NL-TEST with level appropriate characters

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Re: NL-TEST with level appropriate characters

Post by Darge »

Nevyn wrote:Those potions are the loot, you sell them, that's what they are good for.
The vendor sells the minor version of prot pots for fire, ice, and lightning and then the major versions drop which is what I've been talking about. If the major version of the pots had the sole purpose of being sold, Brad wouldn't have made them do anything at all other than sell (you know, like gems) and wouldn't have given them increased protection.

If you gear for the damage an area deals, obviously it makes it moot. It's a reward for making good gear choices. I don't hear anyone complaining that high AC trivializes melee npcs.

Dragging large zoos is a function of out powering an area, which you can still do, just not as soon as you get there.

The game is face roll enough already.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn »

Actually, my original post on this area said that the to hit was to low and character ac was trivializing the content, so yes I have posted exactly that.

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn »

Darge, I simply think that a individual solo should have to make use of armor clicks and potions, not someone whom grouped and already receiving a prot for 1700pts. Brad wants to make the game more friendly to fewer accounts, then what you are advocating is not viable.

Darge

Post by Darge »

Nevyn wrote:Actually, my original post on this area said that the to hit was to low and character ac was trivializing the content, so yes I have posted exactly that.
Their to hit was flat broken and they couldn't hit entry level players in generic gear after the initial nerf. Which has nothing to do with my statement about high AC, seeing as that comes once you've outgrown the area.

But you're just being willfully obtuse, or aren't reading, so it's not worth further discussion.
SIN

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn »

Because I think you are being unreasonable does not mean i can't read. I have addressed each of your points as you have made them. We simply disagree on the level of difficult the are should require and how it should be achieved

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

Icetitan area was the only true solo area in sdc3.
Clerics could kill anything minus a barbarian or thief fairly easily.
meadows could kill anything extremely fast besides geared out healers, barbarians, and max leven thieves.
Lava city can be a death trap for anything reguardless.

Put ice titan back to how it was, if an icebreath is going to do 2k damage, then firebreath and lightning in lava city need to do 2k damage each as well.
that way people can walk into a room with 4 firelizards and 2 firelementals and take 12k damage entering the room.

The level of difficulty in sdc3 was always ice titan < clerics < north meadows < south meadows < lava city.
With 2k damage icebreath noone but barb and healer can ever hope to solo (single account) in the area.
The offset to the area was always horrible skill gains, risk of hitting icetitan, 3 separate spawn points with difficulty pulling.

This is not that difficult of a thought process. If brad wants areas to be more solo friendly, then why are we talking about areas being too easy for groups?
Was the area too easy for groups before the changes? Yes, but now that brad wants things easier, why are you attempting to have him make it harder darge?

If icetitan gets buffed as the easiest area of sdc3, then every other area needs made extremely difficult.
Clerics should take no less than parties of 4 to kill in.
Meadows should take 6 to 8 82s or higher to kill anything while still having constant death.
Lava city should be a guild raid just to make it to spur and skar.

Cliffnotes..
put icetitan back to how it was before all the changes.

Tinke

Post by Tinke »

I couldn't post on this other day, Pw I have wouldn't work anymore :/ I was in nl2 Ice flows about a week ago for half hour maybe with jabber, sure I died some, Didn't have the ice abs rings at the time , However I survived not to shabby. 3 days Ago I went back with 2 ice abs rings on with other Cutters / Healers 2 barbs and seemed to be a decent group we had compared to first time around, And I was a lot better equipped to surviving this time around with the healers. However I couldn't hardly survive 2 rounds at any given time. No time to talk in chat whatsoever cause we was all dying to fast. It was horrid to say the least. Even one ice serpent was taking me out before I could drink /move a round Can't imagine the damage output without cutters this second time around would of been. I did notice taking just about 4793k damage with all the cutters and protections I had on, Which basically was a one shot for mentalist. Even the mobs being damaged good when I started the fight would instantly turn on mentalist and one shot her besides being iced to death.
You just got "pinged" by a "Trapsack" of pixie dust...!!!!

Serefin

Post by Serefin »

Last edited by Serefin on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darge

Post by Darge »

If anything, nerf clerics. It's clearly the intended solo spot, with lower exp, lower hp, lesser coin drops and lower crit density. Making it a twig in/out zone and reducing clerics earth crush damage would be a good start.
SIN