LIMINV & STEALING

General User Chat
Acaciam

LIMINV & STEALING

Post by Acaciam »

This needs to be addressed immediately.
What is the purpose of this disc? Its primary use is to steal from players under a veil of anonymity.
In that case, the player with the disc needs to be able to be seen by crits so they can't steal without
being harmed.

If the purpose, which was probably the original intent, is to be able to run around and not be seen by
hostile monsters, then the PERSON NEEDS TO BE VISIBLE TO OTHER PLAYERS.

EVERY SINGLE TIME i am hunting an area, I see gems and coin being lifted off the ground. I hunt for hours
to pay the millions and millions of coins needed to pay training and buy HP while it is all being stolen right
in front of me.

If you intent to leave this disc as is, I expect to be able to search the bastard when I catch them, break their gear,
and CC them in a lair that eats, over and over again until they are reduced to level 1.

Here's a link to a post from a year ago:
http://www.kingdomofdrakkar.com/forums/ ... =10&t=6834
in which Navarre posted after we were consistently being robbed hunting together.

This is honestly getting out of control. Anytime someone announced publicly in lobby "Room in pillars" people start asking for liminv.
I've been wondering why I haven't found gear upgrades needed to advance further down UC dungeons, because people are
following me around taking it freely.

The way it is set up for cowards to progress faster than I can by stealing from me needs to be addressed. I could care less that
no action is ever taken on these individuals, even when they are stealing from the hex I am standing on, but at least allow them to be seen
so I can take my own actions and others can join in blacklisting that person. It might discourage it slightly.

edit1 I am literally being forced to stop exp/skilling right now so I can try to salvage some of the loot I've managed to produce
in a RACE with an invisible person trying to steal it.

edit2 I'm also forced to leave the area that produces the best gains for me, to prevent this from happening.
I'll update this post as a petition for something to be done.

Acaciam

Re: LIMINV & STEALING

Post by Acaciam »

09:00AM 02/16/09 FRIDAY
Coins and gems being taken by an invisible player in UC2.

This has been happening daily in UC and Pillars for the past week.

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

07:30PM 2/10/2009
Loot Disappearing to Invis player in pillars.

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

12:15PM 02/11/2009
500k stolen from under someone's feet. They also popped hex.
Location unknown, reported to me by someone else.

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

4:43AM 3/1/09
I'm killing n-7 RD. While engaged with the dragon, all hexes are popped and coin taken from under my feet.
This was a mid level ment, I was blocked by a staff when sweeping on hexes I saw poofing.
They then left the lair and returned to finish popping what was left while I was still there.
Last edited by Acaciam on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Just to free up Acaciam a little bit.

It was me looting N-7 RD. Loot generated by the RD is available to anybody who gets there first.

I will work this out with Acacium in private. I attempted to reach him in DZ prior to him posting about this incident. However I did not receive a response. I have sent him a message through forums.

I do agree with his initial post regarding players who loot other players loot piles.

I don't do that.

I will however loot N-7 Rd, HG, Multi and any other place where NPCS generate coin and loot.

Migam

Post by Migam »

Arkon wrote: I will however loot N-7 Rd, HG, Multi and any other place where NPCS generate coin and loot.
That indeed is our right and for ex: just because someone starts raiding an alt of ML while I am, doesn't mean I expect them to stop and leave. These are filter lairs; not the result of player kills. As far as what you kill, it's been long suggested to the players at large to loot as you go to some degree. I don't mean every 5 mins but for ex: don't go on your barb and kill all of ud4 for 4 hours and think no one can walk in and kill or loot. If I walk into ud5 and I see no player, no crit corpses and 5 mins later, still nothing, I'm looting. I'll kill one now and then so people can see someone is there even when not seen. If a party arrrives much later , I'll decide whether I leave or not. I like to defer to parties when I can but that's my choice.

As far as making players visible to others when liminv'ed, heck, I can't even twig into or pass through any highloot area visible without someone overreacting even when the moron is killing right at the only entrance to another area. I use liminv to pass through quietly due to all the babies crying. Liminv'ed <> auto-scumbag. The jerks that are looting on hex or adjacent can be stopped via Mars. Report the approx time and the day. I suggest he consider bypassing warning and go straight to 24 hr ban/lock to stop these idiots... and they are legion.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

Lair loots are fair game; however, if I'm killing a lair to get the loot, but its being taken by someone in the process, that's not right.
Which is what I assumed happened here, after chatting to Ark, we've resolved the issue.

What happened here was Ark was in the lair doing his thing, when I showed up, it appeared that all hexes were full since the dragon was actively killing.
I engaged the dragon and killed it, when it died I noticed the empty hexes.

We both should have communicated better and it wouldn't have been an issue.

I did make it an issue though, because I've had players follow me around and grabs things before I can.

I apologize to Ark for his troubles.

Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Acaciam wrote:Lair loots are fair game; however, if I'm killing a lair to get the loot, but its being taken by someone in the process, that's not right.
Which is what I assumed happened here, after chatting to Ark, we've resolved the issue.

What happened here was Ark was in the lair doing his thing, when I showed up, it appeared that all hexes were full since the dragon was actively killing.
I engaged the dragon and killed it, when it died I noticed the empty hexes.

We both should have communicated better and it wouldn't have been an issue.

I did make it an issue though, because I've had players follow me around and grabs things before I can.

I apologize to Ark for his troubles.
There was no need for an apology, I wasn't offended.. a little concerned that his MA was trying to beat up on me.. other than that no hard feelings <grin>

That being said, Acaciam has posted a valid issue. I myself having liminv don't care whether somebody else sees it. I would prefer being seen by players.

The fact that loot has been stolen from him in the past pushed a button and he reacted. I don't blame him for that at all. Hence I got the heck out and returned to get the last hex.

Nothing in the game mechanics about loot on the ground should change.. but for those jerks who steal from player loot piles there is no reason to help them hide with liminv.