General User Chat
Brad
Admin
Admin

Game Changes

Post by Brad »

09-15-2003
-------------

- Thieves now receive a very large to hit/penetrate bonus if they are HIDDEN, NOT
targeted by the creature, and are facing in the SAME direction as the creature (IE
facing their back). I will be tuning this !
- MA JUMPSTRIKE now receives a very large to hit/penetrate bonus (i will definetly
be tuning this). It isnt scaled yet for level, it just does the top end each time,
this will probably be modified to do less at low skill, and more at high skill.
- You can no longer "teleport" into solid objects

Brad
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'Game Changes'

Post by Brad »

We put most of the game fixes that had been tested on nameless up into the other scenarios today. One important thing to note, is that some NPCs may end up with energyspear.

We will evaluate each case and determine if its something out of balance.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

08-16-2004
-------------

- The alt2 sash trader works
- Hitos and Permos should no longer randomly lock you up ( finally ).
- The survival trainer is now very picky about who he considers his best customers.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

09-20-2004
--------------

- At 51st level barbarians gain the ability to "ARG out" a full powered swing as their first attack. This also applies to rounds where they lose control doing another action.
- MA abilities "Bear Claw" , "Tiger Claw", "Griffon Claw", "Dragon Claw", are now in the correct order, and named correctly. IE "Tiger" has more of a to hit than "Bear", "Griffon" has 1 more attack than "Tiger" (and has a discipline effect that isnt working apparenly yet, let me know if you see it)", and "Dragon" has one more attack than "Griffon". (The upgrades went mainly to griffon and dragon)

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

9/27/04

- Trying a new form of area regen, for area generated creatures, please report any
generation quirks

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

10-04-2004

- NL now has its own high speed server
- DB software has been upgraded
- Corpse decay rate has been increased
- NL Forge area is now more populated
- Many NL lair crits now regen much faster
- Many adv/primal discs have been copied to other servers
- Basic creature spawn now has a small random factor on the round count
- Nork now has basic level minimums on a lot of equipment ( we will be rounding this out ). If the numbers seem out of wack to someone who could do the event in a group, please let us know.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

COMING NEXT WEEK

November 22nd 2004 - There will be an extended reset starting at about 8am for a major upgrade to host software, a big upgrade to NL, and some frontend fixes.

NL players will need to get the frontend at that time, as some of the quests will require it.

If nothing explodes, downtime should be about 2 hours.
Last edited by Brad on Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

11-22-2004
--------------

Scenario wide server update - Please report oddities to a sysop or help@drakkarzone.com

get www1.drakkarzone.com/beta/drakkar.exe and roller.exe (The new drakkar.exe is only needed for those running the 24bit version of FE)

Roller: Fixed crash bug on mouse wheel

Drakkar.exe:
- Fixed a few crash bugs, still may have the SP2 crash bugs.
- You can now utilize items in your inventory, that have primal effects on them, by
right clicking on them ( as you would do if they were in your hands )
- "Assembled" items may not be right clicked on to see if there are any parts to auto
assemble from your inventory.
- A bug which prevented your settings from being saved should be fixed
- Other minor fixes

Nameless Land
-----------------

- Healer duration damage discs now stack
- Several missing tiers of disciplines have been added to the game
- Some lair encounters are now more difficult. Primarily albron and the labrat
- Fluidic diamonds are now available as random drops in deep mormar
- Fluidic bars of akronium are now available in the game
- The Nameless Summoner quests/Lord Summoner quests are now active. These
can be done independentally.
- A new type of quest type has been introduced, where you must "assemble" books or
scrolls from pages. To do this, hold the binder in your hand, and put them pages
in your sack. If you right click on the book, it will assemble whatever pages that can
be assembled in order, others will be left in your sack. If you double click the book
it will show you the active pages.
- A new type of quest drop has been introduced, where you must be at that stage of a
quest to be able to locate certain items ( you have to be told how to find them )
- Many of the mormar levels have been cleaned up to fix inaccessible space. Please notify us if quest npcs still manage to find these spaces.
- Several NPC movement bugs have been fixed
- Several visual map errors have been corrected

(Later in the day)
- Found a huge problem with some lair creatures where they were checking YOUR variables instead of their own ( smile ). Corrected.
- Can now have disciplines that affect weapon block penetrations

Keep checking back, there were so many fixes I am sure this isnt all of them, i'll be adding more.
Last edited by Brad on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Grab

www1.drakkarzone.com/beta/drakkar.exe

If you are having the crash_on_enter problem with mouse movement. It fixes it on my test box, please drop me some feedback.

Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

12-13-2004
--------------

- Several host side bug fixes dealing with lockups, still haven't found the between scenario twig issue, but have code in to find it
- Added a several new sysop commands for doing events
- MORMAR has had the creature health greatly reduced, and hitting power and armor has been scaled way back. Hopefully we can get this dungeon geared more towards the drakkar slaughterfest we all have come to love
- "special" item drops increased in mormar ( the level based items )
- Foreman now has his full complement of skill based tiers,
( A note, the paladin version does not give a message when used on an invalid
target, we are working on this.. paladin version works on evil creatures )
- Feedback is welcome *AFTER* you have done proper testing
- The final encounter is not functional yet, if you get that far, please don't be
discouraged, i'm waiting for some artwork.

- New guild creation is now open!!
- Follow these instructions:
- Email mars@drakkarzone.com with the USERNAME of your FOUR PAYING MEMBERS
They must not have any characters in any other guilds. Mars will set up a time
to tag from that. You must include a 4 letter name for your guild ( up to four ).
- New guilds are on probation for 90 days. If the paying customer count drops below
4 during that period, your guild will be removed

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

01-24-2004
-------------

- A restriction which prevented some psionic abilities ( non primal ) from growing powerful past level 30 has been removed. Please let me know if this causes
undo game balance problems with disciplines (especially imbue, enchant, etc)
- (More in the nameless section)

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

02/21/05

In a sweep of construction prowess, the engineers of Nork have constructed a personal guild hall for every active guild. Donations can be forwarded to the Nork Construction Union's local 101

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

04/18/2005

- A few bug fixes
- The mormar access trials are now slightly easier
- Made some map changes to get ready for the NL end encounter
- Got the first bids back for making the creature artwork 24 bit.. WOWSA

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

04/25/2005
-------------

- Added code to attempt to make "pages" "number" themselves after an attempt has been made to place them in the book they come from. Just stick them in your sack/person, click on the object, let it look through everything, then look at the pages, they should be numbered. (Please report problems)

- I'll be having a "new creature" appear in nameless, to help me test the final game encounter. I want the final encounter to go smooth, so i'm going to have the players help me tune a portion of the encounter, piece by piece. Anyone is welcome to try the creature out, but remember its for final encounter level people. ( More info on this later )

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

04/27

Trying a fix for the large_zoo_creature_name bug on alt2 and NL, please let me know what you find.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

05/23/05
-----------

NL - NL Final Encounter staging area is in. Summoner is in, still doing a bit of testing in the test game before the encounter will activate however.

As per our conference:

- You now get 10megs more per bank for basic GH access, and another 10 for advanced GH access
- I've switched the merkon combat ring with an amulet. Play this out, let me know what you think, and we will decide if its permanent
- I've made the lich encounter more challenging ( not necessarily harder ), to balance the power of its drop. Once again, feedback is good
- Through the invasionary powers of the playerbase, a new banker has set up shop in NL.. though, he has stated quite clearly that if his life is threatened, he will bolt.
- Titan bone drop rates have been doubled in the forges
- NL now has a "recommended" minimum skill level of 25, and a "recommended" experience level of 30. This means you are welcome to play there BEFORE then, but you will not receive any of the NL skill or exp bonuses. If you already HAVE a skill above 25, the system recognizes this and doesnt penalize you ( so if your skilling a secondary you shouldnt see a problem ). We can adjust these numbers, they are just first steps
Last edited by Brad on Mon May 23, 2005 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

05-30-2005 Remember Memorial Day!
--------------------------------------

- The "autoseller" in cobrahn now recognizes the new coin limit for guild halls, please
let me know if there are any problems
- The training chit seller now recognizes the extended bank limit
- After long negotiations with the thieves guild, a seller has moved into a secure
location in NL. His presence is tenuous at best.
- Two new quests for improving your NL killer weapons have been introduced into
mormar.
- Fixed a pathing bug with creature movement that was causing them to get hung up
on walls
Last edited by Brad on Mon May 30, 2005 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

06-06-2005
--------------

- The final encounter in nameless is in! Scaling and tuning will be time consuming, so please be patient, and have fun!.
--- The treasure from the encounter tunes to the person starting the quest
--- The person may finish the quest only once
--- If the player is offline when the creature dies, they must log in to retrieve their
treasure.
- Many lair crits in NL are now "evil", to allow for more of the anti-evil disciplines to be more effective. This will cause side effects, please be patient and help us debug them.
- Added some code to help prevent multiple spawns of the rift guardian. If this continues to happen, please help us debug it by giving us accurate step by step info.

Good luck, and be careful out there!
Last edited by Brad on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

06/13/2005
-------------

- Put up a test 24bit installation, that shouldnt have some of the problems with running out of disk space that the current 24bit installer does.

If you get a chance, please try to download and install

http://www1.drakkarzone.com/beta/dv20new.exe

Please try installing it, and let me know what problems you have ( please also note your operating system when you report issues ).

Email problems to help@drakkarzone.com, subject = NEW INSTALLER (in caps)

Thanks!
Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

06/27/2005
-------------

- The largest single quest addition has been made to nork. Low to mid level quests, and two low to mid level lair encounters. (alt2 only)

- The NeoMarcus hammer has had its damage increased pretty significantly ( not existing ones, new ones he creates ) (alt2 only)
Last edited by Brad on Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

08/15/2005
-------------
(grab www1.drakkarzone.com/beta/dv20.exe)

- Thiefs now receive the VENOM discipline
- Thiefs now receive the DISEASE discipline

- Items can no longer be completely destroyed by decay and decaying effects. Paladins, let me know if there is any wierdness with your 'armorstrike' ability.

- Fighter/mentalists now gain skill at the same rate as their fighter/paladin counterparts
- Healer primals are now ASSAULT damage based instead of ENMISS damage based
- Fixed an enormous bug which made attack skills over 30 equate to 10 skill levels per every skill level in attack rolls, retuned mormar (only real affected dungeon)
- Items in the left hand, that arent designed to be used from there no longer contribute armor ( this has been disabled for now, except for AC providing items, until we get some new items in the game)

- Every active guild should now have its own guild hall
- fixed update timers on primal disciplines
- Calming rate of barbs by powerful creatures has been halved
- Clan/Battle/Enraged cry have a shorter recycle time
- Clan/battle cry have had their agility penalties removed
- Enraged cry now has an offensive damage component
- Divergent Essence has had both its recycle time reduced and its per round Energy penalty reduced.

- Creatures who are "friendly" by fealty standing should now register as friendly, even if they are evil
- Can activate psionic items from inventory slots now
- Party experience upgraded so up to four players receive full experience
- Fixed desert, lava, grass, water, snow terrain tiles not to have "lines" in them ( thanks flisk )

- Fixed a bug which caused scenario switches to lock up or disconnect you ( make sure you have latest lobby and FE)
- The "aging" effect of death has been reduced,
- A "rot" penalty on your equipment's condition if you let yourself rot, and a minor damage penalty is applied when you die for any reason
- Function keys in the FE should work correctly on XP, earlier versions may not be able to use F11 and F12

- Several robes in NL have had their animations reactivated
- New artwork as been added for an upcoming event
- Several new shield artwork pieces have been added in preperation for upcoming shields
- Quirks are in place but disabled ( you wont see them yet ), but we can start some testing

- ** new creature art ** The first sheet of new creature art, mainly encompassing nork dungeon creatures, is now in game. There are still some "black lines" and "blacked out views", we will be running those down as we go. Enjoy!
Last edited by Brad on Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

- Fixed a problem with ARMORDAMAGE weapons and abilities doing hundreds of times more armor damage than desired.
- Greatly reduced regular melee armor damage

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

- More bug fixes from the huge version update, couple crash bugs
- Fixed three more scaling problems with weapon damage

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

With the power outage I went ahead and put up a new version:

- Fixed the SCRY and SENSE TWIG bug with the latest FE
- Reduced the amount of damage armor damaging attacks and weapons do to a more reasonable value.
- Fixed a bug with FF
- Age reduction quirks now work

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

09/12/05 - More tweaking on quirk gain. I've added some scenario specific paramters to help me monitor and dish out quirks better. It all looks pretty good, may turn it on for real late this week or monday.