Is energyshield capped?

Nork Forum
nunnbt473

Is energyshield capped?

Post by nunnbt473 »

I was testing some things in alt 1 nork

FP, Lvl 5 3/3 ES ring, skill 21 ment's ES.

FP appears to have 35 'special ES' or damage mitigation (DM). The ring 25 pts ES.
FP and the spell OR ring stack.
If the spell and ring are used, the higher ( or spell, hard to tell) seems to take priority.

Using skill 11 +4 kobold staff I was hitting my thief for 12-66 dmg average a solid 35.

So whats the problem? The ES spell if it is 5*skill21 = 105, if it was 4*skill21=84. Infact 21*3 = 63 so I shouldnt have been getting hardly touched at all. And if it was only 3 pts I would have been taking a lot more damage with the ring. Which means with nothing but the spell on I shouldn't have been taking any damage.

So is there some kind of max dmg blocking you get with ES regardless of skill? It doesnt appear to be a max percentage that it will block because I often get 'no visible damage hits' in FP+spell.

Something just isn't adding up here, anyone else tested this or got any notes on it? After testing I looked it up. Seville notes it may override rings, seems true. I checked all the other pages on the KoD Fan Sites and the Wolf mirrors and none had exacting details on this.

Side Note: More of a cob tidbit, but as it supports the above and I did it the same day I'll include it here.
Was also testing psi mirror. Lori robe (red, gold trim) appears to be 33% and skill 21 psi mirror 66%. Wearing both appears to be 66% still indicating the strongest spell on you takes priority. However, since the spell is always stronger than the gear, I cant confirm a weaker spell doesnt/wouldnt over ride stronger gear.

100 attempts for each. Respectively 36, 63, 68. So rounded to 33/66/66 to account for rng.
----------
Just say no to fate cards.