of any other Barbarian Tier in a party. They do not overwrite or cancel out each others Tiers. A party of barbarians can become a force of nature; if they coordinate their tiers.

Refuge gear can increase the potency of the Tiers, causing deeper quaking in more NPCs. This would let the barb use a less stressful Tier for effect or use the best for even more maximum output. Here are some examples of gear ideas:
  • An Expressive Visage(a mask worn in the helmet slot).
    • "Deflection Level 1" through "Deflection Level 6": Reduces the stress of aging by one level per power of the mask.
    • "Inflection Level 1" through "Inflection Level 6": Increases DOT strength by one level per power of the mask.
  • The Countenance of the Ancients (helmet slot).
    • "Reduction Level 1" through "Reduction Level 6": Reduces the stress of aging by one level per power of the mask.
    • "Induction Level 1" through "Induction Level 6": Increases DOT strength by one level per power of the mask.
  • The Cloak of Memories. Makes a specific tier more powerful and also eliminates the stress.
    • Example: Cloak of Memories with "Visage of Fear 2", increases only the Visage of Fear Tier by 2x (adds +20 STR, +200 Hits, 600 DOT -> +30 STR, +300 Hits, 900 DOT).
    • No stress on the Barbarian at all, but only when casting the Visage of Fear tier.
    • All other tiers remain the same.
  • The Robe of Ancient Forms.
    • The same type of behavior as the above cloak.
Note: Barbarian tiers do not affect the Undead. The paladin should have those tiers. I do not play a Paladin so will leave suggestions to others.
Last edited by curiousredmonkey on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 29 times in total.

seiyria

Post by seiyria »

More powerwords! I haven't been able to think of anything yet, but maybe powerword agility, powerword strength, powerword <other buff> would be great. Powerword is really only used for heal and sometimes stun. Maybe PWD scaling would help too?

curiousredmonkey

The "Wind Up": The ability to "wind-up" a physical attack. Imagine Popeye winding up his spinach punch or Thor spinning his hammer before the blow. Same idea. Every class should get this one. Skill 40+. A natural fit for a quirk or ability.

It is for when you are not able to damage an NPC because of consistent weapon and/or armor blocks. Each round you put into the "wind-up" increases the chance to hit and adds to the damage. So one round of "wind-up" didn't connect? No problem do two round "wind-up", still not enough then...you get the idea.

If you like: Each "wind-up" could also increase the chance of a stun, knock-down, and sack drop (coins, vial, etc.)
Last edited by curiousredmonkey on Mon May 01, 2017 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

curiousredmonkey

Reason: My thief still takes 10-20 times longer to kill a single NPC, than any other class. To make the thief more on par, more fun, and with an occasional surprise I offer the following: Can be in both solo and party modes.

The more hexes traveled in a backstab, then the greater the damage. Each hex doubles the damage. So a 4 hex backstab could do 16x the damage (2x 1 away, 4x 2 away, 8x 3 away, 16x 4 away).

No change in strategy when charging or using Blade of Deceit (with the occasional backstab that comes with them). However, for direct backstabs he will try to maximize his distance before each attack. I am not sure but I think his chance to connect should be increase as well; by how much, will require testing.

Party Mode: Others in the party can get the occasional bonus (like with current thief charge or BoD); a frothing barbarian leaping around like a madman, or an MA using his precision distance type attacks, or a Paladin focusing his attention with distance attacks, etcetera for other classes. So, the 42+ thief in a party adds occasional damage travelled to everyone doing physical attacks.

Makes sense to me to make this a "class quirk" for the Thief.

Other bonuses, at 42+ skill:
  • When in darkness, all backstabs are doubled. Does not matter if the target can see in the dark. The thief knows how to use it to his advantage.
  • When the thief is at or launches from a corner, then all backstabs are doubled. The thief knows how to move around a corner for even more of a surprise.