Guild hall area in NL

Borderland Chat
Atom
Title: Member Stylish Club

Guild hall area in NL

Post by Atom »

A special area in NL where there are special portals and items available to Guild hall members only, can make it a upper gh perk or something.

suggestions
hitos/norkos/epos
skill trainers
portals
twig and scroll sellers similar to GH
additional 1 yp a month in adition to the one in upper gh
bank
travelers aid npc, maybe others with neat discs that dont all stack together
seller for multiple oz ihs, sometimes having 30 doesnt get you very far since they only heal 1k or a ih that heals for more
additional lockers for NL

just a suggestion i dont make any final decision so dont go freaking out that I want something extra for people who pay for upper guild hall. It would be nice to completely illiminate having to change alts lol

Omni
Admin
Admin

Re: Guild hall area in NL

Post by Omni »

It's called the Hero's Hall.

(and yes... it is very cool)

Omni

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Speaking of, any ETA on HH?
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

I expect to have my side of the work complete by the summer, assuming Brad gives me what I have requested.

Tnem
Title: Lord

Post by Tnem »

SUMMER!!!
My acct already on lowest it can be, but if its going to be that long for development i think ill deactivate it.

Thanks for the estimate tho, better than brads policy of silence.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

Yeah, because God Forbid supporting the game in its downtime....

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Well, I said summer because we are currently working to wrap up a major expansion of 'brewing'. That must be completed first. We hope to have that done by the end of the month, if all goes well (so far it is).

This expansion is a tremendous amount of work but it's well worth it. It's going to let us do a lot of awesome new stuff in the game. I also think it will keep all of you pretty busy for a while ;-)

Migam

Post by Migam »

Maybe you can allow us to backstab with a brewed pot for brewing skill :P
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Darge

Post by Darge »

I wanna be able to wear a bottle robe again!
SIN

Tnem
Title: Lord

Post by Tnem »

Tirith wrote:Yeah, because God Forbid supporting the game in its downtime....
Some of us dont have an undending supply of cash, student budget plus uk credit crunch = eek

And to be honest no, i dont see why i should support the game in its downtime, i pay for a service, i want the service ...

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

There is no downtime for the game as far as I am concerned. I work on game related improvements every day and the rest of the sysop staff actively assist players on a daily basis.

My current project is just very time consuming and there are potentially serious game balance issues which I could inadvertently create if I am not careful. I have to touch a lot of different pieces of the game to complete this, so there is a lot of checking, double checking.

If I do a 'Migam' in the wrong file, bad things might happen <G>

Omni

Migam

Post by Migam »

Omni wrote:
If I do a 'Migam' in the wrong file, bad things might happen <G>

Omni
uh... a Migam?

... ;|
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
---Pathfinder

Atom

Post by Atom »

So is heros hall gonna be available to ONLY GH???? thats what I was suggesting. I HATE the idea of having a CC in NL. It will just make things way too easy. I mean it just really devalues GH unless you really want to get more quirks then i guess gh is a plus. But ok 7.50 for quirks and a little more skill gain? Im saying guild hall is kinda outdated, and putting something for guild hall members in nl would improve upon the benefits of GH.

Darge

Post by Darge »

I don't see how convenience (that's what CH/CC/HH boil down to) translates to 'easier.'

I also don't see how if a convenient area does make a scenario substantially easier, dev's should then make players pay $7.50 a month for access to it.
SIN

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

It will follow the same basic concept of the other club houses. Everyone completing the necessary quests will gain access, gold and GH subscribers will get additional perks not available to silver plan subscribers.

The basic features will be nice, it should be a reward for those who have completed all the tasks required.

The 'premium' features will be well worth having UGH. Especially the ... well you'll have to find out ;-)

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

when?

Necron99

Post by Necron99 »

I used to pay for 4 accounts...gold plan, UGH the works.

Now I pay for none...and it can all be summed up with the question...

WHEN?

Atom

Post by Atom »

WHEN?

Darge

Post by Darge »

Let's all hound Omni because he's occupied in some fashion while having multiple projects on his plate, despite no knowledge of what each entails, nor the size of the projects.

Hmm, how about when he does put new stuff in, let's offer minimal thanks and complain that things weren't tuned properly from Day 1 too!
SIN

Atom

Post by Atom »

ok sounds good, lets all hound omni at darge's request

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

ruff ruff aroooooooooooooooo omni

Necron99

Post by Necron99 »

I am not hounding Omni personally. The comment was really meant to address the lack of new content, non-existent schedules for delivering content and features, and now that you mention it, the complete lack of adequate testing and "tuning" as you put it. In my mind, it is not Omni's responsibility to deliver these things, but rather, the entire DZ management team.

In the past, when I was heavily involved in commercial software, we used to call delivery of minimally tested software "banana software". That is, deliver the product green and let it ripen in the customer's hands. This is exactly what DZ does to its customer base. And please, don't try to tell me that I don't understand the complexities of the effort...92% of the computer users on the planet use software I was responsible for each and every day.

Anyway, KoD was a decent distraction for many years; but after a time, you just get tired of paying a group that treats its customers like they are doing them a favor by taking their money. And that's right, I said customer, and will say it again...customer.

I have often told the members of ASH that it is Brad's world, we just play in it. If you don't like it, then leave; after all, it is a game and is supposed to be fun. I am now taking my own advice.

Good Hunting All!

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

let it be known, you wont be alone in moving on :)

bye all

Migam

Post by Migam »

Non-targeted post aimed at community at large. Don't assume I'm addressing anyone in particular.

Essentially, this is not what Brad lives on.. he has a job elsewhere to pay the non-Drak bills. He pays for it to be maintained elsewhere plus the connection required. There isn't a large enough fanbase for more as we get a trickle of new players and many veterans walking away, some for RL problems, some for finances, some from inpatience. Some have grown too fast as if in a race playing for most of the day, in their sleep (see Leeching) or taking turns 4 and 5 boxing until that account is open 24/7 for business. They expect the focus should only be their own advancement instead of making it fun for the new and intermediate player (not going to grow much of a fan base if you cater only to advanced players). If you do every lair, solve every challenge, etc so quickly, how does he keep up? Kesmai had that problems with some person making his forums sig WE WANT NEW LANDS! They made it, they finished it, then back to asking for more. Where are they now? Playing WoW and whining.

His programming staff is Flisk and Omni who I'm sure also have day jobs and aren't compensated for Drak (yet look at their effort!). If Drak was a windfall, his only job and he had paid staff, I'd agree with the complaints. There are changes that Brad made besides BDH and Dozens, anyone even notice? I did. It addressed a complaint of the past... figure it out.

My memory is a bit well-worn but I seem to recall Brad saved Drak from a permanent demise... sadly I can't say the same about Kesmai. If he elected to not purchase Drak and attempt to improve it, where would we be now? Those who played well back before DZ would have lost everything and be playing another game. I would have been sad as Drak was my replacement for Kesmai (I like isometric topdown 2D, so sue me).

I complain about the cost but realize there's not much room for discounts given the expenses. Yet for all that, I paid another account <shrugs>. Rather than make one huge crit, I grow several to rediscover Drak as he creates more. Some can, some can't.
---Pathfinder

Poldarn

Post by Poldarn »

As usual Migam, i like and agree with your post.

Yep - agree. But, that's only because i've had the revelation that i needed, to step out of the usual "brad sucks, he never updates" cycle that i used to be in.

That revelation, is that drakkar is not a hardcore game, and it never will be.

I'll continue to come back to drak annually, which is basically what i've been doing for the last few years, then i'll proceed to finish the content, burn out and quit for another mmo, but i'll be back. Im just glad everyone's not the same, or else there'd be nothing for me to come back to, because when everyone quit for another game, there'd be no money to keep this flowing.

keep up the good work subscribers. seeya soon :)