Now I know I am one of the last remaining thieves.. but..

Place to discuss Thieves
nunnbt473

Now I know I am one of the last remaining thieves.. but..

Post by nunnbt473 »

Lockpicking is pretty sad. Its kind of sad when a noob locks himself in N1 goblin lair or something and a 50/30 thief cant pick the door open.

I also personally think that low end thieves get _insert favorite word here_ when it comes to low levels and hiding. Its kind of sad with around 23 agility @ skill 12+ I can still be seen in N4 on occasion empty handed. ts also sad I can solo an RD around skill 10 to 12, but can't really hunt N6 effectively. That just seems slightly out of balance. When a mentalist or barbarian gets their 14th skill level they can do some decent damage and really clear a dungeon or a room, but at skill 14 thief you can barely hide from your own shadow. I know this isn't exactly a class designed to be power hungry, but when you have to get skill 19 before you can go anywhere of consequence and stealing / mugging / lock picking / trap all have lost their place in the game, it becomes a little pointless to play them. The main reason I still play mine is its the only one that I can still run effectively on a free account with the limited HP.

Trapsack is also cool in theory, but again since there is no player stealing and most dungeons dont steal / mug. Half the lairs don't steal / mug... somewhat pointless.

I know playing a thief is an investment up until about skill 15 - 19, but throw me a bone or two along the way?
----------
Just say no to fate cards.

Gothmog
Title: Robbin ya since 1982

Re: Now I know I am one of the last remaining thieves.. but..

Post by Gothmog »

Your not one of the last remaining thieves. I am here and at the high end man that slow bit at first is worth it. I could solo most nork lairs way before alot of other classes could being able to hide and what not. It just takes time stick with it.

Longbeard

Post by Longbeard »

Picking locks is very limited but it still works.

In my opinion all doors that get locked must be available for thieves to pick, should be matter of skill / exp level.

Stealing and mugging is extremely limited again, and it is sad, there is a special character in Cobrahn that used to be impossible to defeat without thief in the party, now with a bigger party, thief is no longer needed. Can steal a big and heavy looking rock from Graagh and giants and that's about it. We need special content available only to the nimble fingers, i say put in huge gold bars at random, everywhere!

Traps, must give exp to thieves like fireball does to ments, no one uses them, for any reason i don't think so, it is sad.

Atom
Title: Member Stylish Club

Post by Atom »

throw me a bone or two
play a ma
play a ment

Gizmak666

Re: Now I know I am one of the last remaining thieves.. but.

Post by Gizmak666 »

nunnbt473 wrote: Trapsack is also cool in theory, but again since there is no player stealing and most dungeons dont steal / mug. Half the lairs don't steal / mug... somewhat pointless.
I used to use TS on my party when fighting dragons. Dragons (especially Mama Red) routinely would steal IHs from party members making the fight last longer.

I'd also would TS guildies when they weren't looking just to "say hi".

:)

Oliveloaf_ICE