Lobby buttons

Website Development
Doro

Lobby buttons

Post by Doro »

In an effort to boost the first-timers experience, I propose you improve the News button as soon as possible so that it really does give the latest news!

A weekly/daily message posted by brad/sysop would go a long way to encourage people to stay.
e.g. welcome to our newest accounts; <aaa>, <bbb> and <ccc>.
Please be nice to them and reply when they ask questions.

etc.

Quaternion

Re: Lobby buttons

Post by Quaternion »

I like the idea of having new accounts on website, will help us welcome them into the game. Sometimes I think drakkar can be a bit complicated for new players so they give up before they should. Perhaps this will prevent that from happening.

Quaternion.
Banach______ASH

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

I have actually suggested changing the NEWS button on the lobby into a HELP button, which ideally would launch the user into a nice support website with tutorials, FAQs, etc.

Of course, we need to build the support site and the related content first, but Flisk has been making great strides on that front!
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Doro

Post by Doro »

I have no objection to the NEWS button, in fact I think it should stay, if only it gave us some news!

It is one of the few pages that I imagine could be updated regularly.

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

news?! darge added some macro buttons! yey! will all do respect, brad you should have this done probably 5-6 years ago, but i like the idea of pawning your work off onto someone else

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

Volcom, are these kind of posts necessary? really? We all know youve gone on to another game. Just leave this game and its developers alone... Drakkar does not see the type of income that warrants a team of full time developers.. So these are the kind of updates we see, if a player offers to make some professional graphics so that Brad doesnt have to spend $100,000 that he doesnt have on graphics. then so be it. Everybody is tired of your negativity.... stay out of the forums or for gods sake... Mars ban him from posting.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Volcom wrote:news?! darge added some macro buttons! yey! will all do respect, brad you should have this done probably 5-6 years ago, but i like the idea of pawning your work off onto someone else
With all due respect (notice how it is said properly), I offered to do them, because, and this is key, I enjoy graphics work- Drakkar related or otherwise.

But keep it up, the whole "12 year old brain in a 20-something year old's body" thing is really taking you places.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

Last edited by Volcom on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Because that's mature right?

When there comes a point where you feel like you have to post on a internet message board of a game you no longer play to get a rise out of one single person to feel good about yourself is pretty pathetic.

Why do insist on flirting with Darge?

Darge

Post by Darge »

I hope your self esteem is ready for this; you've never gotten me any more worked up than 'slightly annoyed', and that was in DZ.

John and I actually joke sometimes about how sad it is that you keep this up. Thanks for the laughs, clown.
SIN

Doro

Post by Doro »

Well I am already getting a little upset how a non-Drak player can derail threads so easily and take things off topic.

I am trying to be constructive - I will even design the News web page if you like, but Vol, please don't be negative any more or I am sure the systems folks will start deleting your posts.

Thanks for your time.

RayonMazter

Post by RayonMazter »

Ignoring children (or at least people with a childish mindset) works sometimes. Give it a try and ignore the trolls posts, since they are not worth anyones time? You guys just keep on feeding attention, which brings us down to the same maturity level.

--On-Topic

There really should be a single organized archive for 'news' and 'updates', as half the updates and news topics are posted all over the place, or in journals. Can we not have one single source for seeing what is going on between ALL the sysops, and the media team (darge, lol)?

I'm always telling people about updates as old as 4 years, and even 1 week old updates or news postings to people because there is no single or organized source of this kind of information for them to be aware of this without wasting as much time as I do reading old/new topics. Forums suck for that kind of thing.

Any chance to throw an updates page that can be updated by all of you instead of having to read and organize 3+ journals in our head to find out what is going on?

And please update progress more! No offense to be taken, but maybe a point to understand, that 1-3 months without news is discouraging and frankly, pretty ignorant after getting peoples hopes up just before.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

I'd like to see the "NEWS" button take you to some page that contained a forum entry in it.. or something updatable, instead of the fixed web page.

RayonMazter

Post by RayonMazter »

Git'r'dun!

Darge

Post by Darge »

What about amalgamating all of the journal entries on upcoming changes (Brad, Omni, Flisk) along with changes that have gone live in one single section of the new website. Organize it by date, keep it updated, and sprinkle in a well maintained branch regarding seasonal events and planned Sysop events.

Not really what Doro was proposing, but that something I'd kind of expect out of the News button.

*echo of Ray*
SIN