Happy Hunting Everyone

General User Chat
Roland

Happy Hunting Everyone

Post by Roland »

About 10 days ago, I decided to quit Drakkar altogether, for various reasons.

In the past 10 days, I've thought alot about Drak of old and how it is today, doesn't have the same appeal to me as it used to, is quite the different game.

So, in short, this will be my last post in these forums and I'd like to thank everyone for the fun times in the past 6 years I've played Drakkar.

It has been a fun ride, but is now time for me to get off.

Thanks to everyone for everything , it has truely been an unforgettable experience that I will always cherish.

Happy Hunting,
Roland (a.ka. Casper)
SirRoland,
Follower of The Old Code
"Call what you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service are yours !"

Astra

Replying to Topic 'Happy Hunting Everyone'

Post by Astra »

Goodbye Rollie, keep in touch.

With so many of the 'old guard' leaving i wonder how long i will last when i get back :/

Doro

Post by Doro »

This is certainly worth a reply, just where it goes as I type it is anyone's guess.

How many new players are coming into the game and are willing to invest the amount of RL coin that we old timers have?

We paid for what we saw as an enjoyable game, we now pay to slog through Brads new scenarios (yes it's a slog, no enjoyment). We also pay to be abused by other players (directly or indirectly) unchecked for the most part.

When will Brad rethink his idea of what his paying customers want?
When will he ask us?

There is a new breed of player in the game, play hard, get all you can as fast as you can, not caring for the so called community and then burn out and quit.

Is this what everyone wants?
Is this what is good for the game?
Has anyone bothered to check just how many longterm players have left (I am sure it is a mighty figure)?

A heads-up from someone with influence over Brad's direction may be worth thinking about.

A shame that something so trivial has lost Rolly to us, it was the straw that broke the camel's back no doubt. Once more Rolly, you will be missed and I hope against hope that you will come back one day.

I see Rosey has gone too !

What is wrong with this game? People play for years and then leave, it must be ringing bells for someone?

Please feel free to PM me for further comments and suggestions for keeping the player base.

Not quite so ho ho anymore.

Edit: many typos as I mount my soapbox again.
Last edited by Doro on Tue May 03, 2005 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ho

Necron99

Post by Necron99 »

Hail Rolly!

You have given me the courage to venture from n-1.
Your join message in mIRC has wakened me on countless occasions.
Your unseen presence on my hex has saved me from many a Quazi.

Your selflessness, willingness to help and dedication to your fellow players will stand as your legacy.

You will be sorely missed.

All Hail Rolly...and Fare Thee Well!

Astra

Post by Astra »

I would definately be interested to see Brad's answers to doro's questions above

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

If only those of you knew the truth.
And one question For Roland

When will the ring you borrowed from us be given back?

Kanak

Post by Kanak »

This is the kind of tread I hate to see. Although methinks that after suffering withdrawals and a respite in eyecandy land that Roland may rethink his exit.

Looking at the users list, it would seem that the stategy to take Drak into the "New wave of gaming" isn't working. Catering to the same demographic as Multi-million dollar eyecandy has resulted in a large portion of the community being short time players. And long time players, that had taken years to make it to mid size, capping out quickly with little else to do.

There is a difference between a game, where you can cap it in a few months, and a game where you identify with your character. In an ancient time people tookk PRIDE in thier character and it's accomplishments. Skill/levels wern't absorbed from others work, gear was hard earned and knowledge and strategy were key (thoughts of lending out your crit was repugnant). The result was a civil community where folks just enjoyed playing.

DORO makes excellent points that shoud be addressed.

IMHO Draks play style should have been left in the era of its graphics...
That means catering to the origianl demographic. Real RPGers, with a vested interest in thier character, will play for years. They place more emphasis on reputation, pride of accomplishment and community than "how do I get big fast".

"I PLAY DRAK" should be synonymous with "you eyecandy, want it now wimp - you can't cut a real rpg".

Doro

Post by Doro »

Tirith, is it really worth posting your question to Roland?

I would be more than happy to give you MY ring if Rolly would come back.
Yes it was hard earned and greatly prized, but as we get bigger the lairs will become easier until such time that we can kill it at the drop of a hat (just as we now do in all the others scenarios).

Gear and items are insignificant to friendships.

There will always be more BL lairs to kill, not more Rolands.

btw, my offer to heal for your party still stands.

P.S. Whoever thought that we would be killing Lori for her YP when she was first hunted in Cob?
(I recall many many Sticks, Ments and Healers being needed to kill her and her taking many lives before she would drop her once valuable robe)
Last edited by Doro on Tue May 03, 2005 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ho

Necron99

Post by Necron99 »

Tirith, your reputation preceeds you.

'nuff said.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

Thank you for your wonderful comments.

Sadly, you both have no clue.

The reason Roland has decided to quit is because of his choice of actions that he would rather none of you know about. And although it is like that of you people to try to sling mud at me. I will dodge it and bow out gracefully. Just remember, don't jump to insult when you have no clue about what I speak of.

Also, I am very sorry Necron99, but I do not know of you. You are nothing to me. Lets leave it at that.

Doro

Post by Doro »

I see no mud slinging!

I try very hard NOT to start flame wars, please advise where I have offended you Tirith.
ho

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Yeah, tirith you chimp.

just go solo another bl stop wasting time here posting junk about Roland, that guy is my hero.

Roland never has done wrong and alway's know's what he's talking about. If you have any questions Roland has your answer.

Sad to see you leave Roland, you will be missed

haha

*Merlz*<-- know's what he'a taking about :P
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Twiztid

Post by Twiztid »

Roland, you will be severly missed. I hope you will reconsider. I know I am not on as much any more due to all the changes in the game but I will miss seeing, talking and hunting with you when I am on.

Yours truly,
Bethica_DMC
Last edited by Twiztid on Thu May 05, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I often fear that the sins in my past Will come back to haunt me, But the consequenses are more than I can bare

Merry

Post by Merry »

Bye Roland. Probably haven't hunted with you since way back when we were in the same guild but always enjoyed hunting/chatting with you back then.

Good Luck on wherever your gaming skills take you!

RyKnow

Post by RyKnow »

C'ya Rolly, hope ya have a good time being cured of 'drak fever' <G>. I dont think that not one person could change your mind on leaving, so i wont try. You take it easy friend.

darkaxe

Post by darkaxe »

Sorry to hear you are leaving drak. Thx for all your help. Good luck in the real world

Darkaxe