Game Interference

General User Chat
Mars
Admin
Admin

Game Interference

Post by Mars »

Last week a hunt in Nameless was interferred with. Basically what happened is that a player decided to cast psionic prots on the lair crit so the party hunting failed at their attempt.

This is abusive play any way we look at it. This trend is becoming unbearable. We are going to be taking a very hard look at this type of action from this point on. No more will a simple slap on the wrist be given.

Everyone plays this game to have a good time and should be allowed to play without interference from other players.

I will not name the account/player involved, but their account is being locked for 30 days. You can expect similiar action in the future when evidence of interference is noticed.

We do not like being forced to take steps like this, but the time has come to put a stop to this petty type of play.

V/R

Mars

Arithawn

Replying to Topic 'Game Interference'

Post by Arithawn »

Thank you very much. These hunts are hard to get together for alot of players and with the regen times and the desires for these lairs any interference at all is wrong and needs to be dealt with harshly.
Arithawn

Mihey

Post by Mihey »

But how are you going to deal with invis players protting lairs up? Are you going through logs of every lair hunt?
Mihey__PHNX

Moebius

Post by Moebius »

Hail Warriors,
Some of the Lair tampering (i.e. foul/abusive play) is obvious. Mirror or invising a lair so that others are Bound to fail when no one in the party would want the hunt to fail, will generate emails to Mars and Brad. So when foul play is detected, they will check the logs, and take action.. This is how they will know when an attempt to mess with a hunt needs looking into. I was on 2 of such hunts last week, and am Grateful that Mars has made this post.

Respectfully,

Moebius

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

When we are notified of a "problem" during a hunt, it's not that difficult to determine if any action was taken by anyone visible or not.

If you feel a hunt of yours was interfered with, email me or Help@ as much information about your hunt as you can. Then we will look into it.

art1

Post by art1 »

"Yep, like i always say, give someone enough rope and they will eventually hang themselves." -Brad

Thanks Brad :)

whoever it was enjoy your 30 days time out to settle down rethink your strategy. "Thank ouu come agen!"
http://www.geocities.com/zandofkod
Link got removed from mainpage due to complaints. Check it out!

uebersoldat

Re: Game Interference

Post by uebersoldat »

Not that I am at all advocating this type of 'griefing' in any way, but why doesn't a Ment cast 'Deplete' on the lair crits anyway just to be safe? Shouldn't this spell remove these types of prots on a crit?

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

You'd need some insanely high ment skill to be able too successfully deplete some of the lairs in nameless.

and why should tehy have to? since it isnt a natrual ability of the lair.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

uebersoldat

Post by uebersoldat »

Merlin wrote:You'd need some insanely high ment skill to be able too successfully deplete some of the lairs in nameless.

and why should tehy have to? since it isnt a natrual ability of the lair.
Oh I can imagine, I thought we were talking about smallish Nork stuff...I mean, how many ments are around here that can even sneak into NL lairs to prot the bosses up? That's some skill right there, not to mention level!!

/then again this is an old old thread so there may have been many a malicious ment back in the day..

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

uebersoldat wrote: Oh I can imagine, I thought we were talking about smallish Nork stuff...I mean, how many ments are around here that can even sneak into NL lairs to prot the bosses up? That's some skill right there, not to mention level!!
IIRC, this occurred in Sekora, where nothing can see through invis. There used to be some pretty sad players who would do things like this, and take untied bl's from dp's during lairs, etc.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl