Omni's Development Discussion

Need to talk to a sysop? Here is a good place to start.
Omni
Admin
Admin

Omni's Development Discussion

Post by Omni »

This post is for players to provide feedback on anything in my list of development work.

I'm trying to provide a reasonable amount of information on what I'm working on, so as to wet your appetites and imaginations as well.

I absolutely will consider any well thought out & well written player suggestions for new content - as my dev list already indicates.

Constructive feedback is always welcomed and appreciated.

-Omni

Teh_Cheat

Re: Omni's Development Discussion

Post by Teh_Cheat »

I was curious what the sysop project was. =)

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

New tools and new features for the sysop guild hall.

The sysops will be beta-testing some Hero's Hall features for me <G>

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

If we're discussing possible, as well as planned development, I'll bring up something I mentioned in DZ not too far back.

Customized Guild Halls. Whether through adding flavor text like in the original guild hall days, adding some new NPC's from a selection, or maybe adding other unique features usable by the entire guild and chosen from a selection (the option of having a new portal, an extra locker, increased exp from chit turn ins, increased daily zap limit, etc.)

Presumably things would work on a month by month basis, where every month you can choose from a selection of things, and the farther along in months you are, the better the selection.

It would certainly require a modest amount of upkeep and maintenance, but theoretically the changes would be driven by having X number of players maintaining UGH or LGH for Y number of months.

Of course, whether or not these bonuses would leave if the number of players with guild hall drops below X amount, but I think the players who then wouldn't have access to those improvements would be enough.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

I'm not sure if brad tracks the number of consecutive months for a GH subscription anywhere (yet), but certainly it might be possible to add a series of new NPC's to the guild halls which can only be used once and so long as you meet the minimum criteria.

For Example:
1 zap per month up to 3 months.
2 zaps per month up to 6 months.
3 zaps per month up to 9 months.
etc.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

I've mentioned this before and I'll say it again here, I am definately all for adding value to Gold / UGH subscriptions. All the notes in the subscription plans about special quests and features for subscribers... it's coming!

Omni

Necron99

Post by Necron99 »

Hail!

I have given extensive thought to the subject of the 'revitalization' of Drakkar. I have come to the conclusion that the greatest impact to the way the game is played would be accomplished by implementing PvP zones. Of course, the greatest rewards would be located in those zones.

Sure, it changes the character of the game. But so do super hardened crits that require a dozen lvl 75 players to kill, mandatory brewing skill, and extremely rare tiers, etc., etc. All these things changed the character of the game. Some say for the better, some say for the worse. The bottom line is that the existing game engine can no longer provide an entertaining challenge to players as they advance past lvl 50. The only way to provide that challenge is to allow players to hunt each other within the confines of the game.

Necron.

Tnem
Title: Lord

Post by Tnem »

Its not that its not in the character of the game, its that the engine isnt built for pvp, and given how long current development takes I think most of us will be dead by the time a new engine is built :P

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but the whole point of drakkar is that there isn't pvp.

I don't know how to explain it other than by saying that in a very open-minded thought; the only way it would be possible is for sysops to not enforce player killing, which doesn't require any implementation. But it would consist of whoever gets the first click 1-shots the other person.

I think if you're looking for some sort of interaction between players, you and your friends can play "tag" by 'trade enable' tossing items back and forth, thats about the depth of player vs player you'll see.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

I don't think PvP is the answer. I'm not really interested in following the path every other game out there seems to want to go down.

That's not to say that players won't have ways to compete with each other...

Darge

Post by Darge »

Rock, Paper, Scissors for phat loot.

As to not make this post totally useless...

PVP could work via indirect competition in the NL faction system. Say every so often, armies from Nameless Lord and Graine merge together in battle, and players of each faction try to kill off opposing faction NPC's. Last army standing nets players for that side a reward of some sort.

Of course, then there's the problem of Nameless Lord having virtually no player assistance...
SIN

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

If something like that were to come about, it would give players who want to be "different" a reason to go faction against Graine.

Honestly though, I like that idea. It's kind of the Aleria concept, except more intense.

Poldarn

Post by Poldarn »

pvp doesnt work with fm's and mentalists the way they are, period.

LOL21kdamagein1round.gg.pwnedface.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

It's a ways off on my list of things to do atm, but I would really like to flesh out factioning. I think whom you faction with should have clear impacts on quests you can complete as well as items you might be able to use.
(I still have trouble understanding how you are 'Proud to serve the Nameless Lord!' when factioned Graine).
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Cheese
Title: Meh.

Post by Cheese »

One suggestion, based on your faction have various unique npcs in each faction town, with varying items that are purchasable. Items that go along with that faction, different benefits etc. Don't make them class specific as that will hamper teamwork in the faction process. But make them vary according to how easy a specific faction is to gain, make some items require ally, some require friend, etc etc etc.

Cheese

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

Cool idea, but that's like, an exact copy of some of the items in WoW.

Cheese
Title: Meh.

Post by Cheese »

quite a few games do variations based on that. figured it would be the easist to impliment initially and then flesh out more things from there.

Darge

Post by Darge »

Omni wrote: (I still have trouble understanding how you are 'Proud to serve the Nameless Lord!' when factioned Graine).
It's because Graine's a bum, he doesn't even throw in the +100 ep/damage for those proud to serve him.
SIN

Darge

Post by Darge »

Since it's fairly self evident that the May/June ETA for St. Patties/Easter event expansions won't work out, will they just be pushed back to June/July, Omni?
SIN

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

Where has the feedback from the developers gone? It was nice to get some discussion going with things to come... Forums are just completely dead now.... What about Hero's Hall? Event Expansions? I see you around often Omni... What are you working on now? What can we expect to find soon ?

Darge

Post by Darge »

It's difficult not to become annoyed when established once-a-year content comes up broken and nothing is said by the one who programmed it (aside from responding to a completely unrelated suggestion).

"Serenity now!"
SIN

Poldarn

Post by Poldarn »

Yeah. What happened to you Omni? Did the weight of the noobs finally get you down? You don't even talk anymore.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Few new little things, all beta - you've been warned.

Nameless Lands: These NPC's will eventually be moved to the Hero's Hall.

Identos - dusted him off and he is currently visiting with Jil. I am pretty sure all his bugs have been knocked out.

Autos - There is a new autos in Nameless. When he is working you will find him in graine town. He will buy all your gems, OR he will buy your whole sack.

Cobrahn:
New NPC. Go find him and play around. What he does should be obvious, please let me know if he does anything 'weird'.

These NPC's are not permanently in the game yet. They will disappear with a reset until I turn them back on.
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

Omni wrote: Autos - There is a new autos in Nameless. When he is working you will find him in graine town. He will buy all your gems, OR he will buy your whole sack.
brilliant. this is exactly what we asked for.
a sincere thanks for listening =)