ROCKMAN

Nork Forum
Doro

ROCKMAN

Post by Doro »

You have all been looking in the wrong place on these forums!

Talking about classes and races and weapons and stuff . . .

What about the feelings of the poor old critters that have been killed over and over again?

The poor Orc that hits like a wet noodle, the misunderstood Goblin, the overlooked Troll? Well now it's time for the ROCKMAN to have his say!

I have applied for a new user account on these forums; ROCKMAN.

He wil tell it like it is and pull no punches. He may even get his own section in timeif he gets enough feedback.

So what does ROCKMAN think? What does he know of Nork and other scenarios? Time will tell.

Look out for ROCKMAN postings coming your way.

All postings are to be kept in context please.

ho

ROCKMAN

Re: ROCKMAN

Post by ROCKMAN »

Yes, that's me, old Rocky - "Knobbly Knees" to my friends.

I hear you want to know a bit about me and my friends who live under Nork town.
Live did I say? More like die all the time when you lot are about!

Can you imagine what it's like setting up a home for the wife and kids only to have a total stranger come barging in waving a great big lump of something sharp in their hands?
And you wonder why we get upset from time to time!

Luckily for us we have a secret weapon - eternal life. Yes you might think you have killed us and bashed us into little pieces, but the joke's on you, no matter how many times we get beaten up, we just come bouncing back ha ha.

So next time you interrupt me and my mates going about our daily business, just remember; it ain't over by a long chalk!

So what is this long chalk anyway? I use the phrase all the time, but what is the origin of the phrase?

This is Knobbly signing off for now.

CU around

ROCKMAN

Post by ROCKMAN »

Last question too tough or not interesting enough?

You know that grinding noise you hear when us Rockmen are about, that's not our doing you know . . . that's our aching joints, we all suffer from terrible arthritis.

Umm, OK something closer to home and the game then . . . I often see a human called Genetta wandering around, she's looking for someone or something, I was wondering if anyone knows what famous house she is from?

Just a little quick quizzy thing for you there.

Knobbly

ROCKMAN

Post by ROCKMAN »

So I was chatting to one of the stunner clan the other day, they are still upset that no one has complemented them on their good looks before killing them.
She really didn't know what more she could do to become more aluring, what with the skimpy dress and all her best makeup.

They are all thinking about applying to Brad for a boost to their hit points over and above all surrounding creatures.
Yes they understand what their job is - to stun, but they not only have killer looks, but want to be real killers too!

Anyway they all bundled off to N-4 and below or to the prisons where they feel more at home.
They obviously feel their looks would do unnecessary things to an innocent newbie fresh from the outside world.

Oh yes and the quiz question today is . . .

If I dropped 7 nitros, 3 zaps, and 5 IH onto an empty hex on the ground and then filled my hands with a weapon and a shield and tried to take any one of the potions, how many times would I have to click the "my hands are full" message before no more messsages popped up?

And a bonus question: In what order would they be displayed in the ground panel?

All for now - K

ROCKMAN

Post by ROCKMAN »

The Vampires threw a bit of a bash the other day, they invited their close friends - the Skeletons, Wraiths and Harpies. We had a fine old time, the drinks were flowing - although they did look a little too red for my liking.

The boys got carried away and drank too much of course, trying to impress the girls, so don't be surprised when you see a Wraith or Skeleton with bleary red eyes - they are really suposed to be bright white (so Brad tells me).
I think by the looks of them that they must be knocking back quite a few every night!

Are you concerned for them? If so throw a few hangover pills their way please.

No question today.

KK

ROCKMAN

Post by ROCKMAN »

I overheard a conversation the other day between two players - yes I would call them something else of course, but you would know them as players.
They were bemoaning the lack of things to kill once they has destroyed the first flush of my fellow crits in a particular area.
These two players were casters in that they could stand still and horribly murder my kin from a distance. Once they had nothing left to kill, they were forced to wait for something they called regen. They had obviously set up shop in this area and were not prepared budge for some hours.
What was their problem? Why was nothing regenerating as fast as they wished?

Insider information coming up (shhh don't tell Brad) their problem was that they had not moved! I don't know what sort of setup the powers that be have created, but once players stand still and kill, nothing is triggered to come back to life. So here's is a wizzy tip from yours truly . . . DON'T STAND STILL! Move about and notice us popping back up much faster than if you had stood still and waited. It doesn't seem to matter if you run around in little 3x3 circles getting yourselves dizzy, as long as you move about.

And you wondered what the stunner's secret was and how they could stun you so easily . . . they run around you and make you dizzy! It happens so quickly that you don't see them do it of course.

Knobbly - friend to the underworld

ROCKMAN

Post by ROCKMAN »

It's not easy being a ROCKMAN you know!
It is very dank and dirty down in the bowels of the earth. So I took a trip down to have a wash and scrub up in a secluded pool where not many players venture for a bit of peace and quiet.
On the way I met the wild eyed NPC; Lecter. He even scares me sometimes! I don't know if you have noticed it yet, but that apparatus in his room comes to life occasionally, but that's another story best saved for less dangerous times.

Clement says "hi" by the way and wishes it to be known by all that he has an unlimited number of keys for trading just in case you feel the need to find a location for items that don't rot. I am still unclear about that, perhaps someone can explain it to me?

So there I was scrubbing away, minding my own business when Fordynier shouted over to me "Hey Rocky dude, over here!". As I was just about finished anyway, I ground my way over to him and asked what was up. "Have you ever seen one of these?" he says and held up a silver sword to show me. "Oh yes" I says, "that's one of them there Griffy swords that those goody-two-shoes lash about with".
"But I have tried to use it and keep dropping it" moaned Fordynier. "It must be aligned to a player of note then" says I, "someone must have dropped it here deliberately".
"Huh?" says Mr Uneducated.
"You trade Neutral equipment right? and this is Good equipment! So whoever put it here MEANT it to be here".

If anyone should find a sword at this spot, please pass it to my mate Doro, I hear he is giving out rewards for it's return.

I do ramble on sometimes, anyway I'm all squeaky clean again for a while, back to Nork dungeons for me.

Catch up with you all soon,

K

ROCKMAN

Post by ROCKMAN »

Well, here we are again!
I have been away you know, well maybe you didn't know.
To make ends meet I have taken a supervisory position in a far away land.

Here is a clue to where I went; "Shh, ye hear it? No? Neither do I, but it's out there, no doubt."

Yes, it was that kooky old man on the island in Aleria, his book, when you can get it, makes for interesting reading.

So what is my job in Aleria? It's making sure that all is as it should be and report back.
Check 1; make sure that the Phantom is suitably see through.
Check 2; make sure that some pearls are present in the wells.
Check 3; make sure the prisoner is secure.
Check 4; make sure Barny doesn't wander too far from his lair.

and so the list goes on!

I think they only chose me for the job because my feet don't wear out with all the walking involved.

Anyway, I have returned to the wife and kids now for a while . . .

While I'm here, you may as well have a quiz question; I tried to walk through a door that isn't a door and got the message "Ooof.", where was I?

Yours VR KK