Incentive program

General User Chat
Brad
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'Incentive program'

Post by Brad »

Good points ouch.

Just to clear up some of your points, I'm not looking for a "need money now" thing, I'm just looking to get some new blood in, to expand out the customer base, get some of that "level 1" excitement back that comes when there are lots of newbies asking advanced players questions (they say it bugs them but they sure seem to enjoy it).

Its always good to have fresh blood coming in with fresh ideas and enjoying the early areas of the game. To be honest, it keeps me grounded.

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

So what exactly is the size limit on the ignore list?

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Originally posted by Yeti

im all for being able to earn a name change, lol

-Yetz, wanting to be Yeti again :/
i agree
~Dragonslaye (no typo :> )
Last edited by Dragonslayer on Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Jester

Post by Jester »

The reward I would most wish for, is for you to get my boss, wife, and kids off my back so I would actually have enough time to play the game.

Jester
Jester

SELECT * FROM db.USERS where clue > 0
go
0 records returned...

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Okay, here is what i'm looking at doing:

1) Create an incentive program, where you get a "link" to either put on your web site, or that you can email you friends and have them click
2) This link will (if they dont delete their cookies, etc), track them through the signup process and assign you to their account as their sponsor
3) When they sign up for the first month, i will flag them as "from you" (IE when they purchase their first subscription).
4) Once i'm sure they are "legit" (say 3 consecutive months with no CC chargebacks, or instant if prepaid), i'll give you 'X' "DrakBucks".
5) Every month they STAY a member, i'll give you some drak bucks also

- Now, for the incentive program, as i'm viewing it now

1) I'll have a "Drak Buck Store" where you can trade your drak bucks in for
- Credit on your account
- Free drakkar merchandise (see below)
- Name changes
- User name changes
- the OCCASIONAL detailed customer service request (Hey, i lost my XXX somewhere, can you find it for me)

Drakkar Merchandise i'm looking into:

1) Mouse pads (these look SHARP, i'm commisioning an artist to do a "modern" drakkar image for us
2) Maps (the cobrahn and aleria maps
3) Drakkar Coffee mugs (i actually took the sample one to my real job.. haha boy some comments there.. they look good, feel nice and solid for you coffee drinkers)
4) A gold plated "drakkar coin" for those who have achieved certain things in the game (not sure how i would verify this at the moment)
5) Drakkar TShirt
6) Drakkar knit shirts

I figure I would just put a drakkar bucks price on the merchandise, and you could get "free stuff" for signing your friends up.

I could also put a real dollar price on stuff also if you wanted to buy it directly (though i think its better as an incentive)

I think these meets everyons concerns about not messing up the game.

Comments?

Tbjorn

Post by Tbjorn »

The Drak bucks Idea sounds great Brad. BTW, where is my Bottled Water?

Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

at the fate pools. :p

Longbeard

Post by Longbeard »

Sounds good. Too good.

You see Brad in new FE my character does not look like anything important that he used to be (Mountain dweller) so i am looking for good reasons to play (need important look)
If you let me have a horse to ride in drakkar that would be something i would pay for, maybe will have to slim down for that too, become an elf of sorts.

But please, consider a priveledge of riding horses : )
Where did idea of dufferent looks that were exp level dependant go? I mean a Montain dweller thief of level 35 should not look same as a plane begginer, need bigger nouse and some more weight under the belt i would say!

Ragnoker

Post by Ragnoker »

The one thing I think I do not agree with is crit name changes unless they were changed after entered into game.

EG: Crit named Thiefy changed to Tliefy by a bugged Slicer.

I can see very possible abuse by someone collecting Drak bucks, causing havoc with that crit then getting a name change to hide from the ones whom they abused.

I know you can say you can check the logs for the abuse but how could you inform all the abused when I know not all read the forums or monitor DZ chat ?

Ragnoker_PHNX :D
The former mountain dweller barb now re-rolled city dweller barb who is dissapointed that a race change was not mentioned by Brad in his last post :(
http://www.phoenixguild.net
"What -- Me Worry?"

Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

If name changes were to be allowed (versus name fixes) then everyone should be informed ... the bulletin board south of SF would be a good place to post.

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

Agreed, Drak Bucks sounds great, maybe some additional bonuses for signing on 5, 10, 25! friends... Here's a silly little idea, say you get X$ in Drak Bucks you can buy a "magic lamp" from the DBS (Drak Bucks Store) and out of the lamp pops Brad/Pax/Randy and will answer one Question for you like... "Is the mausoleum quest active?"
Putting real dollar amounts would also be nifty because if my friends don't play for 3 months I would still like a t-shirt, coffee mug, bottled water, map, etc etc...
Communication End.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

I wasnt really clear on the "3 month thing"

They wouldnt have to be a MEMBER for 3 months, I would just wait 3 months before crediting you, in case they reversed the CC charges, or it was fraudulent

Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

Sooooooo theoretically ... if they signed up & paid but canceled after one month, two monthes later (after you're sure you get to keep the money) you'll credit the Drak bucks?

Sounds like a good system ... the link to flag an account ... would that have to be done BEFORE actually creating drak account? ... Not sure my buddy knows my game name.
Last edited by Ambrose on Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

It would be done by the URL you have him click on to hit the web site

(Assuming he doesnt mess up his cookies)

Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

ick ... he is very slovenly about his cookies ... eats them without milk ... disgusting ... he'll prolly roll a barb

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Old topic, now a pet project of mine.

I thought I would bring out the old ideas, let folks refresh their memories and see what we can come up with.

Let's keep it constructive, please.

Thank you in advance.

Omni
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

If Brad felt good about it, I would be willing to create a small assortment of graphics (maybe 40 tops) players could opt to have one of their existing items 'morphed' into, as one of the rewards for 'Drak Bucks.'

Although the actual implementation might cause a minor headache, I'll leave the offer standing, for the time being.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Thanks Darge. That would be great. I have quite a pile of ideas, maybe we'll chat soon :)

Omni

PieterPost

Post by PieterPost »

First off: great idea to bring this thread up again, we need more (new) blood for sure.

Before I actually sit down and bother to conceive of and type out a comprehensive incentive scheme though, could you confirm you have programming time backing from Brad? I skimmed the thread to refresh my memory and it seems there are already a lot of good and quite workable ideas out there, yet to my knowledge nothing has happened in the past 4 years in this area.

To speak plainly, is this going to be a waste of everyone's time again, or is something actually going to happen if we come up with something good?

Nemesis

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Brad gave me the thumbs up to spearhead this.

Does he realize what he has gotten himself into? Probably not. ;)

But I can't believe that Brad would NOT want more customers and more loot.

Omni

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Does the tracking even work? i got 3 new customers for him through my referal link a few years ago.

To be honest i'd just like to see more blood(get it?) in the game, this is a great game and once you get to know it/people it can provide years of entertainment.

For darges graphic change, maybe not a different graphic but a animated version of the current? I'd live to see that.

Is there anything else we can collect 'drakbucks' from other than referals?(amount of verified leads perhaps?)

Let me sell drakkar gold on ebay brad <G> you'd get a load more hits! the 4% DrakPal commission would be a killer haha

I'll have a think while i should be working tomorrow :)

*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Tuceg

Replying to Topic 'I

Post by Tuceg »

Okay, here is what i'm looking at doing:

1) Create an incentive program, where you get a "link" to either put on your web site, or that you can email you friends and have them click
2) This link will (if they dont delete their cookies, etc), track them through the signup process and assign you to their account as their sponsor
3) When they sign up for the first month, i will flag them as "from you" (IE when they purchase their first subscription).
4) Once i'm sure they are "legit" (say 3 consecutive months with no CC chargebacks, or instant if prepaid), i'll give you 'X' "DrakBucks".
5) Every month they STAY a member, i'll give you some drak bucks also

- Now, for the incentive program, as i'm viewing it now

1) I'll have a "Drak Buck Store" where you can trade your drak bucks in for
- Credit on your account
- Free drakkar merchandise (see below)
- Name changes
- User name changes
- the OCCASIONAL detailed customer service request (Hey, i lost my XXX somewhere, can you find it for me)

Drakkar Merchandise i'm looking into:

1) Mouse pads (these look SHARP, i'm commisioning an artist to do a "modern" drakkar image for us
2) Maps (the cobrahn and aleria maps
3) Drakkar Coffee mugs (i actually took the sample one to my real job.. haha boy some comments there.. they look good, feel nice and solid for you coffee drinkers)
4) A gold plated "drakkar coin" for those who have achieved certain things in the game (not sure how i would verify this at the moment)
5) Drakkar TShirt
6) Drakkar knit shirts

I figure I would just put a drakkar bucks price on the merchandise, and you could get "free stuff" for signing your friends up.

I could also put a real dollar price on stuff also if you wanted to buy it directly (though i think its better as an incentive)

I think these meets everyons concerns about not messing up the game.

Comments?
I think all above stated by Brad were phenomenal ideas and although written 5 years ago, are just as good now as they were then. Him implementing any of these (especially credit on account, user name changes, and detailed customer service requests) would be good.

Few new ideas I have to post would be to make a new section of nork CH for those who have brought in x number of people, maybe 10, that would have special features for those people. Such as give 45m check once per month, purchase reveal, liminv, critcure scrolls or twigs, and maybe even a hp doc that gives you 5 free hps per month that were lost due to eat or lair deaths.
Last edited by Tuceg on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen, it is a disagreeable custom to which one is too easily led by harshness of the discussions, to assume evil intentions. It is necessary to be gracious as to intentions; one should believe them good, and apparently they are; but we do not have to be gracious at all to inconsistent logic or to absurd reasoning. Bad logicians have committed more involuntary crimes than bad men have done intentionally."

Pierre S. du Pont, Deputy from Nemours to the French National Assembly during the French Revolution.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Thanks folks for adding to this thread, please keep the ideas coming.

It is my hope to have some of my ideas up here sometime this weekend.

Omni

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Has anyone actually verified that the incentive program works correctly for them? I never got much feedback in that area. if it actually works, we can track and implement some simple benefits even during the test period.

(IE when you get your report, does it seem right)

Brad

soullessdemon

Post by soullessdemon »

i belve it would be a great addition to the game ,and can be more of an incntave for playing paid