Barb oddness

Place to discuss Barbarians
Migam

Barb oddness

Post by Migam »

1) I don't know if this is how it's always been or if this is the autotarget we just got. 4 times already, I have run frothed through Ccob lowers keep or try to drag some giants to the start of ancients, I stop and attack. I am not stacking since I froth in DT then when I don't see "You look fro another head to smash", I run out. I also don't have riposte since I can't buy any yet.

Yesterday, I managed to get someplace safe so I could scroll back. It starts with me getting proned, doing a bloodcurdling double attack that killed one target then a fury that hit twice and killed another target. There is no vamp so I tend to get close to dying or deaded.

Either the autotarget is trying for too many rounds that it's still trying 6 or so rounds later, being proned trigger some kind of return hit when you are moving or GK2 GS has a funny property like Uther BS.

2) Speaking of moving, if I am killing fast, I mean like having 7 exp amounts floating up at the same time on screen, crits on screen and I try to move, the whole FE slows down huge and I die most of the time since no vamps. The only fix was to kill the Exp HUD. Is this the autotarget still trying, combined with the graphic updates for Exp HUD doing this? The HUD for HP doesn't do this (though I haven't tried turning that one off and Exp back on.

3) Also, when I target something I cant reach, like something thru inviso wall in West Lowers, my weap vanishes and I have a twig or scroll in hand. Then I found my weap in belt and see a belted twig or succor scroll missing. It belts weap in slot1 and draws whatever is in slot2. I changed my belt setup so my throwing weapon is on 2nd slot, so I see right away that I didn't drop weap.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

dragonmage
Title: Arg!

Re: Barb oddness

Post by dragonmage »

I've experienced the second and third of those before over the years. I use a hally on my barb and end up dropping it for first item in belt, never actually tested it to see what it was that caused it though, but i can say it isn't anything new.

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Were you stacked when you were proned? Proning tends to lock in the command buffer and you can't clear it.

Don't stack as a barb.

Cobra

Migam

Post by Migam »

Migam wrote: I am not stacking since I froth in DT then when I don't see "You look fro another head to smash", I run out. I also don't have riposte since I can't buy any yet.
Yeah, I kinda already said I didn't stack. I stop til there are NO more zerk msgs then it takes 3 rounds to reach 1st zoo and I run thru a conga line of crits all doing the same while I try to reach sewers.

And I had no riposte back then. Being proned triggered me attacking.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
---Pathfinder

Migam

Post by Migam »

Things barbs do, in case you didn't know and are starting a barb. I rr'ed barbs 5 times cause I was tired of taking so many succor scrolls to make 1 twig when small (btw, just keep hag cloak in sack for that). Once I hit 25 though, PAPOW, awesome class.

This is behavior I've seen and since I made a Barb oddness thread, figured I'd add it here. This is my exp in using barb, if this doesn't happen to you, dunno. Im gonna guess this is actually intentionally to be this way.

Arg and can't reach: I mentions already that when I target something I cant reach, like something thru inviso wall in West Lowers, my weap vanishes and I have a twig or scroll in hand. Then I found my weap in belt and see a belted twig or succor scroll missing. It belts weap in slot1 and draws whatever is in slot2. I changed my belt setup so my throwing weapon is on 2nd slot, so I see right away that I didn't drop weap.
UPDATE: Yesterday in bogs, not being able to reach with arg, it belted and drew the same weap instead of the spare weap, that was new. Also, when FG does her web and you're stuck, guess what? You aren't moving if she's not close enough to hit, you're juggling weaps.

Toys: With item tied to another account (toy), this changes:
I no longer drop weap to grab "tieable" crap
I no longer target another player (well.... see below)
I no longer do that little shuffle when I killshot the last target on screen (move 1 hex in a random direction).
If my target has some kind of faction, I can't target them unless put away toy or charge/attack/gaze it first.

Well...": is cause not targeting player works weird. If someone is red out of party from a hit, when in party with them, even after I hug them, I can still target them and attack. They have to hug me back or else. Imagine that my thief didn't hug me, there are 2 NL Elites (faction), I have toy and arg still picks the thief to kill and ignores Elites.

Important: Don't spam b or arg without toy or you might hit someone. Keep critsort enable up so that when you kill a crit and someone passes by, it doesn't pick them next. It's looking at topleft position and don't care if you got a zoo on you and someone walks pass and ends up in that critbox position.

I love barb class and the mad damage. I get that they're supposed to be out of control and can wallop party. I keep critsort enable so I don't hit some random person passing by. Holding a toy as a greatsword user kinda sucks cause it either cuts damage or you get blocked more so it depends on the hunt. I won't really use shield anyway (unless its awesome blocker) as gs user but if I go mace/shield, I'd have to be very careful with arg (no spam), whip out toy or stop attacking when last on screen is almost dead.
---Pathfinder