Cleaning up Forums

General User Chat
Mars
Admin
Admin

Cleaning up Forums

Post by Mars »

I'd like to hear constructive ideas on cleaning up the forums.
I've already cleaned up Lost and Found and have set limits on how long posts will remain there. Most times, after 1 week the post is "dead weight"

I'd like to clean up some of the posts that have been hanging around for 3-5 years. But I'm willing to listen to the masses on types of topics you would like to see remain.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Re: Cleaning up Forums

Post by Tirith »

with the exception of the lost and found and buying and selling forums, I think other posts should stay and not be deleted. The forums are perhaps the greatest instrument of collected game knowledge, better than any fan website. Would like to see nothing else deleted there.

Did you delete registered members who never logged in or never posted?

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

all registered users were transferred over.
And the posts I've considered deleting are the ones that do not contain game knowledge, but are more of a hi, bye, looking for so and so, ect

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Delete all post by the user Mars and you'll eliminate 90% of the useless posts in the forums <G>

srflynn64

Post by srflynn64 »

Delete all unanswered posts

well the ones over a month old, if they have no replys they cant be of much use

Flint____WOLF

SharedFolder
Title: Supreme Folder

Post by SharedFolder »

Okay, please, pretty pretty please don't purge the forums! Please!

Unless the Drakkar webserver is shy of space, I don't really see the reason in deleting a post (other than the ones that don't abid by the forum rules). I mean, the whole community is the whole community! Even the people who just drop in to say "hi" and give their welcome is still a valued piece of forum literature in my opinion.

Even in the lost and found forum... I love looking back at the nastalgia when I lost my xx or when yy needed some zz. Gosh, the most sacred thing about Drakkar is the memories! To erase those posts would be to deplete the kingdom of the magic it once held so dear!

So please, Mr. Mars and all you other message board administrators, leave them as they are. For the good of the kingdom!

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

At least the riff-raff were finally stripped of their forum sysop-hood. Bravo.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Migam

Post by Migam »

SharedFolder wrote:Okay, please, pretty pretty please don't purge the forums! Please!

Even in the lost and found forum... I love looking back at the nastalgia when I lost my xx or when yy needed some zz. Gosh, the most sacred thing about Drakkar is the memories! To erase those posts would be to deplete the kingdom of the magic it once held so dear!
If you truly treasure these special posts that will likely never be replied to...

IE... File.. Save As... save to your own hard drive. You can archive it to floppy, CD, DVD or a tape drive and derive pleasure from it forever. Don't forget to back up!

:|

SharedFolder
Title: Supreme Folder

Post by SharedFolder »

Migam wrote:If you truly treasure these special posts that will likely never be replied to...

IE... File.. Save As... save to your own hard drive. You can archive it to floppy, CD, DVD or a tape drive and derive pleasure from it forever. Don't forget to back up!

:|
I did and still do. Heck, I've archived posts you probably wouldn't find anywhere anymore, but that's beyond the point. The point it, I'm not always at my home computer when I want to share the memories, etc. Oh well, it doesn't matter now since the sysops already deleted everything anyway.

Geeze Migam, way to shoot my day down. :|

Migam

Post by Migam »

I look for solutions in cases beyond my own control and this is one of em... take it as you like.

I email myself with files I want to access wherever I am just in case I'm at work. Hotmail and Yahoo allow more storage and then there is Yahoo Briefcase. I have some very funny Drakkar threads I saved on my comp before the sysops could lock/delete em... I still laugh and laugh reading them.

srflynn64

Post by srflynn64 »

You Hoarder,

No wonder these companys atr haing to give more server space and crashing systms

It your fault

Migam

Post by Migam »

I suffer for my art ;(

WabbitMonster

Post by WabbitMonster »

I say bravo clean these up. I have long since stopped comming into forums due to the people bashing and un constructive chit chat against each other and just flat out bashing of certian people. Other than a new look for the forums ty for working on getting all this cleaned up to where maybe one can find something thats not written by someone back in 1990 that no longer is playing the game and just asking how to get to frore cause they dont have upper guild hall anymore on their account.

Ty sysops for the hard work
WabbitMonster
AFC Guild Leader.