Guild Tagging Rights

Mars
Admin
Admin

Guild Tagging Rights

Post by Mars »

Once a guild has been created and 2 players tagged, it is the guilds responsibility to ensure those tagging rights remain active in the guild.

If a tagger leaves, they need to ensure they transfer the rights to an active player.

The standard for taggers is 2 per guild. Within reason, I will stick to this.

Please do not approach me asking for tag rights, I can not give them out. It takes the approval of the guild leaders (current taggers), one of them must transfer the rights to you.
If I got into the habit of just giving tag rights to whoever asked, chaos can reign. There have been instances in the past where someone obtained rights and immediately started removing tags from those they didn't like and tagged a whole bunch of people who didn't even ask. At that point the only option left to us was to disband the guild and remove tags from everyone, This is not a step we want to take.

Please be responsible and dedicated to your guild and ensure it remains an active one.

Martialarts

Re: Guild Tagging Rights

Post by Martialarts »

But We Like bothering you!

Seems there should be a way to make sure a guild tagger that leaves, That one of the current playes can assume that role.. Does not need to be a secret socity.. Just a thought Mars..

Or maybe the leader current gets the right no matter what, maybe a automatic response of some type once identfied as the leader by each member doing some sort of action..

Guilds come and go by the current rule. Not sure how we can fix this but seems to me should be a way..

I am just kicking around ideas.. Thanks
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Migam

Post by Migam »

My guild has 2 taggers as well, my GL doesn't play anymore so it's just me tagging. He gave me tagrights knowing I'd never abuse it and I was honored by that trust. I wouldn't be happy if I came back and some unknown cheaply got tagrights while me or GL were away, tagging all their buds.

If I thought I was going to quit forever, I'd contact my GL and either transfer the rights to his alt account or ask him which guildee should I pass the rights to. It is our guild but he is the GL, he is the last word as far as guild matters go and if he chose to take over all the rights and detag those slots, the tag ceases to exist (and it's fairly old).

If I died (don't celebrate too loudly), I have a backup plan so he would receive my pw to log in and transfer rights and he's not gonna moan about spending $4.50 to do so. This is what you do when you care enough about game and guild. I actually think about this even if it pisses off my wife. Otherwise, how would he go about getting another tagger account? As GL with a tag though, I'm sure he has less of an issue.

I agree with MA as far as rights going back to GL account. I hope there is a rule for that. Whatever led to Mars needing to post this, I'm guessing whoever had an issue didn't meet the minimum reqs. This can happen to you, start planning now.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

Making too big of a deal over enforcing outdated rules. Mars your not helping anyone by limiting people with guild tagging rights. Various lost guilds are only gone because of this unnecessary rule. If someone legitimately has ties to a lost guild and would like to spark it up again I fail to see the problem with allowing this. These rules that are being enforced aren't doing anyone any favors and aren't doing anything for Drakkar except denying lost guilds from ever resurfacing. Being told that you have to contact and old player with tagging rights and get them to pay for a game to log in and pass you rights when they in most cases have not played or even thought about Drakkar for multiple years doesn't work and just keeps unseen old guilds tucked away forever.

Their needs to be some sort of time out period for example, if said tagging rights account is unpaid for a period longer than 24 months tagging rights can be acquired by a currently active guild member.

Or petition for guild tagging ability on forums if no other member of the guild object to the request in a reasonable time frame allow the person petitioning to have tagging rights.

Let old members of lost guilds to spark up their old guilds if they want too.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

I never said they had to pay, I said contact them.
Within reason, if a guildleader contacts me directly, tag rights can and have been provided.
As I stated above, the giving of rights without GL Knowledge has led to problems in the past.

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

I understand your point of causing problems in the past. But I feel like a guild shouldn't die because its leaders at the time quit. If a guild tagger is AWOL for a extended period of time procedures should be created so that the members of this guild can continue keeping there guild active. A lot of these players with tagging rights are next to impossible to get in touch with and their negligence to drakkar is cause enough for there tagging rights to be forfeited. If you want to remain a leader of a guild I feel you actually need to be leading, if they aren't going to do it let someone else.

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Seems this is not the case at all. I was under the impression a Guild that has creators should be allowed
to get back tag rights. This is not the case also seems a guild that has been gone for a long time and one
of the 4 creators of the guild should be able to open that guild and get tag rights.. Of course with in reason.

Just seems arcane that guilds that have been around and stood the test of time should be able to live on.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Since this has come up again.

If you can contact one of the current taggers of the guild, it is their responsibility to log in and transfer the tag rights.
As stated before, guilds are limited to a normal of 2 taggers. some guilds have more that 6. If the current tagger is available, I will not add another tagger because the guild wants one.
If every effort is made to contact the current taggers is unsuccessful, then I will consider adding another, but there are limits, we do not want every member of a guild to be a tagger. We do not want to give tagger/leader rights to just anyone who asks.