NL-1 Fast mode feedback

Pancho

NL-1 Fast mode feedback

Post by Pancho »

I subscribed today to see if its worth playing. The speed is good. Spent 3 hours in grasslands looking for pot drop to enter caves. Zero drop.

Edit:
Yes, searched every kill before they poofed.

qmtu

Re: NL-1 Fast mode feedback

Post by qmtu »

What are we testing?

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

qmtu wrote:What are we testing?
Sometime ago, players have asked for increase in speed for NL-1.

Tinke

Post by Tinke »

I actually Played back and forth from nl1 - nl2 And they seemed to be fairly equal at least in Sdc area.
I Would hope that nl1 will continue to stay with the fast rounds. It would be A great first step in the right direction to
Keep nl1 fast rounds permanently , Thank you brad ...!
You just got "pinged" by a "Trapsack" of pixie dust...!!!!

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

I have spent few hours in SK and I like it in terms of speed and drop rate. Brad, please continue the fast mode. It might need some tweaking though. A friend pointed out that with NL-2 speed its very very hard to complete the Maze quest. Perhaps there might be few other quests that also need to be tweaked to account for speed increase. Thanks to you Brad, for moving in the right direction.

qmtu

Post by qmtu »

I don't think it's as much of a problem of him dealing with the speed of the game, but more that he's not accustomed to the fast rounds compared to the old slow rounds. Once he gets used to the fast rounds, the gameplay is smoother and more fluid. If you've watched that movie "Zootopia", the slow rounds is akin to listening to that sloth speak.

For me, the shock from going from fast rounds to slow rounds is much worse than going from slow rounds to fast rounds.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

The issue is primarily to decide if there is a segment of players who won't be able to make the transition.

brad

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Brad,

In NL, it becomes necessary to have a party to make any meaningful progress. Beyond SDC-2, it is quite common to have a party of 6 or more to keep that same momentum in gaining exp and skill. The cut in exp/skill gain gets drastically cut beyond 6 in a party.

I like to propose that in areas beyond SDC-2, the exp/skill gain penalty be extended from 4 to 6 in a party.

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Brad wrote:The issue is primarily to decide if there is a segment of players who won't be able to make the transition.

brad

I can see how that is an issue since both alts of nork are fast, and everyone plays in ccob for speed and extra gains. Regular cob is something you go to for an extra lair kill.

I can see how going from sped up rounds from lvls 1-50 might be jarring for players to continue using them for lvls 50-95.

The only issue with sped up rounds in nl2 is that people who run multiple accounts wont/can't pay $25 a month per account to use it.

Cobra

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

I can't comment from the point of view of a new player, that isnt handed gear or overgeared from the get go. The only issue I see that could possibly occur would be from the 100% guaranteed hits. remove it from nork. It isn't necessary.

With both alts sped up in nork, go ahead and remove an alt, You simply do not need 2 alts of nork, playerbase doesnt require it. 2 alts of cob? also do not seem necessary.

2 alts of aleria. one is harder for primal skill, although honestly, it seem like a fast track skill area that did not provide much challenge, honestly I thought primal aleria should have been removed long ago, or increase the difficulty of the area, however at the moment, players above 85 can not skill alternate skills up appropriately. My original idea for a primal aleria was not implemented correctly, however I do think Omni did some work on it. The original idea was for the areas to be pumped up to be a challenge for primals, that means MORE health, more damage, etc. On top of that the lairs would be a challenge and in exchange, the alerian items would be pumped up to give players something decent, alerian rares would be just as rare and also would be much better and nice for primal players. Once again, I do think omni did alot of work here, its a shame he does so much work on things that never make it into game. Consider looking into this again.. or remove primal aleria altogether.

I see the need for 2 alts of NL since one is for platinum players. Timed lairs and events should have their time increased, in similar fashion to the duration on the tiers. The only timed lairs that come to my mind at the moment are Merkon, Labrat, Mormar Trials, Great Hall Trials, Whackamole, Trapper, Coro. I know I have done mormar trials in NL2 and never ran out of time, we also had a large group of oversized players. Also, as mentioned, the Gatekeeper Maze quest for one of the dukes for the lvl 70 quest. Is impossible in fast speed. I tried it in NL2 and you are booted out before you even start moving. I had to go to NL1(slow mode) to complete this.

Ken

Post by Ken »

I really like Nameless being sped up however in its current state many problems arise. Your top priority should be to adjust the time limit to find the keeper at the center of the maze in Nameless Town. It is currently preventing people from progressing due to the sheer difficulty of finding the NPC in time.

After that it may be a good idea to adjust other quests accordingly but this one is the one we need adjusted most desperately. Thanks :D

And to add to Tirith's list there is also the little known Halmon Quest west of Homlet and the Bandit5 quest