Incentive program

General User Chat
Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Replying to Topic 'Incentive program'

Post by Tirith »

I was under the impression that the report was broken in some way, ever since the first time i tried using it and figured the project was just dropped. Here's my report for you

DrakkarZone Referral Report For User Tirith (** TEST VERSION **)

Unique Visits: 4
Download Attempts: 2
Signups: 34550
Signups with at least one login: 27069
Online Now: 72 ( Brad , flisk , Jord , Mars , Martialarts , Sauron , Darkair , Fin , Astra , Juice , Shogun , Shay , Grypp , Garion , wizdrone , Maximus , josh10 , WhiteHeart , Arcadea9 , Mob , LordMoebius , Gorrex , Lyric , vedwed , Ibanezmsc , Hoop , Tirith , darkaxe , Tigolbiddies , Rhino , PieterPost , Yavin , Seeker , Logan69er , Bannor , cloude , sharkey , Gaobob1 , IgotaQ , Zane , StrikerUnit , Necron99 , Cyric , Nite0chylde0 , Syz , xmageofwisdomx , Babz154 , sapphire , WabbitMonster , orangesoda , grimone , Plsdonthurtme , Bruin , grimtwo , SirTravis , Ellius , bigdog3t , Lodino , Tyr , Halbir , Maleyborne , tuffno , Nonametruckdrver , NLWabbit , marksgirl , GenRalph , Omeep , GohunR , xkiller411x , Omni , Balgar , RavenZZZZ )
Been Online Today :287 ( Brad, Tigger2, Mountndewd, Kordoch, Doro, Dog, Martialarts, Drake, Horseman, Shayna, Kuldare, Cirion, Fizban, Sauron,....

it seems to list everyone online now and been online today... not just the users that signed up with your referrel link.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'Incentive program'

Post by Omni »

Some testing last night and this morning:

Unique Visits - Broken. I clicked the link 3 times from same pc and 1 time from a pc with a completely different IP. Counted 4 unique visits. Should have been 2.

Download attempts - Looks like it is working.

I created 2 accounts from the above links (1 each from a different IP). Neither showed up as a signup or signup with login (I rolled a character on each and logged them in).

So it needs some fixing.

Omni

P.S. Maybe add a 'Verified Subscribed' to the list so Players know how many of their referrals made it all the way through?
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Re: Incentive program

Post by Tirith »

I think that "DrakBucks" should only be rewarded once a player that was referred by you goes paid. Everyone knows once a paying player, you are hooked and always a paying player. :-)

Or perhaps, for every month of silver a referred player pays for, you receive 1 "drakbuck" or 2 for every month of gold a referred player pays for. etc...

srflynn64

Post by srflynn64 »

And how are people that dont have there own websites etc supposed to gain from this.

Come on a lot of people get others to come join by word of mouth

SharedFolder
Title: Supreme Folder

Post by SharedFolder »

They use that word of mouth to say something like, "Before you sign up at their website, click on this link I put on my own (personal website, webblog, etc.) site" or just write the link down (or print it) on paper and have them visit it directly through that. Silly rabbit.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Perhaps an additional field on the sign-up form.

Referred by:_____________ (Enter DZ name here)

Omni

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

It's notheworthy that for two player in the same house using one internet connection, you currently need to delete their cookies after the first person is done set up the next registration.

Oh, and that nice link at the end for help for newbies from other player... http://www.kingdomofdrakkar.com/forums/ ... p?TID=3367 yeah...
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Nobody does it better than Darge. :D

GenRalph

Post by GenRalph »

As part of the "new blood" group Im having a blast exploring and learning. So many have helped me get started with advice, information, gear and yes many dp recoveries. In turn I find it exciting helping other new blood in hopes they too will get hooked.

The rewards that would interest players at my level would center around ingame items or buffs. Until we get bigger some of the better gear is out of our reach and we spend a tremendous amount of time grunting for gold and pots in the expectation of re-rolling our first main and overmaxing. I know this is part of the historical process of Drakkar, however newer players today can be impatient and typically only stay with a game 6 months to a year. We want them to go "paid" because its more likely they will stay which adds new excitement and helps fund this thing we love so much.

Some thoughts here would be options to trade drak bucks for stat adds (up to 19), paid skill, maxed hp/ep on a lvl 1 crit, a high end nork gear item, a class specific disc or a check for $xx meg.

All of these can be achieved with time and effort but a new player needs something to help cement them in. They most likely just left or are in the process of leaving another game. With a little glue we can keep them from doing the same thing again.

Your largest source for new business is always those who don't currently use your product. Who better knows other gamers that are not currently playing Drak than a new player. If they see an incentive which helps them get up to size faster simply by bringing in a few friends think of how many new faces you would see. From that flood we would expect to see some that stay long term.

A humble opinion from a newcomers perspective.
Don't blame the darkness, its only following its nature... instead ask why your light isn't brighter

Glorifel
Connan
Silhouette
Perseus

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Thanks for the input!

Omni