028 - NL2 (Bonus) update

Brad
Admin
Admin

028 - NL2 (Bonus) update

Post by Brad »

Nl2 has a quick update with a bunch of server side code changes needed for some upcoming content.

Please just play normally.. immediately obvious changes are that all respawn times are about 25% faster, and SK captain respawn times are about 75% faster. (Changing the respawn mechanic a bit).

You may also notice that the creatures are far more responsive, and rounds are more consistent (doing a lot of optimization here).

Also have some more logging in to figure out why stray treasure is hitting non-SK crits. If this happens, please report (in this thread), the creature name, location, and what you got.

Please report any wierdness!

(Only on NL2 right now)

Thanks!

Thes

Re: 028 - NL2 (Bonus) update

Post by Thes »

Ive found a sk sash in gnomes 3 (2 dropped of the same creature)
Ive found a green armor page in thumper cave (possibly off a wandering sdc forest mob)
Ive found 2 green armor page, 1 black armor page off gnomes 3 creatures
Ive found a few red stat bottles off gnomes 3 creatures

These were all in the previous month. All drops were in nl2. I doubt Ill be back to those areas as my characters are now in sk, so doubt I test further.

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Found EP looking pots in thumpers.
Found a green page in thumpers.

I know someone else found green pages in thumpers too.

Curiously enough, when I hunted in SK caves, no EP looking pots dropped. Later while I decided to get my thief also levelled up, tons of those EP look alike pots dropped. Another player levelling his thief also got those pots.

Is the drop somehow related to "class" ?

Thes

Post by Thes »

Ive seen one of those in gnomes 3, and I know someone else that also found one in gnomes 2. Neither of us have thiefs. I ignored it, assumed it was an ep pot. I think he drank his and said something about boosting armor?

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Melee damage reducer.

Thes

Post by Thes »

Leveling a new healer alt so will prob have a bit more info. I was getting a lot of flowers from gdh-sdc dropping in d6 over the last few days. Dont think they are supposed to be there.

Also to note is a lot of these items that drop that arent supposed to, are almost always dropping in pairs. I noticed something is wierd with tiers doing the same thing. When I was looking for healer tiers, when a couple would drop off a mob, Id sense and they would be the same. Sometimes up to triplets off the same mob. I dont know if that has anything to do with it, but think I mentioned it when I got the pages and sash from gnomes.

Also a group of our guild was in gnomes last night and found more green and black armor pages. Not sure if that fix a week ago was to address the item dropping in wrong scenario.

Ill have some m25 info probably by next week or so, but I dont remember anything dropping out of place there

Thes

Post by Thes »

Found 2 copies of a silver armor page last night off either the plants or golems in gdh area around the witch. Again both dropped off same mob

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

These are super-great guys, thanks.

Each one helps me narrow down the issue.

But yes, apparently MORMAR is immune.. which is GREAT cause it gives me something to look at that ISNT broken.

:)

Brad

Thes

Post by Thes »

Just got 4 copies of blood rite of the bear in wyverns lvl 2 while looking for a talon, all off the same mob

Thes

Post by Thes »

Hunted in gnomes for another couple nights (no weird drops in 3 hours or so). We did have silver pages drop earlier, and on a hunch ken checked and there was someone hunting in silver level in nl2 at the same time. So the thought is whatever level of sk someone is hunting, somehow their occasional drops are hitting someone/somewhere in sdc. Would make sense why sometimes black, sometimes green, sometimes silver pages drop. Dont think I have ever seen any gold pages. Anyway, not sure if you were told so figured I would make mention of it.

Possibly even from mobs that arent being looted and disappearing? Then someone is searching mobs in other parts of nl and getting the drops that normally would have rotted and been on the floor in x level of sullen keep. But since you have the mobs not dropping loot if they arent looted, the loot has to go elsewhere? Anyway just speculation.

Thes

Post by Thes »

3 more hours in gnomes, no drops out of the ordinary except for a couple tiers that were meant to be in Mormar, only happened once. 15 minutes in ice titan afterwards looking for a page and I found 4 - barb silver page 10. They dropped off 3 different mobs though in a 5 minute window.

Thes

Post by Thes »

Im in sk again, so I wont have any further info for now. I did notice I got a lot of page 10s of armor outside sk. Not sure if its the specific page having issues, but I know I had others.

One other thing I noticed last night is all mobs in the gold level of sk only drop 1 gem. Every other level has 2 gems (meaning 2 chances of an item/page/tier drop). I assume this was an oversight. As I said before I never saw a gold page outside sk, I dont know if that has anything to do with it, or if it is just because I assume most people avoid hunting gold level because of the reduced chance of getting drops. Again this is all speculative on the idea of someone hunting a level of sk, and their items dropping elsewhere instead of just mobs randomly dropping sk items.