Mausoleums

Nork Forum
Yeti

Replying to Topic 'Mausoleums'

Post by Yeti »

actually, if you plot the mauses by hexes, and triangulate the 4th point, it would be somewhere about 12 hexes NW of the town of maeling <i dont remember the exact hex cuz i havent looked in a while> i checked that hex on every level of the dungeon i could find, hehe and nothing remarkable

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Drez

Post by Drez »

Could be a Rhombus if the fourth maus is to the se of the southern maus.

Has anyone ever put up a map of that the maus looking hexes/alters? like the alter in n-1? Just curious even if those are not mind probin mausoleums maybe they make some geometric shape that could give a clue about what next to do in the quest besides reading scrolls, and looking around for a fourth maus that probes one's mind.
+++++++++++++++

"You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands."

Drdrunk

Post by Drdrunk »

the reward from maus, if it ever worked, was probably excalibur (i don't mean the sword wardens guard). scrolls talk about excalibur, also says paladin's final quest, there's a rock in front of the nork maus (pull it from the stone reference). it probes your mind, seeing if your the future king. the nork maus also has a goblet(cough grail cough) on it.
and whoever had it last most likely had the sword buried with them, since the mausoleum is a high class tomb.

that's my 2-bit ramble.
Last edited by Drdrunk on Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skip

Post by Skip »

Has anyone tried using or placing the elemental crystals (the ones used to get into Uther) at the Mausoleum locations ??

~ Skip/Buzz__KAM ~

Drdrunk

Post by Drdrunk »

yep.

jimmyc

Post by jimmyc »

If you are going to triangulate to find the 4th maus, you need to remember that the CG and PI maus.s are not located at the entry points(the climb and the PI stairs). The CG is several hexes south while the PI is far to the sw of their entry points. The question becomes, do the Pi dungeon area and the CG -grif area align with the Nork surface area? For the CG area the answer is yes, if you walk x hexes s from the top of climb hex and then jump off you will be x hexes s(and e or w 1 due to jumping) from the climb up hex on the Nork surface. There is no way to tell if this is true for the PI dungeon. If it is true, than the PI maus is underground e of the boat house. Maybe the maus.s form a sword. The Nork maus. would be the pommel, The PI the tip of the blade, the CG one side of the hilt, and the 4th maus. the other. The 4th maus should just s of Nork town, but underground. If it were on n5 it would be midway between the fire room amd the RD lair, if on n3 it would be somewhere in the locked room area. But it is in neither area. It could be s of the n4 dungeon area(and somewhat w of the naga area).If so you will need to find an entrance hex. That would be located somewhere in the original Nork dungeons, but there is no obvious way to find it using other locations.

funns

Post by funns »

hate to bring this thread back to every1 attention <G>

but any1 that can make a list of what was in drakkar when first made?
i.e. lvl caps and dungeons

Die

Post by Die »

Dam! 17000+ views on this one, reading em all would putt anyone to sleep lol :zzz

----------------
~~~~Die~~~~
----------------

DaemonJr.

Post by DaemonJr. »

Stupid as it sounds, and much as I believe this is a dead Palading quest (the code's there, but not the bridge), has anyone ever actually tried speaking their bits of wisdom in words (i.e. 'eighteen' if you have 18 wis)? I don't remember having read it anywhere in this thread.

Also, if anyone ever does solve this quest and gets a wish, how about wishing to have the accounts of all the people who voted to find out info about NL instead of the Mausoleums blocked? <Evil Grin>

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

no, your words of wisdom will be spoken aloud when you finally solve the quest.

It really does make you see drak in a different way.

Nice Quest brad :D

-Yeti
and finally...

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

So does this mean that the mausoleums quest is part of the Primal quest?
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

for what it's worth:

the 'wisdom' regarding T.K.W.H.S. T.L.W.A.K.
in the movie Excaliber was "The land and the King are one" (or the King and the land are one I'd have to check)
forming the bits of wisdom into words, I tried tlatkao and some variations without success

Frozboz

Post by Frozboz »

I always was under the impression that acronym stood for "The king without his sword, the land without a king".

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

yes ... but the salvation for the king was the answer to the riddle ... that the land and the king are one ...

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

well crusher, my crits are only 43/25 and 49/21

i think you can decide for yourself if im primal or not :D

for those curious souls among you

if you plot the nork maus as 0,0 on the cartesian plane, the CG maus would be (-7, -32) and the pally maus would be (5, -74)

would put the 4th maus at (20, -42) if it was to make a square. and should be on ground level because pally is 1 below, and CG is 1 above.

calculated using hexes, from maus center to maus center. and calculated to the actual maus, not to the entrance to the housings for the maus

-Yeti
Last edited by Yeti on Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and finally...

Leeto

Post by Leeto »

WOOOOOOOSH

Over my head

skain

Post by skain »

Today in lobby there was what seemed to be an admittance saying the maus quest IS active. A player was asking questions about it in lobby, and saying his thoughts on it, when one of the larger players in the game said that he had done it last week. After that he said that the reward was not items, but something much more powerful, knowledge. After this comment one of they sysops said,"that's strange, it did not send me the email; can you pm me with it's final message?". To me this seems as an admittance of the quest still being active. I believe that the people who solve it are sworn to secrecy (hence the sysops getting an e-mail when someone completes it, if this comment was true) and that we need to make a single list of things that are possible solutions, things that have been tried and commented on in this thread, and ones that don't seem like they're feasible answers. I'm sure that if it is still active, and we just take a very organized approach to it, that all of us together could eventually figure it out. The only problem with this is if one person figures it out and can't tell us due to this secrecy, lol.

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

The post I am about to make is neither confirming nor denying if this quest is active. What was said in the chat today in regards to this quest was a hoax; on both the part of the player claiming to have solved it and on part of the sysop claiming to have not recieved an email (I can state this because I was the sysop that claimed that <grin>). Why did I do claim something about an email you may ask. Well... I sensed a bluff when someone claimed to have solved it, so I came up with my own bluff to out-bluff the bluffer.
With that said, I would imagine that IF someone does solve it, I HIGHLY doubt they would wait a week to announce it (regardless of any "sworn to secrecy") as this is perhaps the BIGGEST question in common among the Drakkar Players. I'd imagine you would more than likely see in the chat something to the effect: "OMG!! I did it! I solved the quest no-one else has! Oh Wow! (insert more excitement here)". I don't imagine you would see a noncholant, side-remark saying "Oh yeah, that quest, I solved it last week.", which is what we saw in the chat today.

Nice try tho.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

thats alot of bluffing flisk, how can i be sure your not bluffing us to play off a fake bluff in response to a bluff? :p
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

I may very well could be.
But ask yourself, do you really think I know the secrets of this quest?

Darge

Post by Darge »

in my humble opinion any quest that hasnt been solved in the two years since the first post was made to now, not saying that the quest didnt exist before two years ago, will not be solved or cannot be solved. Maybe it has and its all hush hush but i doubt it :/
Last edited by Darge on Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIN

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

eh, ive said dozens of times that ive solved this quest :/

and the rewards has nothing to do with in-game items :/

-Yeti
and finally...

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch »

beh, no matter what 'sworn to secrecy' you are, it uh, wont happen?
ya'll know that by now :/ (especially darge :P )

but yeah, sysops get e-mails/some beeper/ SOMETHING going off when players are where they shouldn't be/ are where they haven't been / kill somethiing new/undiscovered etc etc, not sure exactly what's in this list except 'players are where they shouldn't be ', dat one is. So I assume others are also
"It is white."
- George W. Bush, when asked what the White house was like by a student in East London

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

and yeti's post reiterates what i said. it's not in game items.

and flisk was lieing on all counts....
in the pm's i was going back and forth with....
he asked me for the messege i got, said it was 2 blatent words. and he'd give me an item for it. then later he said if i figured it out, i'd have the 'item'. but how would i have the item if i didn't already go to sysops to get it? it was a contradiction in itself, and it was humorous to see a sysop trip on his own lies :D
Last edited by Demonaic on Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Darge

Post by Darge »

yeti, you have never said when you solved it, by chance how long have you been playing in total? You could have solved it years ago. My opinion on this is that the quest is no longer active, or broken in some way so that it cannot be started, possibly because of what the reward actually was or it became obsolete in light of later quests or items.

I beleive skain said "After that he said that the reward was not items, but something much more powerful, knowledge." I do have a certain recollection of good things being abused over the years :/
SIN