Tired Old Moan

General User Chat
Tooey

Tired Old Moan

Post by Tooey »

Hi All,
I pay for two accounts KillerTooey ( Main with barb on ) and Tooey ( With little healer on ) although i try to stick to rules as best i can, there are a few that i disagree on.

Building Crits With Others
joining a party and leeching experience while not in any danger.
Leaching what does leaching really count as does leaching count when i use my barb in pillars to sloughter everything for other smaller crits (not necessarily my own) to sit there and fire blanks at crits that they cant hurt in top end scenario gear? Apparently Not.

When a ment burns a zoo with a stick in it which has no use other than gaining experience of other crits ? Apparently not.

Using a friends crit to multistrike or tear down zoos to grow quickly with very little threat of damage due to high powered buffs? Apparently not

Placing one of your own crits in a safe location(sometimes crits enter) while anouther of your crits kills to advance ? yes

So my question is this is drakkar against you having multiple accounts u cant always do two things at once so therefore you are going to be breaking the rules at some point...

I suppose the lead on question on this is if you have struggled to do it one crit do you have to struggle to do it on anouther ?

When u get tired of playing and resort to playing multiple crits to try keep your love for the game alive is this wrong ?

Barb / Area Hunting
No one OWNS a hunting area. You have exclusivity only the hex you are currently standing on
According to this rule we have to carry everything we want with us since. If we are killing to be able to chase a fleeing crit we have to take the loot from current hex. If you kill off your hex and wait to long trying to kill crits on your hex(could be to survive) anyone is free to take loot.
I was fortunate enough to know a time when drakkar community was friendly although there was the occsional squabble over loot most of it was happy now when ever the topic of loot comes up the quote above always comes up. I for one dont want to be thinking about wether my hard earned loot is gunna be snapped up by some newb playing by the rules is this really what we want to show players our community is like.

Hot Shot Quick Run areas
Why go large when u can go Supersize
This is my little moan about NL, Cob has a level entry req that works well and hense good for players from 18 - 50, NL has no lvl req but is good for players from 18 - 75 does this sound wrong there are areas in NL that offer crits a fast track to being big is this what we want to show people joining are game that key thing in the game is to get big and then quit ? dont we want a strong community of loyal players ?

Before NL came out Lairs were planned people didn't just walse into Chipper for example now i see chippers lieing on the floor valueless and disowned solution shove a lvl req on it now players expect hey i get this level i get this item is that the way it works well heq why not there is over fast track players just like them that dont have a want for this gear few mins on there time there ya go..

Conclusion NL was badly thought out for the effect on the rest of the game Gear and Abilities(tiers) on Scenarios that were never designed to take that sort of damage.

Cob gear cant come to nork so why should NL ? Is it just because we dont have enough time to implement more lairs ? enough time to get more pictures ? enough money ?

GDH when first was talked about was ment to be an intermediate to big scenario to my knowlege to help the littler NLers and to help the biggers get out of dreaded mormar i guess 30 - 40 range was never even seen but fair enough they have the rest of NL to play in 40 -50 ? Dont stand a chance 50 -60 Very Struggling 60 -75 alright a little of struggle so what happened the target audience got lost to the high end players ? If you are going to implement new scenarios shouldn't they be thought through for the full range not just the top players you are trying to satisfy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont get me wrong i love this game i have for the 8 years i have been playing it but what drakkar is becomming makes me wonder why i play the Community is worse Scenarios are worse and the cost is more than over online games....

This is Just my 2 Pennies on a night where things arn't looking to bright for my Drakkar Future

Tooey

(Sorry if this offends people but just want to get a point accross)

Teh_Cheat

Replying to Topic 'Tired Old Moan'

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Building Crits With Others -

I don't grow two crits, so I won't give my advice on this part.

Barb / Area Hunting -

When I need coin, like most top end players I go to ud5. If no one is around I will use every area that give out good coin. ( North rooms and the Inner rooms ) If I see someone come along, I'll send them a message, ask them which hunting areas they need, and I'll move my coin. Personally, I don't like the one hex rule, but everybody I have come in contact with while coining has always had the courtesy to wait for me to move my coin, and reach an agreement on splitting up the area.

Hot Shot Quick Run areas -

I won't pretend I didn't use NL to max my crit. I did and have no problem admitting that, so I won't say we should limit the areas. It wouldn't be fair to players that join the game recently. Personally I like the 25 exp/skill cut, seems to work in my opinion.

Nork lairs are shot, not just because of gear, but the size of a crit matters also.

Not all players get big and quit. I have a lvl 75 crit, and I play everyday, quirks are very fun to earn, and I can hunt anywhere and get them. I got big and I didn't quit. I just didn't lose interest in the game.

I think NL is fine at the moment, I have enjoyed it very much from starting with the very first areas and lairs all the way to m25 and the Nameless Lord. Scenarios get old, and new ones replace them. You feel a sense of accomplishment where you can go back to your old hunting grounds and solo them with ease because of how skilled you have become.

Cobrahn gear is just different from NL gear to me. People wear 7/7 BLs in Cob because they get +3 stats, same with other NL gear worn in Cob. I still wear my Lanapi sash, agility ammy, lanapi/lazloth robes.

50-55 is easily made in lots of places in the Borderlands, not just Dornar ( That's just the popular place to go :) ) 55-60 easily made in lower levels of Mormar. ( I made 55-60 on m9 and 10 ) and 60-70 is attainable throughout the rest. It just depends on who is in the party for the floor you select. 70-75 is a breeze with your new gear. ( Assuming you have a party to hunt with for these levels. )

I enjoy Drakkar very much at this time, and do not disagree with you on everything. I think the current community is just different, and I enjoy all the scenarios very much. ( I constantly find myself in Aleria :) )
SIN

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Originally posted by Tooey

Building Crits With Others
joining a party and leeching experience while not in any danger.
Leaching what does leaching really count as does leaching count when i use my barb in pillars to sloughter everything for other smaller crits (not necessarily my own) to sit there and fire blanks at crits that they cant hurt in top end scenario gear? Apparently Not.

When a ment burns a zoo with a stick in it which has no use other than gaining experience of other crits ? Apparently not.

Using a friends crit to multistrike or tear down zoos to grow quickly with very little threat of damage due to high powered buffs? Apparently not

Placing one of your own crits in a safe location(sometimes crits enter) while anouther of your crits kills to advance ? yes

So my question is this is drakkar against you having multiple accounts u cant always do two things at once so therefore you are going to be breaking the rules at some point...

I suppose the lead on question on this is if you have struggled to do it one crit do you have to struggle to do it on anouther ?

When u get tired of playing and resort to playing multiple crits to try keep your love for the game alive is this wrong ?
I'll answer this one since I'm the one who usually stops it. If your crit is sitting in an area where it is not in danger from being attacked/hit by NPCs, then yes you will be asked to move, this rule has been posted by Brad elsewhere in forums. If you say you are in danger because you happen to drag or CC one NPC where you are, I will still tell you to move on. There are several of these "hexes" within the game. I'm not going to get into a discussion of why one area is and one is not. There are several places that are more commonly used.

We don't have an autolevel system (like another game does) that will allow you to prebuild a crit once your main has reached a certain level. You want each crit to grow, you must play them, you can't just leech. That's not how Brad wants it done.

Posted on: 04-29-03 01:31:50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Brad:

Scripting is the act of playing drakkar while away from the keyboard, either through the use of automated tools that simulate key strokes/mouse movement, *OR* joining a party and leeching experience while not in any danger.

Both of these are considers exploits, and greatly inflate the game. They also make it impossible for us to give good skill for normally used disciplines.
Last edited by Mars on Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turmos2

Post by Turmos2 »

im probly gonna regret this..

"Scripting is the act of playing drakkar while away from the keyboard, either through the use of automated tools that simulate key strokes/mouse movement, *OR* joining a party and leeching experience while not in any danger."

that says its against the rules to join a party and leech while not in danger WHILE away from the keyboard. so isnt he technically at the keyboard when playing both accounts?

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Please read the whole statement which says
OR* joining a party and leeching experience while not in any danger.

That does not include being afk, however, you can be doing both. if you are afk, I deem it scripting; if you are there but hiding where there is no danger, I deem it leeching

I can see how it could be read either way

Both are against the rules
Last edited by Mars on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turmos2

Post by Turmos2 »

that rule does include being afk while leeching not in danger

Scripting is the act of playing drakkar while away from the keyboard, EITHER through the use of automated tools that simulate key strokes/mouse movement, *OR* joining a party and leeching experience while not in any danger.

that either means there are two things that are counted as scripting while being afk.

the *OR* indicates the second thing that the EITHER is talking about.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

any way you wish to read it

Niether is allowed/permitted

Tooey

Post by Tooey »

Guys and Girls just wanted to apologise for my post last night i was out of order and sadly dispite my often disappointment with game condition and the community i havent managed to quit yet.

Again I appologise for my comments

Tooey
**Free Cheese for All**

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Tooey,

Nothing to appolgize for. I do understand the fustration players feel at times, I am one too.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

So i am allowed to Leech exp on a crit in dornar while not in any danger, but i am not allowed to leech in ud5 while not in any danger? the fact is, crits COULD enter the room

Or is this just down to the matter of NL players have paid $50 for the privilige to be able to break the rules?

so why is one allowed and one isnt allowed?

Yes ud5 crits dont wander, but neither do dornar crits if theyre targetted on a parried paladin.

*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'T

Post by Darge »

Some UD5 crits actually do wander. Thier AI is very wierd and some spawn points they will, others they wont. Most notably, outer rim and mummy spawn in north rooms (probably all related to the absence or presence of a closed door).
Last edited by Darge on Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

rock

Post by rock »

Nothing to do with a closed door, you go into the south room in heart and so long as they havnt targeted anyone they wont move from their spawn hex, even with a large room and open doors

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Of course the difference is, you are referring solely to death rooms, whereas I refer to the level as a whole. In the outer west, there is a spawn room, where if you leave the door open, they will wander. In the inner, if you leave the mummy room door open, they will wander. In the outer 4 spawn points, the crits can wander. Post count +1!
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Necron99

Post by Necron99 »

Hail!

I know, the last time I submitted a post, and was kicked to the curb by DZ management, I said I would just sit down, shut up and color...however, I just paid my Credit Card Statement for last month ($57.40 in DZ charges) so I figured I was due at least one post a month <G>.

I have no idea why it is within the rules for a pally to drag Dornar while a ment burns and other party members collect exp while remaining completely safe around the corner. Yet, that same strategy/style is deemed illegal in Arun Secret area.

Why is it within the rules for me to park a healer, out of harms way, in certain NL lairs for party heals, prots and CCs; yet that same strategy/style is illegal if the healer is parked on the ud5 "stairs"?

Why is it legal for ments to create wall/water hexes in forgottens, then passwall an entire party, then burn the zoo thus allowing the entire party to collect (primarily) skill while remaining safe through the entire hunt? OK, maybe I can see the potential danger in this one...if the ment is not completely up to speed on the process.

And what about factioning? The most prevalent method is for a group to stay safe in one of the duke summoner's rooms, while a healer baits, charms and kills elites. The group in the duke summoner room is never in any danger.

Ah well, I don't really expect any type of logical answer. In this game, regardless of the published rules, whatever the Sysops deem illegal, unfair or just plain don't like becomes the law of the land. You either live with it as a player or leave.

Back to my coloring now <G>.

Necron.