Mausoleums

Nork Forum
Memnoch

Replying to Topic 'Mausoleums'

Post by Memnoch »

Or... the quest is broken, the abundance of people completeing the quest to report the sudden broken bit in the quest must be huge... if nobody complains im sure they don't check 'it' to see if 'it' works...
"It is white."
- George W. Bush, when asked what the White house was like by a student in East London

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

eh, i solved it shortly after this thread was started.

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch »

ah huh, along with killen the 'yeti king' :P
"It is white."
- George W. Bush, when asked what the White house was like by a student in East London

Magnum

Post by Magnum »

LOL this might be the most viewed thread in the forums. Even after it stopped it gained 1000+ more views this year.

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

See, necromancy is possible!
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Magnum

Post by Magnum »

What does Necromancy have to do with it?

Izlude

Post by Izlude »

everything to the dutch man
If all else fails.... PLEAD INSANITY!

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Originally posted by Magnum

What does Necromancy have to do with it?
You brought back somehting that was long dead.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

i think this has do to with 4 elements,you need something rock fire water(ice maybe?) air.IDK but i do know this might have something to do with pally's,and or excally,because i have read scrolls and they tell me something fishy

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Originally posted by Wolverine2

i think this has do to with 4 elements,you need something rock fire water(ice maybe?) air.IDK but i do know this might have something to do with pally's,and or excally,because i have read scrolls and they tell me something fishy
You didn't really read the thread did you?
I'm all for trying old stuff, but posting here without new ideas, or plain retelling old ideas is bad.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

TangoDown

Post by TangoDown »

Even though this thread is mostlikely dead, ill just say my mind, ive been experiemnting with some of the mos's and having some fun seeing if anything was changed when i did such and such and spend a few days running around nork trying to find out anything i could. I went to mjorin since its basicly a water world i thought to myself "hmm majorin is a water hell, y wouldnt the water mos (if its even that) be located there)did some looking around and sadly nothing :(. Just from eairlyer in this thread people kept putting down the ideas of others about "what about this place" and the normal response of "it was there back then" well what if brad took out the quest like many of you said and placed it back in the game later on in a 'newly' created area like enork? or mjorin? ect. just my 2 cents, but there is allways the possiblity that brad is just a evil person and never implimented the quest, but yeti's posts controtict that idea so im still gunna see what i can discover :D

Leersa

Post by Leersa »

has anyone thought that maybe the muas in pally prison is both earth and water? and maybe since it is the only maus that can have its configuation changed that you must do this at a approriate time
Leersa_____ASH
The healer that thinks shes a Barb

Darklord

Post by Darklord »

12. Is the mausolium quest active?

Brad : Not at the time of this writing.

Taken from the interview with Brad in Mars' Sysop log, dated in Jan. 2006.

I don't think it gets clearer then this.....you can stop beating your head on the Maus quest now ;)

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Why brad?! Why must you give resolution to the hopeless mausoleum hunters?! :(
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Navarre
Title: invictus.

Post by Navarre »

ugh.. this thread is STILL going? haha, just kidding guys.

me and a few others got together and worked on mausoleum quest and did our little impression of a think tank for about three nights before we got a headache and decided that not only was the mauso quest impossible to solve (namely because Brad said that it didn't work) but that it was a figment of our imaginations, and never existed to begin with.

the mausoleums really aren't there either.

but seriously.. we gathered every scroll and took every caution to try to figure out the puzzle, and it just wasn't happening. but it was still a lot of fun.. it was cool to go back and listen to a lot of drakkar lore from a lot of people who had tried it prior to our cavaliering efforts as well.. that's the best part of us banding together to try to figure anything out about it was that we got a lot of really cool stories from a lot of players who had been around for quite a while. maybe someday though..

Frozboz

Post by Frozboz »

There are two missing scrolls from the Mausoleum quest. They were removed from the game after the quest was solved. One was a coded message, the other was one of the steps in decoding it. The other steps can still be found on scrolls in the game (why they all weren't removed, I don't know). The entire quest was simply figuring out what the coded message said. I have all the clues and the coded message written down in a notebook, somewhere in a box in my parents' attic I'm sure.

The quest was solved about six months after it was implemented around the spring of 1989.. I don't know what the message was, only who solved it and the reward given.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Mausoleum philosphers around the globe just unanimously burst into sorrowful tears of wasted time, I think.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Gilgalad

Post by Gilgalad »

I cannot believe this thread is still alive...much like my account.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

02-14-06 05:33:36 was the last time a post was made. You just kept it alive! :)
SIN

Bran

Post by Bran »

Hello all -

I'm new to this game; but I'm rather intregued by the story hidden story line underneath all that mindless kill, coin, skill and repeat, so I decided to do a little research...

In the BORED guild's website, Seville has compiled his findins on the mausoleum quest, where he's listed a variety of approaches, including class specification, item or monster "offerings" to the mausoleums, and a list of some of the scrolls.

Now, the game of Drakkar is most obviously an mmorpg (massive multiplayer online role playing game), where playing the game with your peers is quite encouraged. After all, we have the ability to join into a party, or even a guild!

My first wonder is this: is it a sequential placement of the corpses/items at the various mausoleums, like a code, or is it like a key, where the individual grooves do their part all at once to unlock the door?

He had stated that in the center of the Nork mausoleum, he when you try to climb up, you get the message "you can't climb up (down) anything here", which is a different approach from the standard "you can't do that here". And from poking around with my own attempts, the Nork mausoleum seems to be the only one to do this. I must conclude that this mausoleum is indeed the gateway that will be opened upon completion of the quest.

Now, he had also mentioned some scrolls, and subtext - one of which really caught my attention (you must forgive the illegal characters, I don't have a copy of MicrosoftWORD, and was forced to open the document in Notepad):
brother paladine . . I am but the last when i lay down my head there will be no more. Listen carefully to what I must say, for the greatest and final quest is put before thee. Let . . (a whole in the parchment makes this part illegible) To the quest! The mosoleums house that which you seek, young paladin, you are the last hope, the final child of process. That which cannot be . . . has . . . broken! That which held it must be found. T.K.W.H.S.T.L.W.A.K. Signed, L.The King Without His Sword. The Land Without A King- Excalibur
there a King in Frore? He is without Excali...I hope you dont have to give Excali to him to find out
This portion mentions a memorable quote from the movie Excalibur: "The King without his Sword. The Land without a king!" The portion of the quoted text that is scroll mentions a "final resting place", which if taken in contrast with the movie, could mean three possible outcomes. The final resting place of Uther, Arthur, or Merlin.

In the movie, Uther was taken down by the survivals of his rival Duke's knights in a swamped area. Now, as far as I know the only "swamp" areas are in the Nameless, or Border Land (pending which name you prefer), so I do not believe it would make any sense for a multi-server quest to start in one and end in the other; but perhaps the developers are just that good.;)

Arthur's final place of rest was by a Valkarie one, with his body set on a ship into the sea. My personal opinion of this is that Arthur, the most known of the Paladin-kind is, if not "in" the Paladin island mausoleum area, at least linked to it. In the compilations of Sevile_BORED, he had mentioned that if you blow up the mausoleum on Paladin Island, the pillars will turn to water. Perhaps this is a step in unlocking the Arthurian segment of the quest.

Now, Merlin ... his final resting place makes me think immediately of the Mausoleum of Wishes, where a scroll states that you must take two steps, pause and take two more steps before being granted your wish. In Excalibur, his final place of rest was in the cave of dreams, deep within the heart of the dragon where Morgana had imprisoned him with his own spells in a giant, complete field. And, as Merlin was never truly destroyed, but became a part of dreams, I believe the quest must still be alive through his spirit. ;)

Now, also going along with the movie, and the essense of water, the quote above had a curious line:
That which cannot be . . . has . . . broken! That which held it must be found.
or more accurately
That which cannot be broken has been broken! That which held it must be found.
In the movie, Arthur had used the power of Excalibur to defeat the knight Lance du Lac in single combat, and had broken it in the process. He had pined to Merlin his plight, and tossed the shattered sword into a nearby stream, to which the Lady of the Lake emerged with the sword, whole and new.

Now like everything, this is speculation and probably risky; but seeing as Excalibur is obtained in Frore, and S,E,E of the city, there is a stream that runs through to Homlet, an area designed much like the setting in this particular scene in the movie. I don't know if you have to drop a broken Excalibur somewhere near here, or if it doesn't have to be a broken one; but I'm curious to know what signigicance this portion of the scroll has to do with the Lady of the Lake and the sword Excalibur.

Alright! I'm sorry for the long-winded post; but this is incredibly interesting to me, and I just had to put in my thoughts. My personal thoughts on the entire quest are that while there seem to be several steps, and possibly a sequential order to them, I think there is also more lying underneath the surface than simply placing corpses on alters.

A link to Seville's maausoleum page can be found here. I thank you all for your time, and happy hunting!

-Bran
Y maent yr mynyddoedd yn canu,
ac y mae'r arglwyddes yn dod.

Poldarn

Post by Poldarn »

I like that you've spent time on this, don't get me wrong... but i'll just clear up something that is a pretty big point here...

quote - "but seeing as Excalibur is obtained in Frore"

Excalibur (2h Greatsword class weapon) is actually, obtained in n10... outside the wardens lairs, from someone within a cage opened by a pressure plate in the middle of the two wardens lairs.

Perhaps you are thinking of Corelius, offering a Saber for the broadsword from Uther... in which case saber and excalibur are two completely different things.
ZuLnOtH, Formerly of Zand.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Originally posted by Frozboz

There are two missing scrolls from the Mausoleum quest. They were removed from the game after the quest was solved. One was a coded message, the other was one of the steps in decoding it. The other steps can still be found on scrolls in the game (why they all weren't removed, I don't know). The entire quest was simply figuring out what the coded message said. I have all the clues and the coded message written down in a notebook, somewhere in a box in my parents' attic I'm sure.

The quest was solved about six months after it was implemented around the spring of 1989.. I don't know what the message was, only who solved it and the reward given.
Also, I didn't know if you had read this, but the Mausoleum quest isn't in the game anymore, and I think brad has said that in an interview. I'll look for the link.
SIN

rock

Post by rock »

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

The quote from Rocki's Link
Originally Posted By Mars Date: 30-1-06
12. Is the mausolium quest active?

Not at the time of this writing.

*Merlz*
Last edited by Merlin on Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Bran

Post by Bran »

Haha, oh that is a shame. I guess it's a useless question to answer; but is it remaining inactive because of the Nameless land recently being up, or is it just something to tease the new players, like myself? ;)
Y maent yr mynyddoedd yn canu,
ac y mae'r arglwyddes yn dod.