Quirk abuse

Known Issues and Comments
Nickstar

Quirk abuse

Post by Nickstar »

To all you whining little pricks out there get a life!!!

Right first of all You add all these Quirkes to the game,And had people test them.Then you add them too GH members which is fine.You say there will be bugs and some will need to be tweaked,which is fine.

So we play the game for hours and finally get enough quirke points and think hmmm ill try this quirke.

So you go to a area and try it out and find you hit very hard,then you try some other things and think this isnt right i better send a Email.

So next we are suppose to stop playing our character intill its fixed?

Are we not suppose to be testing these quirkes?

And if we are ,we have to stop when a bug occurs ,wait for it fixed,then play hours and hours again to get another quirke and find that bugged,so stop again?

I work two jobs and Sunday was my first day in weeks to grunt,i usually play In Mormar for hours.I was up at 6am and played for around 12 hours to get quirkes to try out.

So there aint no way im gonna give up my day off grunting because a quirke was bugged.

And if im rolled back its fine,but if u dont take into calculations for the hours i spent playing then i will be closing both my accounts after all these years.

i would hate to quit a game over doing Drakkar a favour by testing things.

Nickstar___ZAND

Esper

Replying to Topic 'Quirk abuse'

Post by Esper »

I'm curious, just how much exp, skill, and gold did you and your party gain while "testing" this? Care to share this information to justify this "testing" you've done?

You title this thread as "Quirk abuse" then claim that you are only testing a quirk. Nice one.

Nickstar

Post by Nickstar »

My point is Why should i cancel my exp day for a Bug.

And for your information i can play my thief solo in mormar for 50 to 60 meg a hour exp.

So being in a party i would expect to make close to the exp i did.For the time i was playing,not all of it but thats why i said rollback should be adjusted accordinly to normal gains for the time i played.

It wasnt my fault a boost to bstab became uber.(my main attack)

Nickstar___ZAND

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

there is testing, then there is going beyond testing
If Backstab was a thiefs only method, it would be one thing, but it's not. Granted it's the main but there are other options. Other theives quit when they realized something was wrong.

Probably nothing would have been said/done here if not for the fact that it seemed to move beyond "testing".

I am more than willing to discuss this in private, as I already have done with several players

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

atleast they didnt delete your lockers cause you had a few cob items lying around <g>

*Merlz* - already quit
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

i would hate to quit a game over doing Drakkar a favour by testing things.
This how you justify some people gaining 2 primal levels in the course of a day through the exploit? Anyway, it was sort of funny watching you one shotting all the m17 crits nick, and then having the rest of the party leech exp.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Longbeard

Post by Longbeard »

Drakkar tends to be overly serious.

Maybe game has too much grunting in it. So what if people gain something? So what if people max out? This is a game and people need to remember to enjoy it.

I don't play other online games and never have, just come here from time to time, when i have time. It's an "RPG" game and people should lighten up in regards to what "others do, or have done", does not endanger your welfare and should not take away form your recreational activity in the slightest.

But these are just my personal thoughts, not even game related.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

I am sure the bug abusers did enjoy it.
And as such, should enjoy the punishment also.

Yeti once said (for whatever bugs he abused) that he knew the consequences and had fun abusing them, and would do it again. If you know its a bug, you KNOW continuing to exploit that bug will result in a punishment, so Don't whine when you are punished.

As many know, some may not. My account was punished for having cobrahn items in nork. I took my punishment, and did not post in forums whining about it as some others did. I learned my lesson, maybe some others will learn a lesson also.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Originally posted by Nickstar

And if im rolled back its fine,but if u dont take into calculations for the hours i spent playing then i will be closing both my accounts after all these years.
Wait, the hours you spent abusing a bug right? I agree with Esper, just how much exp did your group make that day?

I didn't have a thief in my group as we went through Mormar, so I'm sure you weren't the only person in your party who could attack.
SIN

Reece

Post by Reece »

As I read this thread i say to you Nick, You get them dude:) It looks like brad is back to his iron fist, (aka " this is my game!!") I am very very sure there are many peeps out there with know bugs that have not notified anyone. So nick take heart, you are a very good friend and I support any action you are involved in, over any game.

Elessar

Post by Elessar »

Originally posted by Reece

It looks like brad is back to his iron fist, (aka " this is my game!!")
This thread is about a bug that had some thieves hitting impossibly hard on backstabs. Literally so hard it killed most lairs in one hit.. hundreds of thousands or even millions of damage in one backstab. Most people realized this was a serious bug and stayed away from it, and it was fixed as soon as possible. Some people abused it and seemingly exploited it for as much experience as they could get before it was fixed.

If Brad had done nothing, what effect does that have? What message does it send? In essence Brad would be punishing the players who chose not to abuse it, and sending the message that next time such a thing happens the players should get what they can from it while they can, because everyone else will be.

"Iron fist" would be deleting the characters who abused it. What was done was just what was absolutely necessary in my opinion.

Sand

Post by Sand »

Teehee. Just to show how effective the 'testing' was, I'll post on it!

11 person party in m17, 300m+ an hour. Several hours. Good going Nick, keep it up. Oh and thanks for contributing other 10 people!
Last edited by Sand on Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Necron99

Post by Necron99 »

Was the entire party rolled back, or just you Nick?

Doro

Post by Doro »

I love the "teehee" it shows complete contempt for the rules of Drakkar.

There are obviously more than one type of gamer here and they get their kicks in different ways.

The rules are there to let you know what IS acceptable and what ISN'T.
ho

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

I hope the entire party was rolled back. Partying with the bug abuser is just the same as abusing the bug themselves. I have no sympathy for those that were rolled back. You knew what you were doing. I would expect, at most, 10 rounds before you really realized it was a bug.
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

No, it wasn't just one player.
Last edited by Mars on Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

RyKnow

Post by RyKnow »

let me get this straight. Nick cought a bug, used it w/o telling anyone it was an add bug, also used it to help other people.... got cought... then got everyrthing he and everyone else attained from the bug 'rolled back'. correct? if i am... that seems fine... i dont see banning everyone involved a good choice.

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

It'd be nice if he had a little bit of xp/skill for his day, but not what he actually got due to the bug. Prehaps half of what he should have gotten in that day of play (an estimate that is). Just look at where he was partying for the most part.

Boramier

Post by Boramier »

My opinion:

If he wanted gains for his day he would have done it honestly instead of trying to take advantage of a bug.
He made a decision, unfortunately it was the wrong one.