f/m issues

Place to discuss F/Ms
Terrel

f/m issues

Post by Terrel »

These are minor issues, but would be nice to address these!

[*]Haste, and psionic diversion by extension, doesn't function properly in the scenarios that are sped up. In fact, hasted, I get fewer actions than non-hasted in those scenarios. I'm unclear if that got fixed in the recent update to round timers, so keep that in mind.

As the psionic diversion was an effort to up f/m's melee relative to other classes, this works exactly opposite in the fast scenarios. Relative to other classes, I hit less often when it's in effect!

[*] Melee based deplete: the melee deplete skill that one gains at some point in the 30+ skill range...more often than not, instead of gaining ep's when this "hits", I lose eps...significant amounts, too...in the 700 to 750 range. If the intent is for there to be an ep cost when this lands but fails, how about 100 eps, just like the disc? Better yet, how about no ep cost? :>

I realize these are probably low priority, but a look-see at these issues would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Re: f/m issues

Post by Tirith »

The melee based deplete is not supposed to have an ep cost and it doesnt... the -ep you see when it lands is a long standing bug dealing with deplete and floating eps. When you land a successful deplete, it takes you to your max minus floating ep. which for ep maxxed players is 990 (less for an f/m maybe?)

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

Ah, ok...same net effect, however ;> So fixing that would be swell

Logic2

Post by Logic2 »

Would be nice if haste did something in the faster scenarios tho. Used to be power full back in the day :> now its like haste is in the same catagory as corspray or confusion

Migam

Post by Migam »

Yeah, hope this is fixed cause the base ep for FM is much less. I believe purchased FM ep max is 493.

At 60, I'm overmax at base ep 611, I had 936 current ep, used deplete, lost 325 when it succeeded, bam, 611 ep left.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

Alternatively the skill 32 bonus could be changed to something else. After all deplete isnt really needed when we have as a Disc and leech quirks give ep back anyway.

As it stands the skill 32 bonus is not a bonus but a penalty.

Quaternion

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

Oh and come to think of it is anyone actually certain that burning and apocolyptic delerium actually work as they are supposed to?

As far as I can tell from casting on player characters they do nothing other than a little DOT.

Quaternion

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Quaternion wrote:Oh and come to think of it is anyone actually certain that burning and apocolyptic delerium actually work as they are supposed to?

As far as I can tell from casting on player characters they do nothing other than a little DOT.

Quaternion

They used to carry a Negative defence and negative to-Hit + the DoT

Although not tested this recently, its possible its broken.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

I can confirm they used to be an attack debuff. Was very noticeable on some mobs....bandit lord comes to mind. W/ debuff on, it'd be consistent misses. W/o debuff, it'd be consistent armor blocks.

Haven't tested in a couple of years, mind you.

Migam

Post by Migam »

Not to side track this thread cause Deplete should be fixed but...

though I love Psionic Diversion, I only know this:
Effects - 60 round, 120 round haste, + to-hit, +2 attacks.
Psionic diversion stacks with divergent essence or discerning eye, but not both at the same time

I love the fat-free haste but I find myself clicking it off after the haste cause of how it chews up my ep.

My F/M is more melee than ment though when it comes time to buff, I'm tapped out (and using GS means no ep regen ammy in left). How much + to-hit am I missing out on and is it a big deal?

Also, one person swore that BD caused him to get hit harder and not due to aggro as he was solo. I could never come up with the same conclusion.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
---Pathfinder

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

Migam wrote:Not to side track this thread cause Deplete should be fixed but...

though I love Psionic Diversion, I only know this:
Effects - 60 round, 120 round haste, + to-hit, +2 attacks.
Psionic diversion stacks with divergent essence or discerning eye, but not both at the same time

I love the fat-free haste but I find myself clicking it off after the haste cause of how it chews up my ep.

My F/M is more melee than ment though when it comes time to buff, I'm tapped out (and using GS means no ep regen ammy in left). How much + to-hit am I missing out on and is it a big deal?

Also, one person swore that BD caused him to get hit harder and not due to aggro as he was solo. I could never come up with the same conclusion.
Migam,

I used to do that too. Not sure how you're doing quirkwise, but the ep regen quirk and the battlemage leech quirks help tremenendously with the ep issue. (The leech more than the regen, to be honest).

Not clear on what the + to hit is, but it's helpful, certainly, and the +2 attacks are nice. I never hunt anymore w/o PD on.

Of course, getting back on track with the original intent of the thread...the haste benefits from PD (which far, far outweight the + to hit and the extra 2 attacks) are a detriment in the fast scenarios! ;>

Logic2

Post by Logic2 »

Can we have haste fixed ? or with high speed scenarios is this impossible to make us go faster ?

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Your going as fast as you can with haste on high speed scenarios.

niko

Post by niko »

Can confirm losing rounds while hasted in high speed game. Usually lose 1 round every 3-4 rounds.

I'm guessing haste actually changes the round interval, but on high speed game round interval is already as low as it can go? Not sure why that would cause the negative effects we see... maybe some weird race issue?

How about changing haste to be an "allow 2-3 actions per round" instead of "set round interval to x"? Or (in the high speed game) just don't have haste do anything at all so at least haste (specifically haste from PD) doesn't hurt you.

~niko

niko

Post by niko »

On more testing... haste seems to work fine on npcs. Maybe just give players the npc version on high speed game if that's possible?

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

All your doing ( when you haste an npc ), is removing the forced-delay I put on creatures over players ( about 2 seconds ). Which is not noticable in a normal speed game.

Logic2

Post by Logic2 »

How about change haste to do something useful.... haste your eps regen or haste your health regen ? I duno just throwing out ideas so its not a useless disc.

Logic2

Post by Logic2 »

When I haste a NPC in crazy cob they usually 3-4 round me before i can hit them once. Haste cant speed up players like that in high speed scenarios ? I must be missing something here. I would be happy if haste just sped up our eps regen, like 1 more eps per skill lvl or something when cast on a player.

Migam

Post by Migam »

<waves his necro wand>

Yeah, haste in fast alts still slows hastee to normal speed while everything around them attacks at full tilt.

Just like F/M needed deplete fixed cause they can't just choose not to deplete due to sk36 f/m ability that depletes sometimes on hit, I cannot use Psionic Diversion in fast alts as it automatically hastes and now I'm liking the boosts even if it eats ep but not liking the "slowdown".

This needs fixing. Either allow us to attack faster than fast alts or please kill hasting when in a fast alt so my speed is the same. If it were as simple as Well... don't haste, I wouldn't post this.
---Pathfinder

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Hmm im not sure how haste would make you attack SLOWER in fast alts??

All haste does is allow you to enter two commands every time your are eligible.

But, in a fast alt, there is no delay between the commands.

Are you sure its making you attack SLOWER? or are you just not seeing an INCREASE? ( since in a fast alt you can run as many commands as can get processed .. i can see the no increase thing )

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

I have never noticed a slow down, HOWEVER i rarely play an f/m and when im not i usually dont use haste anyways. But I dont see why haste would slow you down, however maybe we can look into fixing this problem. The fast alts makes haste useless. Can haste make the one player process even faster? to even go that fast would require said player to stack commands... at that speed i dont think you could hit the stack buffer.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Well, what i'm saying is, i don't stall player commands as it is now in fast alts.

There is nothing to "go faster" on. I mean, there may be some 1 second pause between parsing commands, but not sure.

I'm more concerned about the thought that its 'slower'.

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

Hasted time is definitely slower than non-hasted time in the sped up alts. No clue why, but, for instance, when mashing the repeat button, it is noticeably slower hasted. Try it and see!

I too, turn off psionic diversion in the fast scenarios, and don't cast haste on anyone, because it's slower.

As haste (for themselves and others) is what really makes the class (IMO), it' s something that would be great to see addressed.

Thank you for necroing, Migam!

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Yep, found a spot in the hasted code path where i forgot to remove the delays during heartbreak game mode.

Thanks for the necro!

I'll get that up tomorrow morning!

Brad

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

Wow..I think the haste issue is fixed! (Only did a little testing, but seems to be no "haste lag" in sped up scenarios.) I never thought it would be....so glad it is..thanks Brad!