The Kingdom of Drakkar

The Kingdom of Drakkar
It is currently Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:30 pm 

I want to use the experience of you long time paladins to answer a couple of questions.

I am skill 25+3 and enjoying the class very much but I have noticed a huge increase in how fast I age while hunting now. I have started putting quirks into slowed aging but that is a big hole of points and I am only 2/20 so far. I only hunt in Ccob if that makes any difference in your answers and primarily on UD3 or below.

What do you folks normally use while hunting? Maxstrike and UltraBoost? I was using all the forms of Boost as I got them as often as I remembered to recast and didnt notice much change at all until I got Maxstrike and ultraboost. Now I go from Young to Old in a few hours of grunting, I even stopped using Boost at all and still age very fast. I am guessing it is Maxstrike that is doing it but I would appreciate any input. I can suck it up and just accept that a day's worth of hunting = 1 youth pot for me if that is the case.

Now a couple of gear questions. From what I have read, Lori robe Psi cutting does not stack with Vanidor Plate, so I should wear 2x +5 yellows instead while normal hunting and swap in a specific robe for any hunting that requires it (assault robe, elance robe, etc). Is this true? The psi cut is not stackable ? I wear a Nin helm if that factors in at all.

Rings : What has been your experiece with wearing either the 8/8 rings or 0/10? Normal hunting/grunting I would think the 8/8s are better with 0/10 for lairs.?

Thanks for your input

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:40 pm 

Stick with armorstrike for general grunting, and maxstrike on lairs only unless you need to break the gear.

As far as the psi-cut stacking goes, it used to be that only one of each gear type would cut psi.

For example,

Two psi cutting robes = only 1 is effective

two psi cutting rings = only 1 is effective

There is a difference between psi cut and direct prot, Kaldor robe for example is direct prot, where as lori, is a cutter.

Using a cutter and a direct prot robe together can sometimes be the best combo.

I'm not sure if a lori + vani will stack, your best bet is to test this.

for a melee class I'd go with 8/8 rings all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:08 pm 

Thanks for the info Merlin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:42 am 

Well I hunt around the same areas you do, and I have always preferred 8/8 over thr 0/10 rings.. I usually wear a Lori and a Kaldor robe, and I always do multi strike with my improva longsword a few times to break down the hp, then I start max striking everything, I rarely use boosts unless I am doing a lair of some sort, and I am still extremely young, boosts definitely age you more than maxstrike or even multistrike will, other than that I have some ud5 gaunts, and the rest of the standard attire for ud3.. I prefer skilling other places as well though, like the pillars for instance, and I switch up my gear to accomidate for the different attacks, etc...