Tiers

Place to discuss Paladins
tomodachi

Tiers

Post by tomodachi »

Afternoon folks,

While debating if I should spend (waste) 50 bucks on nameless I took a look at Paladin Tiers. +50 ac then +80 then +100 seems pretty lackluster. Any thoughts or direct experience from other high level Paladins? Maybe all of our current gear is a total of 40 ac and +50 is a huge difference...I doubt that is the case but I would love to be wrong.

Did Paladins just get the short end of the stick on tiers? Even at level 50...40 damage absorb and 30 AC seems pathetic. Something hits me for hundreds of damage but 40 off of that hit is important?

I hope I am just not reading/understanding something on the tiers...

Tomodachi

Terrel

Re: Tiers

Post by Terrel »

The pally prot tiers make a huge difference to AC. Greatly increase the lifespan of a party.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

I'll second that, the pally buffs are not to be ignored.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Migam

Post by Migam »

Just forget to refresh Pally prots in Mormar and watch the fun begin!

I'm not a person that understands every detail of what AC works or how ppl can figure it out from testing but I doubt it's works like 50 AC = 50 hp damage absorption. It's makes you harder to get hit by increasing your armorclass. If the crit is going to do 1k damage to me and my extra 50 AC makes it miss me or allows me to block it... ;)

Also many of the first tiers are looked at as "useless" and are ignored because the better ones are, well, better. This goes for most class tiers. But if a pally is protting a party and your timing is off and they have to wait 4 rounds for the good one or get the weaker one right now and survive, they'd take even tier#1 cast on them meantime. I would.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Moon

Post by Moon »

We probably have the best tier's in the game :)

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Moon wrote:We probably have the best tier's in the game :)

Collectively all the tiers are brilliant, if my ment wasn't kept alive by the pally buffs then I wouldn't be able to dish out almost 70k worth of damage in 1 burst ;)
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety