Dragging items, sound lag

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Rygar

Dragging items, sound lag

Post by Rygar »

versions game 4.35r1 / lobby 1.47.2

With music off, My mouse moves fine but if I drag an item anywhere the lag is terrible, it takes many rounds for the item to move before I can take any action, the game freezes.

With music on any time the music stops or changes I get the same result as if the music is off.

I know this is a long standing issue. It is happening on two different computers running different versions of windows. Changing compatibility settings, screen resolution, updating drivers, using speakers or headphones, disabling my sound devices, nothing helps.

It is as if the dragging animation is using the music file that is running instead of the processor.

While I can kill things fine with the music off, if I drop a weapon I have to go up and turn music on to even think about picking it up before I die, and it takes many rounds to be able to turn the music on.

I have a really old laptop with an old version of the game, can I copy the files to another computer to test it?

Hawk409

Re: Dragging items, sound lag

Post by Hawk409 »

The only solution to this issue that I have found is to both lower the polling rate of your mouse and have OBS open (recording/streaming software) or the amd gpu control panel open (if amd)
There may be other software that causing the same 'fix'

Edit: perhaps if someone else got to look over the client code they could spot the issue *cough cough* right brad? :)

Rygar

Post by Rygar »

That helped in a big way. Thank You

Hawk409

Post by Hawk409 »

Np, glad it helped