Events

General User Chat
Omni
Admin
Admin

Events

Post by Omni »

I am working on putting together a nice cornucopia of events.

Brad has thrown out a teaser of some possibilities with 'Double Skill Aleria' Night/Weekend.

I'm sure you folks have some ideas and there seems to be no lack of vocal individuals in the forums recently.

Let's hear it.

Thank You,
Omni
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Tuceg

Replying to Topic 'E

Post by Tuceg »

Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger
Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger Doppleganger

Hmm. Think I covered all the bases. <G>
Last edited by Tuceg on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen, it is a disagreeable custom to which one is too easily led by harshness of the discussions, to assume evil intentions. It is necessary to be gracious as to intentions; one should believe them good, and apparently they are; but we do not have to be gracious at all to inconsistent logic or to absurd reasoning. Bad logicians have committed more involuntary crimes than bad men have done intentionally."

Pierre S. du Pont, Deputy from Nemours to the French National Assembly during the French Revolution.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'Events'

Post by Omni »

An oldy but a good one. Other ideas besides just a lair?

Omni
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

The best non-megalair events (although there were only 1 or 2 that I know of) I have taken part in, have been those run by Flisk.

Although the rewards were never anything too special, and often times had no reward other than having experienced the 'event', the roleplaying elements they contained, along with going beyond simple things like 'tag tigger!' or 'beat up a poorly buffed lair!' made them enjoyable.

For a specific reference, I'll use the 'Shadow' event that took place in Nork, and later Mjorin.

As far as rewards go, it's really just time some serious coding were done so that Sysops can give decent rewards, and have them be scaled to the achievement of conquering an event.

Stat pots that go to 25 are good, when used solely for Strength and Agility. People obviously use haste and will most likely end up losing the benefits of them over time, and that in combination with the pots being given out in moderation can stop them from becoming the next Blue FP of Drakkar.

Give select sysops the power to mod certain elements of items, but ensure that the modding they do does not interfere with normal item operation. Allow weapons or shields to be given a +0/1 sparingly, and allow for gear adds to be modified in 1/0 or 0/1 increments. Give the ability to add a +1 stat to an item. Maybe allow for very small buff effects to be added to some items, ie +5 ES to a shield. Use these powers in moderation, and create standards for improving, by which people can't have balance breaking items made.

Some ways to create 'unique' events:
1: Modify the zombie code, so that instead of transforming creatures, a la an infection, they have a chance to pass on a specific item to other NPC's around them.

So, for example, Omni can activate the code and say, "Creatures are plotting in KM4 to attack Frore. Bring me proof of their plans for a reward." Players then go and hunt for the 'proof' item, and bring it in to Omni for a reward. Omni then notes the player's name and account, and either allows more of the item to be turned in, or cuts the player off (the latter obviously being less headache/mistake prone.)

2: Sysops (at least some) can already alter certain aspects about their crits with little difficulty, such as crit name or crit icon, as has been shown in the past. If the technology does not already fully exist, allow them to do so to a further extent with their SYSOP account crits, and in game NPC's.

Introduce simple commands, such as setting the level, hp, base AC or skill of NPCs. Ensure that these changes are strictly regulated to functioning on SYSOP account characters and NPC's to alleviate fears of favoritism or twinking. Ensure a checks and balances system, so that all Sysops are aware of what will be taking place, and can subsequently respond if they log in to players freaking out about pumped up enemies.

Most of all, keep things standardized. Take as much of the 'human equation' out of the rewards, to ensure that the system works, and works fairly.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

srflynn64

Post by srflynn64 »

I dont know how viable it would be to do this but its a summot to throw in the pot.

Have a random Type of crit, for instance called The Great Dragon appear at any given location at any time with no warning.

Depending on how many in the party killing it - drops 1 item based on the classes for each member of the party.

Its skill/hp etc could be based on the skill of either the solo crit or highest member of the person to hit it.

So it becomes more benificial of a party of 20/20's to be killing than that of a few people at lev 20 thinking they can get a 75/35 person come and help kill for an easy item.

just dont have an idea of items at yet, apart from being class specific

Flint___WOLF
Last edited by srflynn64 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.