NL gear in nork

If you have an idea post it here
Eons

NL gear in nork

Post by Eons »

I would like to see the portal to namless moved to cob to help restore some balance to Nork, or at least make it so the nl gear cant be worn or used in the lairs.

Migam

Replying to Topic 'NL gear in nork'

Post by Migam »

Originally posted by Eon
I would like to see the portal to namless moved to cob to help restore some balance to Nork, or at least make it so the nl gear cant be worn or used in the lairs.

You mean so players would portal to Cob first then NL? Why? Or do you mean make NL gear NL and Cob only? Why not just go for broke and have Cob gear in NL (not)?

Not use NL gear in Nork lairs? Why should I go back to Hag plate? If you refer to the huge players, even Saran Wrap will protect them enough while solo-ing that lair; switching them to Nork gear will change nothing. The medium NL player would be at the disadvantage. Not much balance.

EDIT.. surprise, a typo :|
Last edited by Migam on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Ive seen this crap so many times now, that if it were implemented i think id just solo nork and cob lairs to spite the whiners who constantly post this idea. When will people realize, gear isnt what makes the lairs so easy.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Kanak

Post by Kanak »

Originally posted by Darge

Ive seen this crap so many times now, that if it were implemented i think id just solo nork and cob lairs to spite the whiners who constantly post this idea. When will people realize, gear isnt what makes the lairs so easy.
Ahhhh.........

So you mean the the energy eminating from the NameLess Land is the source of your advanced powers AND when you leave that land that you no longer have a source of energy for such knowledge and powers SO LEAVING NL makes you JUST another level 50 with no advanvced stats/hits/or knowledge. And since NL gear derives its power from the same source those kickers are gone also.

Excellent idea Darge. Your right it certainly would be more fun then showing them whiners a thing or two:p

.:sarc beats the option in the daddy of all games, where if you went advanced you never came back.:sarc

TangoDown

Post by TangoDown »

I can see your point, but by the time NL gear really makes a diffrence in your game play you can beat up most nork lairs and nork itself isnt challenging bar mabey some areas till bigger. This wouldnt affect the game much, big people would solo just as easy , mabey a little bit slower but it wouldnt matter. Would tick me off though not allowing me to wear some of my new gear i died alot and lost countless hp for :p

Darge

Post by Darge »

Originally posted by Kanak
Ahhhh.........

So you mean the the energy eminating from the NameLess Land is the source of your advanced powers AND when you leave that land that you no longer have a source of energy for such knowledge and powers SO LEAVING NL makes you JUST another level 50 with no advanvced stats/hits/or knowledge. And since NL gear derives its power from the same source those kickers are gone also.
Is this section in response to me? If so i admit i am a tad confused, since the skill/hits/abilities are what i was referring to as why small-mid end lairs are easy. If not, nvm :D
SIN

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

Its the size of the crits that makes nork so easy.. but wait a second, why are you complaining about nork? If your large enough to be in cob then you spend very little time in nork anyways, and if you are not large enough for cob, folks in NL gear arn't going to be hunting your areas anyways...

Wait, here's an idea, quit complaining about everything else and worry about yourself? :sarc

Nork is supposed to get easier as you progress deeper into other scenarios.. Nork was already wwwaaayy easy after getting lvl 50 in cob.. NL just made things quicker

There, made myself another enemy :)
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

SO LEAVING NL makes you JUST another level 50 with no advanvced stats/hits/or knowledge
No, we're just another lvl 70+ :)

Excellent idea Darge
He does have good ideas doesnt he?
Last edited by Teh_Cheat on Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIN

Pipes87

Post by Pipes87 »

Baskie Shield makes Nork dungeons too easy...ban Maeling and Frore gear from nork dungeons!
~Idun_____FATE

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

i say make everyone run around in griffy and 2 raks =-p

Eons

Post by Eons »

Whiners is that the cat i am in only because i suggest nl gear like cob gear be denied from nork lol....to funny.....there are 5 lockers in cob to hold nl gear. As far as big crits go i wasnt speaking about them. I still beleive Cob is where namless portal should be...or heck let all cob gear come to nork.
For those who are so lame to call a suggestion a whine well i will consider the source lol

Darge

Post by Darge »

to help restore some balance to Nork
That sounds like the beginning of a whine to me. Maybe unknowingly to you, but by posting this you joined the ranks of others who have whined about this topic before.
SIN

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

exactly
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.

TangoDown

Post by TangoDown »

Ok let me ask you this, if brad makes it so NL gear cannot go to nork what do you expect to accomplish by this? make it so that 70's wear nork gear and kill a lair with the same ease? at those levels if anything in nork hits you then theres something wrong with your crit. Will this prevent some one from soloing Uther? heck no, Seahag? still no, Wardens? yup you guessed it , no. All this will do is make it so people have to have another set of gear to change into, heck forget gear lets make it so primals cant wear gear in nork. Still the only thing they would have to worry about is the breeze from the monsters missing them messing up their hair.

-ElTango

Darge

Post by Darge »

messing up their hair.
I take how my hair looks very seriously. I demand the right to wear a helm.
SIN

Doro

Post by Doro »

I am guessing one of my posts was to request that NL gear does not go to any other scenario.

This was not due to gearing issues, but the threat of formally released software being affected by beta software. Yes I have seen some disasterous consequences in my time.

We now have rulings of not being allowed to use tiers in Mjorin as a consequence.

Whining? No.
A request that potentially corrupt software can affect my game and . . .

oh look it's happened already !

Messed up macros (beta FE) messed up graphics (adjacent to my crit).

Beta software yes I'm all for it, beta scenarios yes I'm all for them too.
Don't let it screw what we have already.

I vote for fromal testers to prove the software so the rest of us aren't lumbered with fixing broken software (macros etc) or are we all (new FE users) testers now?

Flame on ho ho
Last edited by Doro on Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ho

Darge

Post by Darge »

It is a valid point doro, but these issues are occuring very late in what might be called the Beta process, assuming it one day does end. I can only recall one instance of NL gear having issues outside the scenario in the beginning (aleria and sekora armor). The truth is, the gear hasn't caused any real issues, so much as the new things brad has been experimenting with have. Personally i won't get all worked up about a few minor issues, even though the macro thing was fairly annoying until i got used to scrolling backwards through them. For this, it comes down to a matter of, quality is good, but sometimes brad can make a mistake in his attempts to further the games quality. The most recent bugs also seem to be caused by things not really even NL related, quirks and graphic changes.
SIN

RyKnow

Post by RyKnow »

Its been so long since i even cared about it. Why should i care about it? If you have been farming a lair for weeks and i decide that i want to kill it, ill just ask you to kill it for me. chances are your not going to want the item i ask for, and if you dont want to do it for me or anyone else, thats where the problem begins. If your slaughtering nork and ignore asks for help, thats wrong.

Me and Leif had this situation. It wasent a nork lair, but he was capable of killing, and he wanted a rare drop. So i would ask him if he was going to kill that day, and if he said 'yes' then i would ask him if i could tag along. He was nice about it, and i thank him for that.

If your not causing problems, then why should people be concerned about it?
Last edited by RyKnow on Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Necron99

Post by Necron99 »

Hail!

The forerunner of this game was the Island of Kesmai. In that game, once you stepped through a portal (Kesmai to Leng for example) to a different scenario, you could never come back. So, no coming back to the Island armed with a Black Broad Sword and shielded by Thisson scales and slaying Daisy.

Brad has already said in his last interview session that one of the aspects about DZ that he liked was the abilitiy to return to less advanced scenarios with your enhanced abilities and slaughter areas that once used to give you difficulties.

While further discussion may be interesting...IMHO, it will not change anything.

Necron.