Mjorin

If you have an idea post it here
RayonMazter

Mjorin

Post by RayonMazter »

Back in ien, mjorin was enjoyable for pretty much anyone at any size, due to the new exploration involved. However, now that it was so important to add damage to water travel (because our characters can destroy dragons, but cannot swim), the fun seems to have been diminished.

My suggestion is to take water damage out of mjorin completely (As it used to be, as I would guess it was intended to be). Either that or add respirate to the trainers (thief, ment, healer). Tired of the grinding aspect of drak. One death in mjorin (mostly due to water), and i'm sitting at healers for an hour clicking rest, or spending an hour worth of coins to heal myself via potions, just because I went for a stroll through water, which is required in the northern part.

Edit: The lockers in mj also don't work. Not sure if that was intended for scenery or not, but mj lockers would be cool.

Thanks for your time,
Ray
Last edited by RayonMazter on Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tee

Replying to Topic 'Mjorin'

Post by Tee »

There has been numerous post about this issue, hopefully if enough people ask about mabye it can change. Mostly the locker would be a great addition instead of having to replace gear everytime you go to mj,or using up a crit to hold you gear. For the water Idea that would be helpful instead of wasting half of you hps trying to get to an area, since ih pot's are sometimes difficult to get. But this also does make MJ more Challenging. Mabye in your spare time brad you can work on MJ
Money is either a good or bad influence according to the character of the person who posses it.... remember that you character is your destiny!

RayonMazter

Post by RayonMazter »

Yeah, I would be happy simply with respirate disc. Or add resp boots quest.

Another idea popped up, although it may be a little overboard. Mjorin pt 2, for higher end players, much like the idea of test-cob, starting with nothing all over again, except a new adventure would be ahead.

Edit: Never mind about the resp gear. But the resp disc could still prove worthy
Last edited by RayonMazter on Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nickstar

Post by Nickstar »

I have posted this before,but there is RESP gear already in MJ.

Nickstar___ZAND

RayonMazter

Post by RayonMazter »

I was informed of this a little while ago, but I haven't dropped the topic with the bank.

Skip

Post by Skip »

One of the major problems with Mjorin is the almost worthless "reward" for going there -- especially since Cobrahn was released.

The keys are just as time consuming to get as back in the late '90's, the water damage is now a barrier to keep players from exploring, and major con's found in Mjorin no longer heal you like an IH, and the final quest step Orc Archers have been beefed up multiple times (and respawn rate sped up) since my group last did Mjorin in '97 - 98.

If the drak gods wanted more people to try the Mjorin quest -- maybe they should consider substantially increasing the final quest reward.

As things currently stand, I still recommend all players to do the teamwork planning, and spend the time to complete this quest. Its a badge of honor knowing that less than 10% of the current players have completed this quest.

~ Buzz/Skip__KAM ~