Buying/Selling of Drakkar "items"

Need to talk to a sysop? Here is a good place to start.
Mars
Admin
Admin

Buying/Selling of Drakkar "items"

Post by Mars »

It has come to my attention that items are possibly being sold for real money.

I will quote a section of the Terms of Service here so there is no misunderstanding

"5. You agree that the games or other content on DrakkarZone may be modified or removed by DrakkarZone at any time, with or without notice. You further agree that advancement in DrakkarZone games and products are for entertainment purposes only, and that you will not buy from or sell to others assistance in advancement in said products; including, but not limited to in-game items, experience points or other tangible or non-tangible products. You further agree that you will be the sole operator of your online personas, present at the computer at all times, and that you will not use automated scripting tools to control them."

Bottom line, if we find out about it, your account (buyer and seller) can be permanently locked. It will not be tolerated here on Drakkarzone.

Drip

Further

Post by Drip »

And if a player 'allows' someone else to run their crit they are breaking the same rule numebr 5?

You all know it happens all the time.

saucon21

Replying to Topic 'Buying/Selling of Drakkar

Post by saucon21 »

Why not go one step more and stop people for Stealing lairs for in game cash.

Posted BY Drip :

And if a player 'allows' someone else to run their crit they are breaking the same rule numebr 5?

It is somewhere in the rules is all i know, but it seems to me they inforce the rules they want

lalasushi

Post by lalasushi »

because when doing it for in game cash it has nothing to do with buying/sellin sumtin that dont belong to us, if u sell items in drakkar for rl money, ur selling sumtin that belongs to drakkarzone to sum1 when its not yours to sell, thats their argument. Called theft heh

Morgar

Post by Morgar »

The issue of buying drak items for real cash was a big problem back in classic. With only one alt, no cob and no aleria, it was nearly impossible to find any lair that wasn't being farmed on a regular basis. It ruined the game for many people. I, for one, would hate to see a return to that situation. Its bad enough that people farm lairs for coin, especially when coin is so plentiful in cob, returning to what happened in classic would only hurt drak. I'm glad to see the sysops taking a hard stand on the issue, but would be even happier if they were more public about it. The don't have to point fingers or name names. Just an announcement every so often that player xyz was banned for selling drak items would deter many a would be gear farmer from selling for cash.

- Morgar

Useful Drakkar files for Heros and Cowards: http://www.northernwebs.com/drakkar

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

You further agree that you will be the sole operator of your online personas, present at the computer at all times,
we all know that doesnt happen.

If that rule was enforced, how many people have acounts that are not theires but from players that have left drakkar quite sometime ago, if brad enforced this rule he'd probably loose money.

So enforce rules that make most money, not sense.

*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Frost

Post by Frost »

Actualy Merl what happens is the account dont matter the owner is the one paying for it. I doubt that if someone leave they keep paying. They usualy hand it off to a friend and the friend pays for the account. but if a guild all chips in money to pay for it they all have ownership of it and there is no way around it.

So there are always was to change the owner.

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

you skipped the phrase that says it is non tranferrable :P

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Update:

2 accounts are currently enjoying a time out period for being involved in the selling of in game items for RL cash.

As I said, we will not tolerate this type of action.

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

Originally posted by Mars_Sysop
Bottom line, if we find out about it, your account (buyer and seller) can be permanently locked. It will not be tolerated here on Drakkarzone.
Originally posted by Mars_Sysop
Update:
2 accounts are currently enjoying a time out period for being involved in the selling of in game items for RL cash.
As I said, we will not tolerate this type of action.
permanently locked to a "time out"? what happened?
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

euphemisms?
(or did i spell that totallly wrong? :))
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Read what I typed.

Can be does not equate to will be. It is an option, yes
but other measures are used as well.

Morgar

Post by Morgar »

Actually a time out isn't a bad idea. Say if the "time out" period was something on the order of five years or so. :D

I'd like to see more strigent enforcement of the rules. But if there is one thing I've learned about drak, there are the rules which are applied uniformly to the general player population and then there are the rules which are applied to a select few. So I reckon a time out is the best anyone can hope for...

- Morgar

Useful Drakkar files for Heros and Cowards: http://www.northernwebs.com/drakkar

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

don't really think selling lairs should be good because what if you are selling a lair and you start fighting and have to go?Sysop 'l come and you lose:(

PieterPost

Post by PieterPost »

That really is a remarkable insight.

Nemesis