Quirk Maxes Per Lvl?

Known Issues and Comments
Spiderbyte

Quirk Maxes Per Lvl?

Post by Spiderbyte »

I am lvl 21 and I have stopped getting quirks. I have 120 total spent.

Post your quirk lvl max info here if you have it and would like to share.

Also I have a question about lvl limits.

Would a lvl 1 char with Gold access and UGH gain a total of 120 quirks by the time they reach lvl 21 or would they have more?
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'Quirk Maxes Per Lvl?'

Post by Brad »

Gold vs GH, there is a bug right now that isnt giving GH their bonus, that will be fixed next version. (May want to hold off on building your charts and web sites until then)

Brad

Spiderbyte

Post by Spiderbyte »

Originally posted by Brad

Gold vs GH, there is a bug right now that isnt giving GH their bonus, that will be fixed next version. (May want to hold off on building your charts and web sites until then)

Brad
So should I be getting more quirks than I have right now at lvl 21? I have 120 quirks and cant seem to gain any more.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

This is probably one of those things like max HP that Brad just doesn't tell the players.

Spiderbyte

Post by Spiderbyte »

Originally posted by Mars_Sysop

This is probably one of those things like max HP that Brad just doesn't tell the players.
Well considering he is saying it is not working properly, it would be nice to know before I decide to rest.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

I don't think resting is going to affect it
The impression I have is that you get so many per lvl, not that you can max at one point and if you skip that max you lose them when you move beyond

Spiderbyte

Post by Spiderbyte »

I understand that, but when you are trying to max certain things (IE: ep) usually you want to do it before you rest.

vedwed
Title: THE MAD MENT

Post by vedwed »

Originally posted by Mars_Sysop

I don't think resting is going to affect it
The impression I have is that you get so many per lvl, not that you can max at one point and if you skip that max you lose them when you move beyond
well, I have 3 crits all of different levels that are maxxed at 130 quirks. I emailed Brad, got a response of level up and see. Leveled up 2 levels and no gain, 1 of the crits ended up being rerolled, and I could gain no more quirks. The 30 quirk points i spent in the combat section (5/5 Enhanced Melee Damage, and 1/5 Enhanced Armor) were still spent as such. The 100 quirks that were spent in the class specific section are gone, and are not able to be gained back.
So a rerolled crit is maxxed at level one if the player has spent his allotted quirks, fate and its reduction of exp to lower levels also has no effect on the quirk system it seems, as i was unable to gain more when i went from 18 to 19 and back to 17 then up to 19.

I am not sure if I gained some of these quirks early on, so that has affected the reason for my level 5 barb to have 130 quirks. From level 5 to level 12 I have been unable to gain any quirks.

Also noted is the fact that you can go overmax by spending just enough to gain more quirks at your levels cut off. I tested this theory by spending 129 quirks, and allowing the 31 quirks to add up, I spent 1 in innate energy and 30 extra in energy manipulation . Thus giving me 29 "overmax" quirks, note: I was unable to collect 31 more quirks at same level having already spent 130, and having 3 saved, the ammount saved remained, and ability to gain stopped once i reached max for level

Hope this helps you all some, I know I am eager to start gaining em again <G>

Necron99

Post by Necron99 »

I would like to see some addtional data on this, so I will post my results:

Level 26 pally, 18 months Gold and UGH ... maxed at 200 spent quirks. Leveled to level 27, started to gain more quirks. Will post again when maxed a lvl 27.

Necron.

Edit: Quirk gain at 1 approximately every 30 min hunting in areas of medium danger, but not high risk. That is, I might get killed hunting that area, but it does not happen that often. No chance of being one-shoted <G>.
Last edited by Necron99 on Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cheese
Title: Meh.

Post by Cheese »

Lvl 21 f/m gold/ugh, 130 qp
thief was the same as f/m
at lvl 28 thief had 220 qp
haven't maxed qp yet for lvl 29 so not sure what total is.
(thief has gold/ugh as well)

vedwed

Replying to Topic 'Q

Post by vedwed »

22/21 ment 159 quirks, had them since lvl 17, not gained any since, and now am lvl 23

15/12 barb 0 quirks, rerolled and have not been able to gain any, and all were lost due to reroll, had 130 quirks at lvl 18 as a thief (before rr) also cannot gain quirks on this crit since reroll

17/15 healer, 31 quirks, not played this crit enough to have gotten more

Gold plan and UGH

*EDITED FOR LEVEL CHANGE*
Last edited by vedwed on Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Necron99

Post by Necron99 »

Lvl 27 222 quirks maxed...anyone got any idea what you can buy with 2 quirks?

Me either.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Innate Energy for the psi types...
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Tee

Post by Tee »

Okay iam lvl 22 i just have gold no ugh,lgh , i got gold acount on 10/07 , i gained a total of 37 qps. so say 2 months is that norma to only get 37 qp when others are getting 100+ ,oh ya i started getting them after i rested from 21 to 22
Money is either a good or bad influence according to the character of the person who posses it.... remember that you character is your destiny!

Necron99

Post by Necron99 »

Apparently, you can gain quirks past your maximum (as displayed on the FE) as long as you do not spend them...is this a bug?

vedwed

Post by vedwed »

Originally posted by Necron99

Apparently, you can gain quirks past your maximum (as displayed on the FE) as long as you do not spend them...is this a bug?
I got a reply from Brad stating that the maximums are incorrect, and he is workin on that, so pretty much when you get to the max you can gain then thats it, as soon as he can get it to display correctly it will be fixed.

Fin

Post by Fin »

Im still wondering if holding off resting until I can get all 200 innate energy points spent is a benefit or not. In cob you get the extra 400 HP after doing the quests, but they don't affect the HP max. The quirks that you spend on your stats do affect the maxes, so I'm a little confused.

Fin______STORM

Theldren

Post by Theldren »

The quirk system allows you to change your stats permentaly but the innate energy will 'float' ontop of your ep base like cob hp quests.

dodge

Post by dodge »

for the statistics: my quirk maxes:
got gold plan at the end of march 06 so quirk system was already up some time as i figured

thief w ugh lvl 14->70qp
16->80qp
ment wo gh lvl 1->2qp
ment w gh lvl 1->5qp

naturally i figured 5qp per lvl for ugh members and
2qp per lvl for only gold

some of you told about your quirkmax not being raised anymore. seems like your overmax. could be your quirkmax is just waiting till youve catched up with lvl. not sure though.

wish yall happy quirking