Devices Tested

A forum for discussing potential mobile/cross platform ports of the Drakkar Client
Brad
Admin
Admin

Devices Tested

Post by Brad »

Please use this thread to list the devices tested, and results.

Also note connection speed.

Thanks

Wolverine2

Re: Devices Tested

Post by Wolverine2 »

Droid X1 VZW- Install was fast, the logging and loading seem to be relatively slow as far as lobby goes.

2-3 bars of service (usually enough for HD videos on 3G)
Load up into ccob treetown was verrry slow...drew every hex very slowly...Looks great though!!:D
Moving: slowly redraws screen
Lobby:defaulted to channel 2 instead of 0
Very very difficult to press character start...perhaps zoom will be good

dragonmage
Title: Arg!

Post by dragonmage »

Verizon Droid Incredible , 3g connection.

Lobby and game loaded fine for me, even the redrawing was pretty good, a few hexes that took a few more seconds to catch up but nothing that interfered with playing.

Ran from ports to VT RD, after dropping from VT to water all hexes went crazy and didn't fix themselves til i took a couple steps. Then i TP'd to acrona, couldn't get acrona to let me travel to NL. Not sure if it just wasn't working on this version or what. Maybe add a submit button to the in game command line.

So far though its looking awesome Brad, keep up the good work.

Veega

Post by Veega »

HTC Nexus One

Loads relatively slow, seems to load the same speed with 2G or 3G or even Hotspots

I cannot see myself, but I see other npcs.

Click to move and clicking the arrows works alright but is still slow sometimes. Sometimes the graphics get stuck and don't redraw. Would love to see some tracball support like possibly make footsteps and when you do tracball down it sends an enter or something for moving.

I don't see weapons or items in my hand.

All my characters display on the bottom right as forest dwellers even if they aren't.

Need pinch to zoom on the lobby to more easily read text, select characters, and login to the game.

Sounds don't work for me.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Veega wrote:HTC Nexus One

Loads relatively slow, seems to load the same speed with 2G or 3G or even Hotspots

I cannot see myself, but I see other npcs.

Click to move and clicking the arrows works alright but is still slow sometimes. Sometimes the graphics get stuck and don't redraw. Would love to see some tracball support like possibly make footsteps and when you do tracball down it sends an enter or something for moving.

I don't see weapons or items in my hand.

All my characters display on the bottom right as forest dwellers even if they aren't.

Need pinch to zoom on the lobby to more easily read text, select characters, and login to the game.

Sounds don't work for me.
Wow thanks! You have issues i've never seen before!

How much ram is on your phone? wonder if we are running out

Veega

Post by Veega »

I have 270 MB of ram free right now with other apps using 130mb

FreedomsPhoenix

Post by FreedomsPhoenix »

I logged on using my brothers Samsung Infuse.

Believe it was 4g connection. Initial load was very slow but subsequent loads went much faster. First log in game of character was also very slow, which was a few intense moments as I had left my Crit in a layer but stacked walk commands and got out of lair into water where he drowned. Follow up log in with character much much faster. Back in Nork movement was pretty consistently steady with just a little slow feeling but very doable.

The game itsself looks awesome in my opinion there were a few environment misloads but corrected itself and looked good. The rotary menus for items on ground were easy to use once I figured out how.

Also tracking data usage it seems very reasonible granted i was only ingame for brief periods.

Questions: Are you able to fight if so how?
Where is your pouch and belt?
HP/EP? EXP?
Changing between talk/yell/ command mode?

Very very Exciting. As it moves forward it will defiantly be making me look at getting an android device.

Veega

Post by Veega »

With the art all fixed and loaded it makes the game very playable. The cache makes it all lightning fast.

BUG!!! It caches the first characters face you login with and any subsequent logins your face is the same race still on different characters

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Phone:Samsung Galaxy S2 1.2ghz Dual Core
Connection: Wireless N Full Signal

Using the latest .apk after entering credentials the lobby loading for the first time, I received several warnings that the app has stopped responding and would I like to force close. Is the processing for the decompression completed on the gui thread? might be a good idea to implement a background worker or equivalent to do this and not lock the gui thread.

I was able to see the progress bar increasing in the background, although slowly, I chose the 'wait' option at each prompt and the lobby eventually loaded.

Edit - Opening the app after the first open are significantly quicker, I'm talking milliseconds - nice work!
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Yeah sadly there are no real threads in flash.

What i'm considering doing is only doing "X" png->bitmap decompresses per second. This will force the air app to do a gui pass.

Brad

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Kindle Fire w/new app download

GREAT
not overly slow to load first time. very quick 2nd time

Rathe

Post by Rathe »

Brad wrote:Yeah sadly there are no real threads in flash.

What i'm considering doing is only doing "X" png->bitmap decompresses per second. This will force the air app to do a gui pass.

Brad
You can try out this Pseudo Threading code... I've used it with success on some projects:

http://bitsofinfo.wordpress.com/2008/09 ... ionscript/

Good luck on this project... publishing it on Flash gaming sites will sure boost your player base!

-Rathe_RIP

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Thanks, i will most likely post a flash version in the reasonable future also

Veega

Post by Veega »

HTC Nexus One
-
Latest version works amazingly! But alas some tiny bugs.

The attack animation looks cool but sometimes it kills the target before the animation even has time to happen. Just instantly dead... lol.

Also there's the fact that we can't access lockers yet so while we can play to our hearts content right now.. we can't change gear..

And I see you made the panning better on the lobby it wasn't working too well for me but its much better now...

Now for the biggest issue. The dragging of the npc window is horrible (no offense :p) if I click to attack it scrolls the window every click and I have to fix it, and it feels funny being backwards idk why.. maybe I'd still like the backwards effect if scrolling in it worked better. Don't know yet.

Veega

Post by Veega »

To follow up on my previous post, if the npc window simply wasn't able to be dragged when there isnt enough npcs onscreen along with a fix for the very-touchy sensitivity of it, it would be much better

FreedomsPhoenix

Is there a way to run the flash air client on an IPhone?

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

I'm still struggling a bit with how to handle the NPC drag area, i'm going to try some different things.. thanks for the feedback. I may just have to put a scroll bar in ( i dread this )

Lockers are on the short list!

Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

On the iphone issue.

Right now, apple has a closed platform, so i can't put "test builds" of the software up on iphone/ipad in any practical manner.

When we are done, or have a "first release", i'll go through the apple store process.. but as with everything else apple, its their call on whether or not to release it.

Brad

Veega

Post by Veega »

the scrolling still is messed up with all npcs; scrolls when clicking, and it also still scrolls even when there arent enough npcs to take up the window.

negative numbers are being displayed incorrectly... while dead my health is 4294966641/118

after someone else picked up my corpse and dropped me, i still see the corpse in his hand, and i see a corpse on the floor, but i also see me alive above the corpse and just can't move.

for some reason i see the healer carrying a staff in his left hand when he actually isnt? mace is in right but theres nothing actually in his left hand so thats confusing lol.

the animations still dont show half the time, like the attack animation.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

New version posted.

Don't have the health negative numbers fixed yet or the "kill" animation on creatures (i'm assuming you are referring to this), but have the "phantom" items fixed,
and have the scrolling area for NPCs working a lot better.

THANK YOU veega for testing.

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

Kindle Fire:

EXP bar under face is showing correct exp however in the Skills button it is dropping off digits.
For example, exp bar under face shows 17650 exp on skills page it shows 1756

Coins are doing the same thing. I have 432073 coins in sack, but skills button shows 4320

FreedomsPhoenix

Samsung Infuse:

The game is really coming along. A few things I noticed the stairs macro would only take me upstairs not down I would have to type down in command mode to go down stairs.

Combat was pretty smooth I always got the combat animation. The scrolling took a while to figure out it was inverted. Then I noticed there were phantom characters showing up down the scroll list that weren't there or wouldnt refresh.

Also couldnt figure the open closing door macro.

When it comes to looting is there a way to pick up more then one gem at a time?

Looking awesome cant wait for a first run on the IPhone!!!!!

Tooey

Post by Tooey »

Phone:Samsung Galaxy Note
Connection (UK):
- Wireless, Excellent
- HSDPA, Good
- 3G, unplayable
Version: 05132012.41

Interface Issues:
- Circle interface is nice, lots of artifacts am unsure if due to screen resolution or just poor texture quality.
- Players run into text area
- Incorrect positioning of some NPC's (have picture)
- Viewing large groups of people? Maybe a way is to be able to display a large array of characters across screen, then select a set of primary targets.
- Back button, quits app (annoying) should drop to menu.
- Messages aren't able to be received maybe change the gold circle in desktop to gray to imply is on mobile device.

Important Issues:
- Macros need to be saved (I assume they are not currently), what would be a better solution would be online sync so macros set on pc are downloaded automatically.[generally good]

Conclusion: Great beginning steps, has a lot of potential and may be enough to get me back into playing drak on the way to and from office! :D

FreedomsPhoenix

It is really coming along. I really like the arrow where you clicked and the shield over the face. On wifi it plays real smooth.

A few ideas:
- When purchasing multiple items at a store; ie HIS, the only way I could do it was to buy ih it went to hand then I would have to click on hand to put in sack. Is there a way to purchase straight to sack and to purchase a given number like in the CPU version?
- Also searching macro always gave me a “you find nothing interesting” message. Is the look macro even necessary if the ground will be part of the inventory section?

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Thanks. Yes, the searching isnt working yet. Its hard coded to an old method.

Keep up the feedback!