Excitement

A forum for discussing potential mobile/cross platform ports of the Drakkar Client
Crusher

Excitement

Post by Crusher »

I for one am ecstatic about this. I know it's been a long time coming as I'm on the run a lot. Being able to hop in game and play from my iPhone would give me a huge reason to come back. Keep it up Brad!
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Ichor

Re: Excitement

Post by Ichor »

It's Flash though. Are iPhones supporting Flash now? Given the current iPad dominance in the tablet market, I'd sure like to see a frontend that could run on them. If the iDevices are supporting Flash now, my response is moot...

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

They don't directly support flash, but allow people to package in the Air SDK. ( Which runs AS3 ).

( Which is the way I would do it on all mobile devices, no reason to run it through a web browser )

FreedomsPhoenix

Post by FreedomsPhoenix »

So between here and the Facebook Page I haven’t seen anything definitively on whether this mobile version is going to be a standalone version or if I can play my same characters on my phone and home pc with whatever is done on either carrying over. I know personally that is the best case scenario and what I feel would bring the most players into the game.

Is there a definitive answer or is it still up in the air depending on programing?

Either way I’m excited about it. Just not sure if it’s worth changing phones or buying a tablet it all the work I’ve put into my characters now doesn’t carry over and across.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

The mobile version is nothing more than a new client. You still have access to the same accounts and characters you have on PC version. so you can play on PC one day and mobile the next.

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

In my opinion THAT is what is so exciting about this. As Mars stated I can play on the PC today and tomorrow when I am at that wedding that I don't want to be at, I can play on my phone, and it's all the same game! THAT is the coolest part to all of this.

FreedomsPhoenix

Post by FreedomsPhoenix »

I totally agree.... Add the fact there is a mobile audience that wants an endepth MMO it can only increase player base which would increase game income which increase furture expansion I can't see a downside. There is an ongoin debate about the future of gaming and many argue mobile gaming is the future and consoles, pc's handhelds are going to be a thing of the past.

I can't wait and have already started checking out android phones to replace my IPhone.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Or.. as a former player once told me

"Can you make a mobile drakkar? I need something to do during depositions..."

( cough )

Rosey

Post by Rosey »

This is exciting! Will I really be able to play on an iPad!!

Vampster
Title: LuckyReAction

Post by Vampster »

Can you please make a new thread with iPhone app and possible post the ipa so us jail-broken devices can test it out?

Athena
Title: Goddess aka ROADKILL

Post by Athena »

I'd help test it out on my jail broke iPad. :)
I am the Goddess of wisdom, the breath of life...
Protectress of Heroes brave and valorous.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

So i just found out that if i support jail broken devices ( by distributing an IPA ), apple will cancel my
real developer license.

So i'm in a catch 22 here. Need testing, can't get it.

I'm going to need to make some form of legit testing program for it.

tekcap

Post by tekcap »

I also agree that this is a great idea!

I'm excited for the Android version to be complete :)
I will definitely re-subscribe!

Apple is terrible. Nice phones and all, but greedy as hell.

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Nice idea Brad, can't wait to see where you go with this.