MA gauntlets - Juntes vs. Timmy caves RD gauntlets

Place to discuss MAs
Darm

MA gauntlets - Juntes vs. Timmy caves RD gauntlets

Post by Darm »

OK, first post in this sub-section of the forum in three years.

Back in the day, Juntes gauntlets were supposed to be the best for an MA. At 18th skill, I tried these vs. a naked barb. Consistently hitting for around 300-330, criticals in the 400 range. Prones, depletes.

I then tried on the +3 gauntlets that are a rare drop from random critters in the timmy caves. These were hitting MUCH harder. 500-600, criticals in the 700 range.

This was about 20 swings with each set, but the numbers were consistently in favor of the timmy caves gauntlets.

This came as quite a surprise to me, but perhaps it's old news. Anyone else out there care to confirm or to give a reason why I should use Juntes gauntlets? I suppose there might be an odd lair critter where the deplete comes in hand, but I'm not even sure a level 17 deplete will actually stick on a big lair critter.

Migam

Re: MA gauntlets - Juntes vs. Timmy caves RD gauntlets

Post by Migam »

Prones and +2 agi. Agi is always good.

It let players solo lairs like Kaldor without needing a deplete ment, huge barb or thief poisoning from shadows.

Now that they leave Cob, some do use it for Reggie, NL FallenMages and FallenLords that do AH so it's kinda handy. Bout it.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Darm

Post by Darm »

I appreciate the answer.

The damage difference to me seems significant - juntes hitting for 30-50% less damage. +2 agil is nice, and I presume equates into some type of defensive value, but offensively seems like I'm giving up quite a bit other than a few scenarios which you listed.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Timmy cave rare drop RD gaunts have always been the preferable gaunts of choice for MA's in cob until they can get ud5 Radas.

I remember challene cob, my MA dominated from an early on stage because of the Timmy RDs.

Its worth checking if UD1 and UD5 rada gaunts hit the same, that's worth a test!
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Darm

Post by Darm »

Appreciate the confirmation. I have no idea what those gauntlets are, but I'll do some looking into it. Thank you!

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

I don't know if they do the same damage, but UD1 radas would only be +1, UD5's are +5. I always like the RD random drops on my MA as well. Never liked Juntes cause of the proning, which you couldn't change back then.

Cobra