Mausoleums

Nork Forum
Merlin

Replying to Topic 'Mausoleums'

Post by Merlin »

To my knowledge it has been inactive a long time, nameless was only released maybe 2-3 years ago? i cant remember the date.

Probably disabled shortly after it was solved.

*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'M

Post by Darge »

According to froz's post it was made inactive shortly after it was solved. Why? Well, maybe the reward was too good, one of the scrolls does mention the mausoleum of wishes, if I recall correctly.
Last edited by Darge on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Bran

Post by Bran »

Yes; but no doubt it was had limits. In order to wish for "anything" you wanted, the game would have to have some serious AI - and believe me, coding AI is just a realm best not touched!;)

But, I've read of the N/N quest in Aleria where you can choose between money and fame - I forget what the prizes themselves were; but ... I guess it's not too important. I just figured the mausoleum of wishes was something like this.

:) Could you imagine when it was solved, if it had stayed active? Everybody would be running through it wishing for immortality ;):sarc
Y maent yr mynyddoedd yn canu,
ac y mae'r arglwyddes yn dod.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'M

Post by Darge »

Who knows how it was handled, if the prize was in fact a "wish."

Although, a likely assumption is that at the time, with the game probably being a smaller community, the player who completed it need only to contact a programmer, and tell/negotiate the wish. This assuming that the prize was a wish.
Last edited by Darge on Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Grukbert

Post by Grukbert »

It was always my understand that the wish was to become a SYSOP...

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch »

im tempted to not even reply to this, but i'll reply by saying im not going to reply, cus that was such a stupid post, as is this.

edit: re-phrase.
Last edited by Memnoch on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is white."
- George W. Bush, when asked what the White house was like by a student in East London

Ravaillac

Post by Ravaillac »

There were wishes in the game. They were handled individually by brad.

However, I remember that they were one of the prizes from gambling with the Frore Fate Cards, rather than rewards for a quest.

Dragonslayer

Re: Mausoleums

Post by Dragonslayer »

With a new mausoleum having appeared in the waters near nork, I will speak the legendary word:
*Bump*

Tee

Post by Tee »

i was going to post something here aswell, but now to figure out if this is really part of a quest or just a sysops joke

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

I really doubt it's a joke, and if it was, it's really messed up of them.

BUT if it isn't a joke, and it's for real, then this is an amazing event since the quest hasn't been in since 1989 as froz said.

Tee

Post by Tee »

yup and im looking forward to doing it if its not a joke

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Well, there's a new altar in n-11, that's a start.

Tee

Post by Tee »

so theres a altar in n11 and below nork town , then cg altar, nork altar and pally altar

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

New things are - Water Mausoleum in Nork alt 2, An altar placed in the middle of the pillars on n-11, and Gwaine, hated enemy of her Majesty the Queen, saying As you wish throughout Nork last night.

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

I myself got a bit reminded of the move the 5th element, if this goes along that line, you'd need to place an elemental crystal on it's respective mausoleum altar, and then either place a scantily clad redhead, or a other symbol of love, like a heart, on the n-11 altar.
Then, laser beams into space.

luckyman

Post by luckyman »

maybe vamp heart in n11?

or cupids heart?

Uni

Post by Uni »

*sniffle*
It's gone .. with no official word on what it was...I would say .. what a collosal waste of my time.. but........ I had a blast .. tried everything I could think of ... laughed alot at myself and others :P and learned a great deal of history of drakkar... reading thru old sites, old entries in forums. Enjoyed goofing around a bit with Homestar, we have fun! Good time. I am sure it is to be continued. And it had to be an something planned as Atropos, Phan, and I were all masstransported to that spot at "same time" when it appeared, from different parts of Nork!

Fun quest :)

Migam

Post by Migam »

Uni wrote:*sniffle*
It's gone .. with no official word on what it was...I would say .. what a collosal waste of my time.. but........ I had a blast .. tried everything I could think of ... laughed alot at myself and others :P and learned a great deal of history of drakkar... reading thru old sites, old entries in forums. Enjoyed goofing around a bit with Homestar, we have fun! Good time. I am sure it is to be continued. And it had to be an something planned as Atropos, Phan, and I were all masstransported to that spot at "same time" when it appeared, from different parts of Nork!

Fun quest :)
This is exactly what I meant when I mentioned in Dz it matters not if this was a colassal Sysop prank, a real quest or just showing us where Water maus looks like or even where it used to be. The fun is in the attempt. Look back at the start of this thread with players submitting crazy solutions, the excitement flowed. In fact, I think this thread shows as the one I've posted in the most. It was all a blast until it was divulged that the quest was taken out long ago and all trickled.

Despite the tears shed on Sysop Appreciation Day, to this day, players including those who died alot refer back to it and still laugh. That's the spirit that keeps a community going, not necessarily an end result of loot, gear, gains. Many have forgotten this.

Note: Er btw, that was a kudos to you, Uni as well as others that had fun, in my longwinded fashion : )
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Dumar_enjoys_food
Title: Rocker of Faces

Post by Dumar_enjoys_food »

Maus is just Mars bedroom. He's a vampire you know.
myspace.com/pessumdare

ZhouYu
Title: Paladin of AWESOME

Post by ZhouYu »

"The Lady of the Lake forged Excalibur for King Arthur only after the sword in the stone broke during a battle."

Just so you know.

Daokin

Post by Daokin »

With Lancelot, over a path Arthur could have easily gone around. It was his test of pride, yes. One should be forced to question whether or not quests were ripped directly from folklore and legend. Brad's said that a good deal of the creation of the game was based on an old D&D campaign, so unless he played as Percival, or Uther, or some other Arthurian legend character in a campaign that followed said legend to a tea, it would be highly doubtful that all little things would just come from that storyline.

After all, where's the grail? ;)

TitanGollum

Post by TitanGollum »

Percival seeks the grail and is asked two questions...

Who does the grail serve? "You my lord, king arthur"

What is the secret of the grail? "The land and the king are one"

also some wisdom from merlin when entering the place of the dragon ,

Behold! The Sword of Power! Excalibur! Forged when the world was young, and bird and beast and flower were one with man, and death was but a dream!
You will be the land, and the land will be you. If you fail, the land will perish; as you thrive, the land will blossom.

"Serpent's breath, charm of death and life, thy omen of making."

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.
One land, one king!

For it is the doom of men that they forget

thats all i got wisdom wise

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

I honestly do belive that this quest was removed or deactivated for various reasons (bugs, too much repair or coding, unbalanced something, copyright issues) and perhaps the items like scrolls were left behind because they were merely overlooked on the first removal, but as people began to speculate it was decided to leave them.

However, consider what we know of the game in general if you want to approach this. We know...

We often find items to a quest in other dungeons or areas - Peewee
There are class only items - Excally
Class only areas - Nork/VT thief guild
Class quests - MA Gauntlets
Race specific quests -3.5 has a race specific one I think for a mountain Deweller, as well as Emit the repairer
Many areas are level restricted - CH and Funhouse to name two.
Many areas are accessible, but invisable -thief passage in SF
Some information becomes available through NPCs when requirements are met - Talbot
Some requirements must be met to access different areas - Baskie and SD
I cannot think of any normal circumstance where anything from another Scenario is used in another scenario's quest. (Aka you dont find a pink leaf in nork)
Sometimes you must hold a particular item to activate a portal - N7 Slicer / N8 + fire ammy / N5 RD
I cannot think of an instance where you would lay an item down on the ground / counter unless interacting directly with an NPC.
Some commands must be entered by the command line and not the mouse - Can't think of specifics, but this applies mostly to holes/drop offs I think.
I cannot think of any non NPC items which require more than one, though I have never used the elemental crystals for uther.
However, like RB sash an NPC can request multiple items.
I cannot think of any quest which requires the use of anyone other than themselves. Aka you should not need a ment to passwall anything, though a grenade might do the trick.

Most (but not all) powerful items can be traded (pgear and berovar are such examples of each), so I can see why you would assume excally as a paladin is mentioned anyway.

A masoleium is more than a shrine, shrines are everywhere from N1 to Griffy lair to N5 RD lair. There are four shrines. Cloud giant (Air - In the sky), Pally Dungeon (Water - Sunken), Nork (Fire..) and Enork (Earth - You go through acid CAVES to get there).. I dont recall what enork looks like, but it is the home of the fire plains and nork is generaly an island.. however I do have about 10 logical variations as why they could be other things. I dont recall the elements from Uthers crystals, but I would use those as the base elements to decide from.

I cannot think of any quest item, which is INTENTIONALY, (unlike door pearl) reused in anothers quest. Hence dropping uthers crystals on random alters is out.

Nork maus gives "wrong "climb message, right idea - wrong place? Two? other shrines probe your mind however. Again, proper level, class and item may be required here.

I still don't know why you are referring to anything outside the game (aka Lancelot, Aurther..etc as a source since everything else is contained within).

The land without a king.. blah blah. Who says K is king? Why cant K = knight or S = Sheath or Soul (or rather the corpse of something?). Why cant this be a disarranged anagram? Maybe the town crier or someone else we all despise knows something useful. Try asking random strangers or new players who havnt heard of such a thing what they think it means, they might give some finally unique responses.

So who wants to loan me a 50/30 Paladin w/excally so I can go ram some alters head first? J/k, its more dead than my sex life.
----------
Just say no to fate cards.

Doro

Post by Doro »

Profound and logical thinking.

10/10 - go to the top of the class.

ho

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

That all that thinking about locations and elements it almost made me wonder. Cloudgiant and air, levithan and water, firegiant and fire, what would earth be? Far fetched I am sure, but I was considering various items which have not been using in quests. I cannot think of any hallys which have been, nor uthers ever so worthless plate. What else itemwise has no been used? While baskie and cob hitdoc ask for bodies of things, they are NPCs not alters.. perhaps you need to walk into the various alters holding the correct items from various 'Masters of the Elements' in order to receive that alters enchantment? Perhaps it would teleport instantly upon receving the final one? Or another area that we casualy marked off mentaly as bugged elsewise?

Or maybe fire is mama rd or a salamander. Maybe earth is just something that ECs, does reggie EC? Water (or ice), Snow Beast maybe (doubt it though).. who else uses ice? Not sure what else could / would be air (assuming that is one of the four). Would have to come up with a list of logical elements and cross reference them with alters based on attacks and location I think. ... I am too lazy, let me know when one of you big people who has beat the rest of the game gets bored and compiles and runs it for me :)
----------
Just say no to fate cards.