account log in

If you have an idea post it here
Demonaic

account log in

Post by Demonaic »

i suggest having a method to log in to the account information screen,so people like tango, who screw up their password, can still log in. or people that can't log into drak can still do it. or people that are at a puter that doesn't have drak, can still change it. etc. it just seems like a very handy tool that is odd that drak doesn't facilitate. also, don't have password filter out special characters on this login.

this may of been brought up in the past, not claiming it's my brand new idea. but it would be useful.
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Replying to Topic 'account log in'

Post by flisk »

do you mean somthing like this:

http://www.kingdomofdrakkar.com/forget.html

that is listed on the Helpful Links section of the website?

Or are you talking about something else all together?

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

no, i mean a log in, straight to your account settings/info from the website.

EDIT: to completely bypass the lobby to get to account.
Last edited by Demonaic on Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Tooey

Post by Tooey »

Not Complete sure what your after here sounds like you just want to be able to access your account info .... not sure how worthwile this is since i change my account info very very rarely wouldn't really make a dif for me to have lobby installed or not drak isn't exactly a huge game....

Sorry if i dont understand

Tooey

TangoDown

Post by TangoDown »

What this is all about is I changed my Password to something diffrent, it had an 'illegal' character in it that automaticly invalidated my password. So when I go to log into my account it would say "Incorrect password" Now I know some one will say, "Did you have it emailed to you?". The problem wasnt that it wasnt known, but that it didnt work.

What Demonic is suggesting is that you are able to change your password outside of the account, since the password changing screen has no illegal characters unlike the DZ login thus making this problem nonexsistant.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

access outside of lobby wouldn't have changed your password problem. it had to be manually changed, any automated system requires you to input the existing password, which you could not do because it wasn't recognized.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'a

Post by Darge »

Make the password change entry not accept said 'illegal' characters.
Last edited by Darge on Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

this feature is for tango, or people that can't log into dz lobby for any other reason.
for example. say it's towards the end of a billing period for my subscription, and i can't connect to dz lobby, i would have to email help to change/cancel my subscription to not get billed. occasion i have the prob where i can't connect to dz, so i literaly set up a script program just to log in, cuz it would take 5-60 minutes literaly to connect on a bad day. or say my college decides to block the port drakkar is on? i would have to go somewhere else, install drakkar, and then i could cancel my account. say i lose internet access, and need to go elsewhere to unsubsribe, i would have to download lobby+game, just to get to account info. say i thought i changed my billing to unsubscribe, and i delete the game, say i'm on dialup, i would have to spend 9 hours downloading lobby, just to get to the account info page.

these are just a handful of examples of very plausable situations where this would be useful. it's why other games feature it, because it's a handy tool.
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

having probs logging into dz today, and can access internet fine, bumping my own post. -.-
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999