The Kingdom of Drakkar

The Kingdom of Drakkar
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:12 pm 

Quote:
Just an update on SDC!

I'm still trying to get a few more quests into the intro area to give the first part a little more depth. I had a couple delays due to some
crash fixes that came up, and I wanted to add a bonus quirk in for the "first week explorers" who have to put up with all the crap that
will undoubtedly happen!

Lets put the new target date first week of June for UGH subscribers! I'll continue to be in the game at night as I work on it!

Brad

I thought selling in-game items/things was against TOS? I guess not... because that pretty much sounds like $7.50 / crit for a quirk. But I guess that's how quirks have always been so I shouldn't be surprised...

Kudos on finding another way to try to force people to pay the insane price for UGH

WTS: AA or any other lairs to fund my crits going to SDC...

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:20 pm 

But seriously, have had 6+ accounts silver and LGH/UGH on some of them some of the time for I don't know how long now basically waiting on SDC... but I guess that isn't enough $$$ committed to this game to be able to goto said new area when it's finally released unless I put UGH back on all of them again...

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:46 am 

Are there any plans of making a new billing plan? Say gold and ugh on ALL FOUR slots for a flat discounted rate? I have 3 75/38 crits on one account that I would like to take to SDC, but I will NOT pay for 3 slots of UGH. $32 a month so my one account can enjoy the new content that is hopefully bigger than BDC? Not a chance.

I can always pay $10 a month for other MMOs that are updated a lot faster than once every 3 years.

Cobra

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:29 am 

I agree. What an obvious money-grabbing technique. Brad, i and many others don't approve. Load of garbage.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:44 am 
Admin
Admin

I'm sorry guys, that wasnt clear.

I've modified the text.

It will be as it has been for every NL expansion, open to UGH for the first bit as an UGH benefit, and then opened to others.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:06 pm 

Quote:
open to UGH for the first bit as an UGH benefit, and then opened to others

That's understandable, but just how long is this 'first bit' going to be? That's a little too open-ended for me. And is it going to be the same for each incremental part of SDC that is released?

If it's much more than a few days, maybe a week tops, you can consider the 8 accounts I currently pay for (7 silver, 1 gold, 1 ugh, 4 lgh) canceled... and I'm sure I won't be the only one doing so.

I was on hiatus when GDH was originally released and UGH only... otherwise I would have brought this up then as well. But paying extra money to get an actual in-game advantage(that can't be overcome by any amount of effort) over those that pay less money is a very bad practice and slippery slope IMO. It's bad enough quirks and hp/eps are already that way. Paying more money should be about conveniences and frill... e.g. portals, more advanced trainers, cheaper cons, faster skill, etc. are all perfectly fine and reasonable... you can accomplish all of those things with a base subscription, it just takes more effort.

UGH benefit for new areas IMO should just possibly let you bypass whatever quest may be involved in getting there otherwise (like Aleria portal). It would be a convenience and a head-start to those that do subscribe to UGH, but wouldn't further alienate those that choose not to or can't.

I guess this just seems like a 'slight of hand' way of increasing the base subscription cost w/out actually doing so and that doesn't sit well with me.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:48 pm 

Title: The Raging Storm
Brad, can you clarify, is the "extra quirk" intended to be available only to those playing through SDC in the initial UGH testing period? Just curious.

Edit: Answer- brad: yes, im going to have a special "badge" like quirk for those who suffer through the first week or so

Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Last edited by Darge on Tue May 26, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:49 pm 

Title: The Raging Darge
Honestly... I really don't mind it being open to ugh only at first... however it does seem a bit backwards that we are paying you more to be alpha or beta testers for your newly coded content.. but asides from that.. my point is that normally I am paying for ugh anyways... at this very moment i only have 2 on ugh (others are hp/ep maxxed and quirk maxxed)... and this is "bad economy" time and I am sure alot of players are on the lower subscription plans to help save some money... But as you know most of us hardcore players run many accounts.. Niko himself has 8 accounts... I have 5... It is a bit disheartening to know that I would have to pay $30 more just to take all my crits in to sdc in the first testing phase.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:35 pm 

Brad wrote:

I've modified the text.

It will be as it has been for every NL expansion, open to UGH for the first bit as an UGH benefit, and then opened to others.

Any word on how long the 'first bit' is going to be? I know gdh was ugh for a long time. Just wondering when more than one of my crits can go there.

Cobra

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:13 pm 

If the issue presented to Brad is make sure the UGH-only access period is short or else, will that cause Brad to delay SDH further to make certain all is well and to avoid a longer period? You'll get what you want... much later.

---Pathfinder

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:11 am 

well, what we "want" is ugh-free SDC... I know of a fair few people who are cancelling til sdc becomes silver-accessible, i'm joining them on principle. I personally only have 2 accounts that'd require it, but i know others who have a LOT more... and its ridiculous for them.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:49 am 

Poldarn wrote:
well, what we "want" is ugh-free SDC... I know of a fair few people who are cancelling til sdc becomes silver-accessible, i'm joining them on principle. I personally only have 2 accounts that'd require it, but i know others who have a LOT more... and its ridiculous for them.

I can go with that too.

---Pathfinder

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:00 am 

It said a week only for those with UGH seems fair to me. As far as accounts I have many and why should that make any differance at all. UHG has many offerings besides this, one is advance training skill ect. You go on Brad I will wait until its tested and all fixed up. :P

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:11 pm 

I'm fine with it being UGH exclusive for a bit. =)

Bring on the quirk!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:40 pm 

Title: God's Creator
Bawm chika bowwow. Chika, chika bowwow.

Without SIN, there is no God.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:48 pm 

niko wrote:
Quote:
open to UGH for the first bit as an UGH benefit, and then opened to others

If it's much more than a few days, maybe a week tops, you can consider the 8 accounts I currently pay for (7 silver, 1 gold, 1 ugh, 4 lgh) canceled... and I'm sure I won't be the only one doing so.

[quote]

I have been here a long time and have many accounts so what the problem? UGH is at it should be and this is right I have as part of ugh service. Was here when ien had what an awful place. Brad does give UGH special treatment because we pay for the privalge and the service. making threats is just like I dunno childish get over it! Brad I am CHOMPING AT THE BIT.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:12 am 

The only reason most of my accounts are active at all was to help support the game and give it consistent income... crits have been maxed for months and basically zero benefit for most of them to have any form of guildhall whatsoever. I just don't see what is basically a 150% subscription price increase for an unspecified amount of time as a smart or fair way to treat your loyal, paying customers.

So since can't even get any kind of word on how long the "first bit" is going to be and their support obviously isn't needed/wanted, have now canceled 8 accounts, 4 of which had lower guild hall. Will most likely be canceling my other account that does have upper guild hall in a week or so after seeing all there is in SDC and being bored to tears playing 1 crit.

But thanks, was just the nudge I needed to finally get around to playing another game and saving myself a fair bit of money every month in the process.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:59 pm 

niko wrote:
The only reason most of my accounts are active at all was to help support the game and give it consistent income... crits have been maxed for months and basically zero benefit for most of them to have any form of guildhall whatsoever. I just don't see what is basically a 150% subscription price increase for an unspecified amount of time as a smart or fair way to treat your loyal, paying customers.

So since can't even get any kind of word on how long the "first bit" is going to be and their support obviously isn't needed/wanted, have now canceled 8 accounts, 4 of which had lower guild hall. Will most likely be canceling my other account that does have upper guild hall in a week or so after seeing all there is in SDC and being bored to tears playing 1 crit.

But thanks, was just the nudge I needed to finally get around to playing another game and saving myself a fair bit of money every month in the process.

I concurr with you wholeheartedly my caucasian brother.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:33 am 

Poldarn wrote:
niko wrote:

Sorry to hear that just because you have 8 accounts should be treated special? Does this mean since i have had ugh since its creation i am less or more? since i have been here 15 years means i am special? there is just no logic here at all..

I concurr with you wholeheartedly my caucasian brother.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:39 am 

The point is that it's a ridiculous price increase for an unspecified amount of time. It doesn't matter how many accounts you have, it's still ridiculous. The point of the #'s was to let Brad know how many accounts are being canceled directly due to this decision.

I guess if short-term gains (assuming there are at least 8ish+ new UGH subscribers) and not long-term stability is the goal then congratulations on a job well done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:54 am 

If brad comes forward and says "UGH is only going to be required for the first month of testing then it will go free like GDH did"

it might ease the situation if people know when/if/ever they are gonig to be going to SDC.

the customers are asking for a timescale, can we have a realistic one that is going to be adheared to?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:41 am 

Brad wrote:

I've modified the text.

It'll only be a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:10 am 

NL was only supposed to be in beta for a 'bit'

and now I'm starting to think its the actual name. "Come join up and play drakkar in the BETA Nameless Lands"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 am 
Admin
Admin

Just for you merlin! NL is officially out of beta ( all references removed )

( smile ) Luv you guys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:12 pm 

Brad said about 10 days i am thinking? Brad can make sure you answer the post please. I have ugh so it dont matter i can't go there anyways yet.