Mausoleums

Nork Forum
Doro

Mausoleums

Post by Doro »

To all . . .

A recent conversation has started players thinking about this quest again.

Scrolls dropped all over Nork are still giving clues to this unsolved quest
(unsolved as far as I know).

There appear to be 2, possibly 3 scrolls relating to this quest.

FIRST SCROLL: -

Between the spelling errors, is a directive to Paladins to find something;

To the quest !

T.K.W.H.S.T.L.W.A.K. Signed, L.

SECOND SCROLL: -

The four steps from the mausoleum of wishes, you must pause on the second step.

Well for those hard core problem solvers and RPG nuts,
what is this all about?

Any knowledge about Mausoleums?
Is this still an active quest (I doubt Brad or Sysops will help) ?
Where are these Mausoleums?
We have some information and knowledge, but has anyone MORE information that they are willing to share.

Please, I am sure we don't want . . . "I know all about it, but won't tell you" in this thread.

Lets see if we can resolve this one for once and for all.

Doro___ASH
ho

Drdrunk

Replying to Topic 'Mausoleums'

Post by Drdrunk »

so far, there's 3 mausoleums i've seen, the fire mausoleum(east of nork school), the earth mausoleum(in the pally trainer dungeon), and the air mausoleum(in cg castle).

the fire and earth will tell you your mind is probed if you walk into the altars. not a thieve's guild though. the air mausoleum will teleport you back, before you even reach the altar.

i figure if it's a solveable quest, when you find the water mausoleum you're probably finished.

there's a scroll talking about a paladin going on the final quest, in the mausoleum, kill the drakkar maybe, but that's doubtable.

the 2nd step probably means the 2nd mausoleum and/or the 2nd hex inside maybe.

i tried using the uther crystals in various combinations on the altars also, for the heck of it.

-drd
Last edited by Drdrunk on Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

purg

Post by purg »

Yep i remember me and Drd spent what? about 2 or 3 days looking over the scrolls and hunting through Nork and what dungeons we could to figure this out.

ill retry them again, since im a larger pally now, and see if i get anything new. if so ill post my findings here.

Jinx

Post by Jinx »

i think pally island's one is air.... since the holes are... well nothing, cept air. I should try and find some climbing boots and to up CG

Drdrunk

Post by Drdrunk »

imo the pally one is earth since the holes go into the ground, and the CG one has ice going around it, like air(or maybe that's water).
Last edited by Drdrunk on Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

"When climbing down the four steps of the mosoleum of wishes, You must pause on the 2nd step to symbolize your bits of wizdom in words"

Hmm... Wishes? What in drak is related to wishes? is there a moseluem with a well in it? Or.... i thought of something... get 3 fire crystals... 3 earth.. 3 air... put the 3 fire on the fire plates in the one in nork town... i'v never been to the other 2.. but i'm thinking of doing the same with them also.... if we could find the last one (i'm thinking water) we'd have the quest pretty much solved.. we'd just have to figure out how to open whahtever door it takes us too (i'm seriously thinking the drakkar... since it mentions pallies... but this could also be a hint about the one on pally island)

-Firestorm_EDGE(Kas_EDGE)
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.

Jinx

Post by Jinx »

that could be....

i should check that i can't cause i have no climbing boots :(

purg

Post by purg »

Ok so the Three places we know of are Nork, CG, Pally. The one up in CG has the Icestorm hexes around it could symbolize Water or Air. The one is nork is Fire, and Pally one is either Air or Earth.
There could be a possiblity of one in N-8 or lower, i dont know cause i have never been down there. I have a few places to investigate. Maybe ill find something. Ill post later if I find anything.
We really need to start up a web site that posts all we know and have tried that way people arent trying the same thing over and over.

Jinx

Post by Jinx »

5 mins later i found some :)

here at CG.... its definatly ice.... not earth what so ever

ill post some screenshots when i get em all 3 on shot.

purg

Post by purg »

No we said Ice or Air or Water, Me and Drd think the one in pally Island is either Air or Earth, even though it could be water too, since when you blow up pillars the water appears.

Doro

Post by Doro »

I do not have a Pally atm, when your mind was probed in front of the alter,
did you try : -

UP
DOWN
CLIMB UP
CLIMB DOWN

?

Many stairs exist that are not visible on-screen !

Doro___ASH
ho

Drdrunk

Post by Drdrunk »

well i got paranoid a few months ago, casted illusion wall on the pally altar and tried to passwall into the area, i was allowed to reach the hext but no message or teleport

Mihey

Post by Mihey »

4 steps, pause on 2nd... that could be N N; then N N again, that way you move 2 hexes and stop on 2nd, then move another 2 hexes.

Could be any direction though...
Mihey__PHNX

purg

Post by purg »

well it says to Stop on the Second step and symbolize your bits of wisdom in words. So most likely you have to some sort of password to get down the last two steps.

BTW I made a page http://www.geocities.com/purgury/alters.html
that way you can see all 3 alters I know of, and the scrolls. If I can find a Free BBS that i can add to page without pulling my hair out, ill add that to page also, so people can post what they have done or ideas to test. So if you know of an Easy and Free BBS let me know and ill go check it out.

funns

Post by funns »

hmmmm

Eva

Post by Eva »

I don't know what counts a s a mosolieum but all the places have in common is that they have a set of pillars..if you take a look at a map of n-10 or the SS of the excally trader you will see some pillars

purg

Post by purg »

yes but they also have an alter and some type of element/fixture in the E, S, &W position. Fire, Ice, and Holes. So you have to keep this in mind when searching for a possible site.

I have a BBS set up for my page post anything and everything that you might think will be useful there -

http://www.geocities.com/purgury/alters.html
Just follow the link to my BBS.

Emily

Post by Emily »

The one in the CG castle doesn't seem affected by blast, disintegrate or illusion...
The one in Town is also psi risitant (because it's in town, or for other reasons)...
I haven't played much with the one on Pally Island (other than to give a brief tour to PKers back on IEN)...

I think a large clue would be in deciphering "T.K.W.H.S.T.L.W.A.K. Signed, L.
"

Can anybody think of any possible meanings? Perhaps even just playing around or brainstorming on what it could possibly mean may provide more clues.

purg2

Post by purg2 »

T.K.W.H.S.T.L.W.A.K
I can think of several things that would work on this, but none make any sense

To Know What Happens Stand To Left With A Kangaroo
But that dont make any sense so ill just keep brain storming on it

(BTW Purg2 is my name for when im at school)

Ravaillac

Post by Ravaillac »

"T.K.W.H.S.T.L.W.A.K. Signed, L."

The King Without His Sword. The Land Without A King
- Excalibur

purg2

Post by purg2 »

ohh hey, that actually makes alot of sense, if i remember right from the movie they spoke of something that couldnt be broken, ill have to go rent the movie Excaliber tonight and watch it. And the L could be Lancelot. So this could make alot of sense all in all, and you might have to have Excali to be able to get to the Alters. So we need to find a Pally with the Sword and do some testing

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

but what do mausoleums have to do with excally? and how about the fact that your mind is being probed when you try to get on a altar hex at the mausoleum in nork and at pally.

also, did someone check out e-norks mausoleum ey?
Dragonslayer of PHNX

purg

Post by purg »

Well it might prob you to see if you have the Excali, if you dont have Excali you might not be able to pass.

And Enorks Mausolem does not probe your mind when you try to walk up to it

GhostGuest

Post by GhostGuest »

ok, i aint got a Pally, so i cant prove anything, in other words im just speculateing. BUT, a common thred of most puzzels, is to have the answer hidden right under your nose. Another common theme is to use ones experience against themselves, to trap us in our own CONCEIT as it were. And quite oten these two themes work hand in hand. In Drakk's case, how many "big" players have ever bothered to explore n-1 recently? Do any of ya remeber that tere is an alter down there?? not sure if that qulifies as a muasoleum or not, but it might be worth checking out. It strikes me as alikely place to "hide" something. Someplace no self-respecting "big" crit would go.... Nork-1!!!! Yuck, newbie land!!!! . Hmmmm well just as thoughts.... keep up the posting on this.
AKA: Woodenkarl, Sparksenblade, Aspex, Brainless, Stickums, Lessmental and Feingurs
Hhhmmmmmmmm............
3Y's 11E's 3H's 11A's

Roland

Post by Roland »

One thing did strike me, about something someone said here...the scroll could be pertaining to finding the excally. Cause to get to N-10, you first have to pass thru Naga Lair, and that requires stepping on 4 tiles, to enter that lair.
Last edited by Roland on Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirRoland,
Follower of The Old Code
"Call what you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service are yours !"