Mausoleums

Nork Forum
Frozboz

Replying to Topic 'Mausoleums'

Post by Frozboz »

Originally posted by Doro

You would think that Brad might reply (without spoilers) to such public/player demand.
You don't know Brad very well.

Ho!

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Yea, he's already doing that :D
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Namrog

Post by Namrog »

"When climbing down the four steps of the mosoleum of wishes, You must pause on the 2nd step to symbolize your bits of wizdom in words"

How about drinking a Wiz pot at the second maus (of course we don't know which it is so that would be a lot of wiz's but its worth a try)

The puddle by the tanners in Nork could be consider to be a lake 'Lady of the Lake' perhaps if a female pally stood in it with Excally in hand... ?

Has anyone tried chucking nades at the Nork town maus see if it blows up into anything?

thats all i have at the moment, i will post more when i think of it,
The Time Has Come My Friends

Namrog

Post by Namrog »

Oh also, has anyone been upstairs in Healers, in Nork, if you look through the windows, there is a rift, you can see sky, and then another building, you can see the wall of it and a few interior hexes, but if you go outside, there is no way to get there... could this be something? anyone know what it is or how to get there?

jimmyc

Post by jimmyc »

Originally posted by Namrog

Oh also, has anyone been upstairs in Healers, in Nork, if you look through the windows, there is a rift, you can see sky, and then another building, you can see the wall of it and a few interior hexes, but if you go outside, there is no way to get there... could this be something? anyone know what it is or how to get there?
I may be wrong, but i think it's the funhouse you're looking at.

Namrog

Post by Namrog »

the fun house is further North than the healers though, you could be right though, but i think its something else...

Another thought:

I'm pretty sure Pally Island is water as with the meteor appearing Pally Island has 'flooded'

bigc1031

Post by bigc1031 »

did any one notice the altar at PT is messed up the goblet on there is nocked over and the cloth is ripped
also you can slam from in fromnt of the alters
dont know anything els cause im a ment
Last edited by bigc1031 on Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Namrog

Post by Namrog »

Just shows the area we are looking in by lining up those 3 mauseleums we know of, as you can see, this rules out the rock outside Yeti Caves which we thought may have been the sword in the stone part, also you may be able to work about the 4th mauseleum, the way i look at it, i'm thinking M-1, M-2 M-3 or badlands...

(Map from Sevilles/BORED guild website )

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

From the way I know drak works, a lot of the things people suggest as trying to activate this quest are a waste of time.

For example, I've played drak and many other games for a long time and I have some understanding about the interior of drak, and I doubt the lady of the lake has anything to do with it because like most other of drak's storyline, its complete fiction, some based on other fiction characters, but its not all factual based, so reading up on facts about knights and all won't help, you must follow the storyline and go from there, nameless land is a good example of this. Also, for as long as I have known , gender doesn't have an effect in drak other than the graphic used to display your char, so a female standing in a pool would be no different from a male.

Haven't you guys heard about the wish quest? A while back it was infact a quest, but it died long ago due to various reasons, If you guys want to keep trying stuff, then go for it, but I promise ya it won't get you anywhere.
Communication End.

Namrog

Post by Namrog »

This is where the Optimists are seperated from the Pessimists, i'm gonna keep trying and thinking, like its been said before, the quest was hard coded into the game, and about hardly any of nork being fully explored...

Pax

Post by Pax »

One interesting thing about the Mausoleum quest is that no one has posted a solution for it.

Has anyone solved it? I've heard various stories... Myth? Reality? Rumor? Many a person has burnt the torch at both ends trying to solve this quest...

I can tell you that to my knowledge Brad implemented it and only he knows about it (much like anything he builds) -- and as far as I know he hasn't told anyone anything ;)

Who knows what wonderous treasures might lie at the end of its completion -- a simple scroll saying "congratulations"? A vault filled with artifacts beyond your imagination? Perhaps a wish of old? Soyer himself chuckling at you?

Don't spend too much time trying to figure its mysteries... It might leave you mad!

Doro

Post by Doro »

Originally posted by Pax

Don't spend too much time trying to figure its mysteries... It might leave you mad!
Too late for that!

Anything constructive from your side Pax?
ho

Pax

Post by Pax »

Too late for that!

Anything constructive from your side Pax?
Sorry, my post was meant to be constructive... I wrote pretty much all the contrstructive things this Sysop has!

jimmyc

Post by jimmyc »

Originally posted by Acaciam

Haven't you guys heard about the wish quest? A while back it was infact a quest, but it died long ago due to various reasons, If you guys want to keep trying stuff, then go for it, but I promise ya it won't get you anywhere.

About the wish quest, do you know anything about it, when it was active, what it entailed, and whether the mausoleum of wishes scroll was part of it. I started a thread on this topic but no one added information. This indicates, perhaps, that no one really knows anything about the wish quest. The wish quest could have been active at some point, but without the scroll being part of it. The quest may never have existed or it may have existed with the scroll as part of the quest. If the later is true, why isn't it common knowledge. There are a number of players around who were players from the first year of K of D.(including a few who have posted on this thread) and certainly players from all more recent periods of time are around. If the wish quest had been active, at any point of K of D life, enough people would know about the quest, that it's status and question of what the mausoleum of wishes scroll was about would be general knowledge in the game. But that is not the case.

There is one other thing to consider, the history of the game. The game became known as K of D in late 1991. By that time VT, Maeling and maybe parts of Frore(but not N2 and maybe not N6+N7) were part of the game. A full graphics program had just been introduced. It seems that the Pal. quest has remained unchanged since this point in time .Before this the game had existed as the text-based game Norken Realm. What is not known is the story of the Pal Maus.-wish quest(s) during this period. Brad has mentioned that there a couple players from this period still playing. Maybe they could help us by giving what they know of the status of and knowledge about the quest(s) during the NR era as well as the transition period from NR to K of D.

Doro

Mausoleums

Post by Doro »

Based on Pax's statements I think we should now draw a line under this thread.

We have some alternatives here.

a) No one has solved this quest
b) Someone(s) has solved the quest and either won't tell us or is sworn to secrecy.

A chilling thougt . . . What if your account is deleted when the quest is solved . . . eek!

Many think that the quest has been shut down (see previous posts).
Many hope it is either working (and yet to be solved) or may even be in a position to be turned back on if it is not currently working.

I am assuming the purpose of Pax's post was to stop us from continuing this thread (wasting our time). What other reason could there be?

However this is a somewhat free thinking forum and if anyone has anything to constructively add please feel free.

As an aside I agree with Pax, we have exhausted the possibilities as far as I can see, not that we have exhausted experiments in the game, just in this thread.

OR MAYBE, just maybe we are getting close to the answer and we are about to finally break this longstanding conundrum ???

Who can tell? <inset spooky music here>.
ho

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

Doro,
I'd like to think that there exists another possiblity:

My feeling has been for some time that the Mausoleum Quest was just 'color' for the game. But nothing says that a quest cannot be inserted to conform to the clues already detailed. Certainly we would all have to run through all the things we have tried before if the quest were activated.

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

Pax didn't say it had never been solved. He just said no one has posted a solution to it.

I know nothing on how the quest works because it was taken out before I got here. Yes I said taken out because the reason I believe no one is getting anywhere on this is because the code for this to work was actually taken out of the game, but the map didn't change and the mausoleum still exists, just not as part of an active quest.

As far as the rumors I've heard on the wish quest... Yes I believe it had something to do with excally, probably something simple as completing the quest and emailing Brad what you wanted for your wish. The whole part of symbolizing your wisdom into words could be along the lines of what you wanted your statue to say in the hall of heroes.

From what I know, yes there was a wish quest, when you completed it, you talked to brad and he granted you a 'wish' if it wasn't too unreasonable. Some i've heard were weapons of great power, but the most well known and probabaly most true was for a ninja class. Above maeling (if you know anything about the history, maeling was a MA/ninja type guy who founded the city, but he now has a twin brother and they both live in frore under the name of 'vampire') there was a trainer that would turn you into a ninja, which from what I hear was a thief/ma class. The wish came true, but it threw some things off with class balance and skill gain, kinda like fighter/ment used to do. So it was soon removed and not long after, the quest was removed also. Maybe above the town of maeling there was a hall of heroes who had completed the quest and your bits of wisdom were symbolized into words there. For facts, you'll have to find someone older than me who could explain it to you better.

Do I think the quest is removed, yes. Do I think its unsolvable, maybe. I think that the things that made it work were removed from the code in the game, however if someone does solve it I would not be surprised, because if I were Brad, I know he reads the forums, I'd add something in here just to mess with everyone's mind. Maybe this is what the comet is all about even......
Communication End.

Morgar

Replying to Topic 'M

Post by Morgar »

Originally posted by Doro

A chilling thougt . . . What if your account is deleted when the quest is solved . . . eek!

Not that for sure. The outcry from any paid player for a character deletion would be loud and every guild website would be warning people not to attempt it. More likely sucessful people have simply been sworn to secrecy.

Pax's comments suggest to me that the quest hasn't been shut down as I was led to believe as early as back in 1994. Or that Brad has revived it perhaps in an altered form from the original.

Back when I was paying by the hour for this game, you could occasionally win a wish from the guardians under evil nork. But wishes required coding changes in many instances. Thats probably why they were removed, people started asking for items that were too difficult to code.

- Morgar
Last edited by Morgar on Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Useful Drakkar files for Heros and Cowards: http://www.northernwebs.com/drakkar

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

g (if you know anything about the history, maeling was a MA/ninja type guy who founded the city, but he now has a twin brother and they both live in frore under the name of 'vampire')
Actualy, he split up while meditating, and turned into two shadows of his former self, just a bit of correction i'd like to throw in ;)
Dragonslayer of PHNX

GhostGuest

Post by GhostGuest »

Just some random thoughts to muddle this puddle more! For starters, I recall it being said that when Drakk first came out, there was nothing EAST of the ment trainer in nork, including the east bank. No, Emmit, no Encruster and no Gambler, as well as no Prisons from what I understand. Now if you look at the map a few posts before mine, you will see the known Maus sites form a triangle. Since there seems to be 4 Maus'es associated with this quest, I can only presume that their alignment would have formed a rectangle. If that is/was the case, then the fourth Maus would have been in the water just north and east of the far eastern shores of Yeti Island. That would also put it about on the edge of where things ended originally. Now, what if a big OOOooppps happened when things were added east of the Ment trainer, in that one thing got deleted instead of being added? That thing of course being the 4th Maus? Don’t know how hard it would be to add a "place" to a game map after it has already been installed to the game, but I’m sure it ain’t real easy. But if my speculation happens to be right, then that would make the Maus quest still existent, just unfinishable. Well just some strange thoughts, yall have fun "analyzing" them.
AKA: Woodenkarl, Sparksenblade, Aspex, Brainless, Stickums, Lessmental and Feingurs
Hhhmmmmmmmm............
3Y's 11E's 3H's 11A's

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

I'm willing to bet that the only maus involved in the quest is the one in nork town. The others I believe are just part of the map for lair looks and have nothing to do with the quest.
Communication End.

jimmyc

Post by jimmyc »

I'm willing to bet that the only maus involved in the quest is the one in nork town. The others I believe are just part of the map for lair looks and have nothing to do with the quest.
The mosoleums house that which you seek, says the scroll, indicating more the one is involved. It's unlikely, but maybe two of the maus.s are used in the pal. quest and the other in the wish quest.
The ninja trainer was around circa 1994, but I don't think he was related to the wish quest.

Namrog

Post by Namrog »

I was thining perhaps just one was involved as well, the Nork town one probably,

how about puting Excally in your hand and clicking open on the Maus, as you would open a locked door with a key

Namrog

Post by Namrog »

Originally posted by GhostGuest

Just some random thoughts to muddle this puddle more! For starters, I recall it being said that when Drakk first came out, there was nothing EAST of the ment trainer in nork, including the east bank. No, Emmit, no Encruster and no Gambler, as well as no Prisons from what I understand. Now if you look at the map a few posts before mine, you will see the known Maus sites form a triangle. Since there seems to be 4 Maus'es associated with this quest, I can only presume that their alignment would have formed a rectangle. If that is/was the case, then the fourth Maus would have been in the water just north and east of the far eastern shores of Yeti Island. That would also put it about on the edge of where things ended originally. Now, what if a big OOOooppps happened when things were added east of the Ment trainer, in that one thing got deleted instead of being added? That thing of course being the 4th Maus? Don’t know how hard it would be to add a "place" to a game map after it has already been installed to the game, but I’m sure it ain’t real easy. But if my speculation happens to be right, then that would make the Maus quest still existent, just unfinishable. Well just some strange thoughts, yall have fun "analyzing" them.

That would make a lot of sense, :D

kyhoti

Post by kyhoti »

or maybe the three maus form the bottom of a trimarid (three sided pyramid) and the top of it is above or below the center point of the triangle. or is that shape an arrow that points somewhere, kinda like a crop circle?