free account growth

Nork Forum
skaarsonofhulk

free account growth

Post by skaarsonofhulk »

Hello, the Forum hasnt been active in quite a while, but i figure i would make a post anyways and see if anyone has input theyd come out of the crypts to share haha. i am currently running my free accounts, and have made decent progression, 20/17+2 pally and 19/15 ment. i have seen a few other free accounts beyond cob lvls, and was wondering/informing of my own spots for hunting once they surpass the typical "do n6 till you can go to cob". as for exp, the obvious higher tier in alt 1 is KM, and though i can kill a few(2-4) crits at a time there, i actually get the best exp currently in DT. for skill i still use both n5secret and n6 on occasion, and for my ments secondary skills(11 thief, 10 ma, 10 staff so far) but for my main skilling i have found lich1 lair to be best, i can kill harpies and drag the zoo to the 3x3 room at the far end and burn once or twice and then charge/espear, much like forgs, i use this same approach in n5secret as well. since the doors constantly closing has started, i have not tried n8 or beyond yet to compare. but for myself i spend the most time in lich/DT, with occasional trips to nork dungeons and Maeling dungeons. does anyone have some advice on where to go or areas they do themselves on free accounts i might not have thought of yet?

vedwed
Title: THE MAD MENT

Re: free account growth

Post by vedwed »

DT, ENork, KM (3&4) n7 are all decent for those levels.
Evil Nork is like N7 crits, just more ments and healers and erodian and the cloud giant (he's a wuss though) erodian hits hard and has a lot of hp, with this 5% hit though, be careful.
KM is great exp, but so so for skill.
N7, well its N7 be mindful of the draggie and slicer and you should be good. N8 is not worth the trouble a bit fun but no better than N7.

Dont know of many other places though, sorry couldnt be of more assistance

skaarsonofhulk

Post by skaarsonofhulk »

thats actually a ton of assistance tyvm. had not thought of Enork yet because of erodian, but i might try it. km4 i know is all exp, but do you know anything on km3's skill gain? feel like they seem like they switch from skill type critters to exp type from 3-4, but have just figured out some stun prot for harpies/npcs down there so havent tested myself to much yet. went to m4 last night and had to go grab some enmiss robes on ment, hadnt thought about it yet, but i might try fatepools for skill next time im on too, killed a bit there for the robes, and it totally seemed draggable/burnable much like forgs as well.

skaarsonofhulk

Post by skaarsonofhulk »

decided to update my initial post here as ive grown some alts to mentionable size and have noticed more higher lvl frees around. would like to post my strategy and play style here for those it might benefit, and if anyone has different ways/places they do on their free that theyd like to compare/improve mine for. for any of the free accounts reading this, i would love company in parties anytime you see me on, just shoot me a PM. DZ's are Tankosaurus and Skaar.

so ofcourse i mix and match on occasion with my crits, but for the most part i have 3 "setups" i go with. 20/17+2 pally and 19/16 ment. 18/14(mace)/9(throwing) barb and 15/14/11(axe)/10(throwing) thief. 16/14(hally) barb and 16/13 healer. with 2 MA's on each, having only been rolled for slith robe trades, so no potential there yet. though they may be my next project haha, the accounts are pally/mace barb/healer and ment/hally barb/thief so you can figure out what all combos i can go with.

Pally/Ment: i just made skill 16 on ment, so i havent done to much research on his skill gains now that hes higher, but i will get on that shortly and figure it out. have been doing the CH bero hp quest here recently as i have my paid account active for a month( also, can anyone tell me if there is/where to find a key that opens bero door in alt 1? and if not what skill a thief can pick it) but my pally is 62.17% into skill 17 as of last night and the progress, even paid up on skill is painfully slow. im averaging between .9-3.5% a night, which is slow and steadily chipping, but very difficult to keep at. thank god i get multistrike for it or else i might not even bother and just use him as a tank with pally hag/parry lol. i havent exp'd in a while as neither crit really has anything other than hp/ep to gain from it anymore, skill is certainly the bigger concern currently. i have really 2 spots i skill at with these 2, only swapping for different scenery, and the occasional trip to n6/n7 when someone doesnt know how to get to them. i also do both like we did forgs in NL, dunno if thats changed any or not. they are: 1st lich lair( i refer to as lich1), the floor here is set up nicely, as once you kill the lich, which is very easy for the first one, then drag the whole floor East, the far east has 2 rooms, the furthest has the tables in it, and nothing spawns here, this is the "safe" room, and where i set my twigs. the room just beside it, and S in the hallway, is a 3x3 that i use as the burn room. i drag with pally to the burn room from lich lair, killing all harpies along the way as they attack the other critters here and steal the zoo. once there the ment while standing on the center hex does 2 fireballs, this drops everything except the shield crits for some reason, im not sure why, down to 1-2 notches and easy 1 shots for espear/charge. skill tested at 20/17 pally and 18/15 ment(1/1 smaller than current, need to redo numbers) was 1.19% GS, 1.85% ment in 30 mins.The other spot is fate pools. swap out an enmiss robe and do the exact same thing, directly south of the stairs down to fate pools is another 3x3 room, again the burn room, again the same center hex 2 fireball burn count. this time kill the gnolls and rats as you drag to keep the zoo. 30 mins here yielded me 1.03% GS and 2.11% ment. the rest of fatepools is basically a giant circle leading to this room, so both lich and fatepools have perfect lay outs for zoo dragging. i took 30 min fragments of each where i didnt die, leave area or stop dragging the entire time so i feel they're reasonably close to accurate equivalents, as you can see fate pools yields slight better for the ment, and lich for the pally, but they are both reasonably close enough to swap out on.

Mace Barb/Thief: though this one ive recently decided to secondary skill in thrown, both barbs are basically the same in which they are support(even if the main killer haha) style crits where i stack zerk/arg on them while i pay attention to the thief/healer. that being said, ill skip the barb section on the next combo(barb/healer) and ask the few barb questions i have here on this combo, 1. whats the stats on neo hammer and improved marcus hammer/is it worth it to get neo over improved marcus, or either at all? had figured being aoe contact itd be good for exping, but maybe the damage offset for each is still to low compared to +7 smasher to be worth it.2. what is the barb, and if anyone knows multiple or a link with the info for all classes, Bero/durgon cup maxes? the thief i have playing the main on, despite getting far less kills. as the barb is bigger in this combo, i hunt 2 spots so far, compared to one with the healer/barb combo. being n5secret/n6, now for axe skill i BS skeles here, as for some reason i can chain BS them already, and thrown i stand off 3 hexes or so hidden and throw at the pile on the barb. thief i have been stealing from the pile while zerked/arged barb takes them out, which currently being paid up at skill 14( i dont know hwy, but for some reason thief seems to take double the coin as all other classes) is gaining about 18% a 30 min unkilled segment. i have heard alot say that mugging VT townies is great skill till 16 and chain bs, however ive found that each townie yields roughly 3%(give or take a bit) and thus i find myself only doing it when i check skill and im a certain % away, " oh 11%, thats only 4 VT townies" for example. barb gains is decent, but ill be honest, i dont keep up with, nor pay barbs skill, once they get charge, they can connect with every hunting area they go to, at that point its lvls that matter, getting fury/vamp being priority. better skill and to hit ratio will follow.

Healer: this is a class i NEVER played, so i was very skeptical at first, but i have ended up loving it. i have hot keyed form heal at myself, and the barb, as well as all prots(i do the same with ment/pally)and i can sit there and survive almost anywhere my much bigger ment/pally combo can by stacking zerk/arg and f1 (form heal) and f2( for heal at barb) on healer. fantastic job with barb being as he can be a main "support" and healer can be a supporting "main". that being said, though ive played around going to DT/lich/fatepools, i mostly keep, and have found the best skilling so far on healer, in n5secret, having gotten 4 characters to or above this skill, i feel nsecret is the "till 14" place, and then at 14+ your options open up a little more. i am planning on keeping this barb at 16 for bloods, and healer at 17 for bero/durgon max as well, so if anyone has a spare alt 1 blood or is willing to open the bero doors for me when your on, please let me know its much appreciated.

i hope this can help someone, and i look forward to some input from anyone who has some. thank you. please hit me up if you have any answers to some of my questions here, or would just like to party sometime in alt 1 lol.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok »

In Challenge Nork, my best skill came from Nork townies. I think I was getting .01% skill per townie, or .02% when paid up. Of course, making enough money to pay the trainer involved several hours of killing all the dragons in ML then several hours of selling all the gems while alt accounts held the corpses. In retrospect, clearing ML was just because we could - it wasn't really worth the time.

Anyway, I mugged and murdered townies until skill 19.