Thief skilling and quirks.

Place to discuss Thieves
Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Thief skilling and quirks.

Post by Tirith »

When backstabbing, gains are split between thief and weapon skill. Not completely 50/50 i beleive, but its split in some way. Here is a question for anyone who has tested it. I beleive I know the answer, but I can not be sure yet. If you are capped in thief skill(30, 34, or 35) and you are skilling where you can not gain thief skill, does skill still split and the skill that would go into thief skill just lost? I think this is the case, I think if skill can not be gained in thief skill, it should be channeled back into weapon skill.

Also it seems to me that the applied thievery quirk works this way also. correct me if I am wrong. Weapon skill normally gained seems to split and go into thief skill as well (when just attacking or charging). I beleive this is fine, except that I think if thief skill isnt being gained, whatever is going into thief skill should go back towards the weapon.

Any thoughts or corrections?

Longbeard

Replying to Topic 'Thief skilling and quirks.'

Post by Longbeard »

As you said there is split if one uses something like backstab, which utilizes 2 skills, however i think a backstab done right after entering "hide" command produses split more favorable towards thief skill. Then if you don't need to rehide and can continue with backstab it is more of a weapon skill in action and split is affected with more favor given towards weapon.

I believe if one does hide / backstab in these 2 rounds skill gained should be close to 50/50 split.

Long term disparity in skilling thief levels off as thief can not do too much in places like deeper levels of mormar with thier weapon and primal poisons take a big boost in usage, with skill going 100% into thief, it even can become a skilling problem for weapon.

Could never concentrate enough on these issues to figure anything in accurate way, so please don't take my answers too seriously.

RayonMazter

Re: Thief skilling and quirks.

Post by RayonMazter »

What about vice versa - If your weapon is capped at 30, will the rest of the gains go into thievery when backstabbing?

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

I know for a fm, if you are capped weapon skill then crossover knowledge doesn't distribute any skill to mentalist skill. For example for a while I had skill 35 mace, but my ment skill was <35, however killing in forge with mace I gained no ment skill. Brad said that the crossover and applied thievery quirks used the same skill so I assume the same thing happens for thieves.

Quaternion

RayonMazter

Post by RayonMazter »

Ok, not what I was hoping for, but thanks for the info :P