Guild Halls

If you have an idea post it here
Omni
Admin
Admin

Guild Halls

Post by Omni »

If you could 'purchase' an upgrade to a guild hall, what would you like to see?

Could be real money, could be Flisk's Coin of the Realm, not important atm... just looking to see what players would want to add.

Tnem
Title: Lord

Re: Guild Halls

Post by Tnem »

A couple of ideas that would be nice to have (guild wise) :
  • Custom Portals - You could implement it so that the guild taggers could "memorise" portal locations like teleport locations. Then you would have a few custom portals in a new part of UGH or LGH that tie to those locations
  • Guild Locker(s) and Bank - Lockers and a Bank that a whole Guild could access
Also a couple of single character orientated idesas :
  • Skill training 35+ - What the title says *edit* been brought to my attention that this exists :P *edit*
  • Portal to the Nameless/GDH without having to talk to an NPC - Just like the cob one
  • A Cheque Dude - Just for convenience, stop me having to memorise a ch teleport
  • A gear switcher - Can remember one other set of gear and will hold it so that if you want to do a quick change you can just click him and he will change the gear you are wearing
  • Auction House - Lets stop using those forums to sell/buy items, lets have an auction house :P

Rygar

Post by Rygar »

The platinum plan of course. All slots UGH and all benefits from gold.

A set of stairs in ugh leading to the penthouse, must have gold plan to use. A new portal or two, and more lockers for more junk.

A 5th character slot for gold plan subscribers. Drop gold plan the slot becomes inactive.

Shared locker and bank, all slots that have ugh/gold can use to transfer.

Rygar

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

In terms of guild bank/vault I would like to see this idea implemented in such a way that the guild leader has control over access and can give or deny access to guild members. Additionally it would be useful if it had some kind of log recording items deposited/withdrawn.

Quaternion.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

for the guild halls for actual guilds would you need lgh/ugh to get to them or would anyone in that guild be able to access them?

i like the idea of guild lockers and banks

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

I'd like to see a portal that takes you to a random lair/area.

Yes, that means that if you are in a party and one of you goes into that portal, the rest that follow may end up in a different lair/area alltogether.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

flisk wrote:I'd like to see a portal that takes you to a random lair/area.

Yes, that means that if you are in a party and one of you goes into that portal, the rest that follow may end up in a different lair/area alltogether.
You just described one of the FH portals.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

i believe you mean CH darge :P

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

No, he meant FH. There are two ways to get there.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

FH? bah you guys are making me actually think :/ whats FH?

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Fun House.

Migam

Post by Migam »

Any one of these would be appreciated. These are random things to make things easier but I don't mean to "carebear" the game either.

1. I would like as a perk that UGH trainers displayed beyond 45.4% paid skill and trained beyond 45.4% even if I am at or beyond 45.4%. Right now, I can for ex: train 45megs if under 45.4% but at most, I'll see 100%. Did I get the whole training I paid for or did I just lose everything paid beyond 100%?

Chits go beyond that limit but:
a) don't display how much is paid ahead (I'd like to know if I'm fully paid for the larger skill gain but not certain if fully paid means beyond 45.4% or beyond 100%)
-and -
b) is restricted by class. I skill MA and ment on thief and I think I should be allowed unrestricted access to all paid skill I chose no matter that it "doesn't fit in" as long as I go to the proper trainer.

2. Allowing the bottom LGH portal to be "tune-able" and usable as long as that slot has UGH subscribed. Either park an NPC next to the portal which tells you what choices you have and allow you to set it (Portos, Nork9) or an NPC that can set your destination based on any location set on the succor twig in right hand (might not seem handy until you're stripped or eaten someplace nasty). I expect NL would be exempt.

3. Of course, if twigholder kept a copy while giving you the original, I'd be happy too.

4. A climbup to a small shared area for Guild to dump whatever items they desire to share that is decay-free and not subject to groundclearing resets. A limit can be placed on maximum items allowed.

5. I would like as an upgrade to learn a special succor without needing to fate it and have this UGH succor color code or stamp the twig with the alt where it was formed. My thief has at least 10 twigs at all times and it gets confusing (yeah, I need em all). I use belt, pouch and sack to seperate alts but I set in more than 3. Of course, the Powers That Be can remember that thieves did learn ment and healer discs, use em at 1/2 power and can just give us teleport... I'll be generous and only ask for 2 tps per alt ;) .

6. A once-a-month special Restore which when active, allows you to restore with all gear and inhand items by typing some command like fullrestore. When available, some icon is visible and is also seen when typing list stats. This allows for a dp-free exploration of some new area (though exp/skill/stats loss still happen where applicable). No, you cannot accumulate em.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

brummiebird

Post by brummiebird »

#4 The one about a small shared area for Guild to dump whatever items they desire to share that is decay-free and not subject to groundclearing resets.

As many have found out in ugh/lgh items poof very quickly & when someone has gone out of there way to hunt for these items just to poof before the person needing can get on & store is very frustrating, so this idea I like.

Darge

Post by Darge »

As far as making guild halls unquestionably worth every penny...

-Healer/Mentalist trainers being able to train all discs for that class. It's cool flavor wise that certain trainers teach certain discs, but if you pay for ugh, you should just be able to go there and relearn.

-A couple UGH/GH only quests in various scenarios. Nothing to break the bank of course (IE, the only way to get a good weapon for a particular skill.)

-Expanded benefits for Club members. Maybe an add prone/returning questor function, mid-high end quests to gain the succor/sense discs without fating, etc.

-Passway to Nameless.

-A monthly, cumulative bonus akin to gold plan hps. Something worthwhile to keep people wanting to maintain ugh when other perks lose their luster (and they do.) One possibility follows...

Vendors selling new and *useful* items, where to purchase them, you must have been a ugh/gh subscriber for a number of months equal to a particular items requirement.

The final month could even unlock a "Guild Badge" (with guild initials in the description) to occupy the unused upper left gear slot. Presumably this would provide some a small, but worthwhile, and possibly class-based, enhancement. The ability to wear it would, of course, be dependent on being a UGH or GH player.

-Maybe even some UGH/GH only lair events hosted on that server via the sysop ability to create hexes/monsters. Obviously prizes shouldn't eclipse those awarded from normal events, but be useful in their own right.
SIN

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

I fully intend to create some major benefits to players both on the guild hall server itself as well as in the various scenarios. Some of my grander plans are very time consuming, but I hope to eventually see them through.

If you don't have Gold / UGH - you are really going to want to invest in it!

Current and Future NPC's may soon be hinting that your lack of certain subscriptions is preventing you from gaining the full benefit of certain NPC's!

Omni

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

so will we need both for these addittions you plan on adding?

Migam

Post by Migam »

Omni wrote:I fully intend to create some major benefits to players both on the guild hall server itself as well as in the various scenarios. Some of my grander plans are very time consuming, but I hope to eventually see them through.

If you don't have Gold / UGH - you are really going to want to invest in it!

Current and Future NPC's may soon be hinting that your lack of certain subscriptions is preventing you from gaining the full benefit of certain NPC's!

Omni
I've been discussing this with others and some think you mean to alter some of the current functions of some current UGH NPCs to only work with goldplan and no longer with silverplan while others think you mean to add gold-only new functions to these current NPCs as well as for new NPCs. Coulld you confirm the latter is your intention?
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Darge

Post by Darge »

Judging by a comment he made last night, it seems to imply, for one, he'll be giving a ugh/gold perk to Emit, the gear repair NPC.
SIN

Tee

Post by Tee »

make the ih that the sellers in ugh sell heal that heals you for all you hps instead of just 1000 d the zaps that you can in ugh give you all the eps back ?

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

bump

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Emit is an example of what you can expect to see.

Now - no groaning about costs please. I know it's not exactly 'the way it was' but please remember Emit has been around far longer than most of the game and the repair code was never really adjusted to account for Cob & Nameless items, nor the vast amounts of coin that can be generated in those scenarios.

Progress & new features sometimes means I have to update the whole NPC to make more sense!

However, as you can see - Emit repairs items just like he used to for Free players and all paying players - (even Silver!) get a perk on their repairs that they never had available to them before. Emit also takes charisma into account (Accounts for potential Primal levels of charisma) which he never used to and the higher the charisma, the better the deal you get.

As I fix bugs and add new content, I will be adding subscription based perks to NPC's above and beyond their standard effects and who knows -maybe I'l sneak in some quests too!
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

ZhouYu
Title: Paladin of AWESOME

Post by ZhouYu »

Pally and Barb trainers.

As far as a guilded guild hall, I'd like to see an upgradeable guildhall that starts out really basic.

It can be upgraded with (choose one or more: gold, exp, DrakCoins [see other topic], skill) donated by members to the guild fund. Some upgrades require others. As with the normal guild hall, there would be upper and lower. In the guild's guild hall, for example, you could have a twig holder in LGH for 50megs, a second would cost, say, 200m (gold) and be available only to UGH subscribers (in addition to regular GH holders). Include things that aren't in GH, such as a NPC that can give characters low level ES or some such. Maybe have permanent bonuses for guild members that have UGH, just as a small bonus to HP, EP, or regen. A +X/+X bonus could be purchaseable for all members with certain guild hall access, but LGH members could only get it up to 1/3rd of what UGH members can.