FM's need work please.

Place to discuss F/Ms
Poldarn

FM's need work please.

Post by Poldarn »

76/39/39 FM here.

at sk40 or earlier, we need a doubleswing attack IMO.

Give us old maxstrike, let paladins have their 3 swing evil-hating maxstrike, and give FM's the 2 swing maxstrike. Also, can we have increased buff duration?

Discuss.

Merlin

Re: FM's need work please.

Post by Merlin »

75/39/39/30 F/m here

I agree.

As if the bad skill% isnt bad enough, give us something better than thruststrike.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Migam

Post by Migam »

Brad could also make a seperate weapon abilites not specifically under class abilities for doubleswing at a given skill level in that weapon; a little beyond the sk32 that thief gains double throw to be fair.

1) As barbs and pallies can get multi-swing for any weapon at a much lower weapon skill, I would exclude both classes outright so as not to double up on what is already anywhere from 2 to 5 swings currently.
2) Thief thrown would be excluded as that is a class ability perk, it's gotten at a lower skill than I suggested and would end up being 4 throws (hmmmmm ;) ). Excludes backstab as we have Proximity Slicer and doesn't trigger for Quickshadow (that was painful and selfless to write!).
3) Bow skill might be a good one for double-shot for the large bow thief who can't really enjoy the joy of double-throw unless they are allowed to shoot bow with throwing weap in left.
4) MA skill would be excluded as sweep is "multi-swing" but I would not exclude MA class as some may be skilling up thrown for runners.
5) A hidden attack-stat minimum (a floor cap) only when using that weapon skill would greatly help those that are attack-stat challenged like ments, healers and thieves.

This would give F/Ms, ments, healers, MA non-MA skill and thief non-thrown skill a shot at swinging twice if they dedicate the time to grow their weapon skill.

Some non-melee types might argue that's sk32+ is too high for them to work for double-swing. Well, you're not melee class, be grateful it would be an option and skill up if you want it.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

I'm very happy with my FM. I feel like they're the most versatile class in KoD.

A double swing attack would be nice, but it's not needed.
SIN

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

You might want to indicate what the problem is.

What needs work? If to-hit is the problem (as it has most commonly been for F/M's) then adding a second swing isn't necessarily fixing the issue.

If damage is the issue, how does average melee damage over 8 rounds compare to Ankor's/Apocalyptic Delirium; which side actually needs to be buffed, given that F/M's are a hybrid class? Hint: The psi side is less potential damage.

I've wanted double swing on Thrustrike/charge (it's worth noting a double strike Thruststrike is actually better than normal Maxstrike for damage, because of Maxstrike's attack cap) for a while now, but I doubt it's the panacea you might think it is. Especially so pre-SDC gear (reminiscent of pre-RG/NL complaints).
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Poldarn

Post by Poldarn »

I think hit seems to be fine, i would like to see a little more damage from melee is all.

Chance

Post by Chance »

I Personaly do think F/M need more.

68/31/31 F/M