Valentine's Event Expansion

Omni
Admin
Admin

Valentine's Event Expansion

Post by Omni »

Valentine's Day holiday event expansion is running in Alt-2!

Opinions, comments, etc please.

Issues List with the Event:

1. The BNR & SNR drops need to be adjusted down, drops are far too heavy. However, they should not be impossible to find either.

2. There is currently a graphics bug in alt-2 only.

3. The valentine graphics will apparently 'vanish' if you change alts. The item has not disappeared, only the graphic has. If you return to alt-2 the graphic will re-appear. Once Brad corrects the graphics, this will be resolved.

4. Cupid's bow is NOT currently in the event. Sorry for the confusion. I intentionally did not have Cupid spawn with the bow so as not to mislead folks.

Why? - The bow just doesn't work. I had a specific goal for the bow and there seems to be old code issues which prevent it from working properly. The quest for the bow is not active, however it will be one of the additions for next year (good luck, you'll need it). Simply adding stats and +'s doesn't work, the bow ends up being over or under-powered for players and event items really need to be useful to at least a large population of players.

So as to avoid wasting Darge's hard work, I will be holding an event next weekend with several versions of the bow as the prize. Details to follow.

A word on my event:
This was my first attempt at a permanent addition to the live game. A lot of what I did was actually simple and basic in comparison to what others have done before. I still have a good amount to learn about how everything really works, so there will be a few rough edges yet. I thank everyone for their patience and appreciate the feedback from players who 'discover' things I have hidden and take the time to let me know about them. There were a few small bugs I did not anticipate and you have been very helpful.

Remember: I will always value Honesty and Integrity in my dealings with players.

Please know that as I get better at this, I will be increasing the 'depth' of my work. This means you will need to put your thinking caps on in order to figure out what is hidden beneath the surface of the event. The thinkers, testers and guessers will over time find greater rewards for their efforts. I only hope they are able to keep their discoveries to themselves and let others work as hard as they have!

Omni

vedwed
Title: THE MAD MENT

Re: Valentine's Event Expansion

Post by vedwed »

:D is cool so far, but I havent figured it all out yet
Last edited by vedwed on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Amazing! I loved everything you incorporated into it. Haven't found the bow yet, but I love Cupid's comment about Mars.

Edit -

Just a little more to say. Sad the bow isn't in, hehe. Spent forever trying to get it. I loved how you brought hunting areas that are hardly used back into the game, spawning the ninjas in three was good too. Loved hunting in m4, m3, Chaos Caves, and DT. The BNR and SNR was just awesome to see and have them drop, I turned on legacy for that, haha. The artwork was good, nice job Leif.

Cupid was a neat NPC, he had those little easter eggs, and he was very personal. I liked seeing the other NPCs around Nork alt 2 all grumpy before you find Cupid's arrows, and after are all hit with the love bug, lol.

Looking foward to other expansions, and if they're as good as this, I'll be very pleased. =)

Great Job again Omni!
Last edited by Teh_Cheat on Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Good first event expansion.

Certain regen spots were almost always open and very nice rewards. Very 'flavorful' too.

Looking forward to the next expansion.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

I agree. This expansion was fun and not tedious. Good job!

Migam

Post by Migam »

Definitely enjoying the event as well as better BNRs (which I still rely on in advanced game). When I find I'm playing past midnight and forget I work the next day, that's entertainment!

Looking forward to further testing all drops.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

More notes (smile)

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

you should keep it up untill i get paid so i can get a bunch of bnrs :P

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Well this event is now over.

Should be even more interesting next year :-)

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

have something big planned for us?

Tnem
Title: Lord

Post by Tnem »

Im ever so slightly annoyed that the time of the event wasn't posted in this forum, I missed it when i really wanted to attend this event. I now know that you put it in dz topic, but ive hardly logged in the last week and never look at the title as it normaly says when reset is. Would it have been so much work to post the time here, i never get to attend sysop events due to living in the UK, and just when there is one i can i miss it cause badly informed.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

This event lasted for well over a week and it was posted in the forums.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

He's talking about the Cupid's Bow Event.

It was well put up though. Over 50 people showed up for the event.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

only place i read about it though was in system message but many people dont read that so i agree it would have been nice in the forums but the event happened and you missed it it has been the system message for several days now plenty of time to have glanced at it and noticed that there was an event today