Healer quirks

Place to discuss Healers
Twiztid

Healer quirks

Post by Twiztid »

Why is it that snapshot heal is so crappy? I feel i have wasted much time investing in something that never works.....same for combat heal even though it works, if you look at riposte and how often it works compared to snapshot heal and combat heal it makes it seem like garbage.....healers heal so why not give us more of an ability to do so if we going to invest the money and extra effort to get the quirks?

Tag

Re: Healer quirks

Post by Tag »

I am in the same boat as Twiztid. As long as i played my healer i've only seen SSH(SnapShotHeal) minimal times. I understand it should not go off every other time you die, but whatever it is programmed at now is screwy. 10 ssh's in a year whats the point of even having it? Combat i see quite a bit of and i am rather pleased with it but snap shot heal needs to be looked at. Its almost pointless to have. Thank you

Twiztid

Post by Twiztid »

another problem is combat heal and if snapshot heal ever does work you have to be in a party for it to friggin work at all

xaph

Post by xaph »

Taken from "The healer book":

1. You are the best class in the game.
2. Whenever you hunt, ALWAYS be in a party. Even if you are solo, party with yourself.
3. You are the best class in the game.
4. Heal and protect others etc.
5. You are the best class in the game.

It goes on :-)
But the point is, although it's a pain to have to create a party everytime you hunt (if you want quirk benefits that is), at least it's a quirk that can apply to every member of your party when you do hunt with others. For that advantage, I'll gladly go to the extra effort of creating a party when i'm solo.
On snapshot issue, couldn't agree more. I hardly ever see it kick in either. Autoheal and combat quirks seem to do the job most of the time. Perhaps snapshot could be given some other, noticeable, purpose. Not sure what that would be but worth throwing out there! :-)

~ Xaphania x

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

You simply aren't dying enough to see snapshot, you need to leave the safety of the Nork Portals <G>
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Migam

Post by Migam »

Omni wrote:You simply aren't dying enough to see snapshot, you need to leave the safety of the Nork Portals <G>
*pounds hand on desk while barking with laughter* :D
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

niko

Post by niko »

Yeah snapshot is pretty worthless... about all it is good for is to bug people getting stoned or to make it harder to dex people. I've seen it actually work where it mattered maybe four times (and that's being generous). Even after the supposed sk38 bonus it's still terrible.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Agreed, snapshot heal is almost useless.

Good concept, but the ratio of which it operates is poor and would require changing to make it worthwhile.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Twiztid

Post by Twiztid »

Omni wrote:You simply aren't dying enough to see snapshot, you need to leave the safety of the Nork Portals <G>
yea....been playing in SDC, and Ive died enough to see it doesnt work :P

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

SS Heal works more than fine. In the amount of time playing in SDC, we see it go off very regularly.
SIN

Twiztid

Post by Twiztid »

whats your secret to it then?

Twiztid

Post by Twiztid »

P.S.......snapshot heal still sucks

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

snapshot heal works fine.. ive seen it go off alot.. You realize you have to reach 0 or less hits for it to go off? If you hunt somewhere you rarely die.. you probably wont see it go off much. if at all. I have seen it save players from eats on a lair.

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

Agreed snapshot heal works.

I have seen it work often. It has saved me many times in barb field, sdc, bdc, and lower mormar.