Loosing Macros On Game Exit

Any tech issues can be posted here.
nonametruckdr

Loosing Macros On Game Exit

Post by nonametruckdr »

Ok, I been gone for several months and have been back for about 1, I have been having issue where I leave game my critters macro file deletes, and in some cases when I log back in and critter relearns spells basic commands for macro bar are lost (like look, search, attack). It takes me several attempts to log in and log out to be able to copy and paste old macros to new file. I have gone through the process of deleting .prm file, cleaning up windows. My system is basically new as I tried to find problem on my end, I have changed hard drives, updated my operating system, running 8.1 pro 64 bit. My old motherboard had issues so I changed it and am running with a new cpu. there is nothing on my end that I can see ,This not a internet connection either as I changed providers and Modems, I have downloaded newest version of Drakkar from homepage Lobby is 1.38 and version is 4.26rc2. Brad had indicated this was issue he needed to solve. I see no mention of this and I am not the only one having this issue. Would like for this issue to be fixed as we pay for this game on a monthly basis and I am 6 of the accounts here. I enjoy this game but this issue is taking the joy out of the game for me because I have to keep critters logged in till they nod out or reset and the pain of redoing macros all over. :roll:

JadeAmber

Re: Loosing Macros On Game Exit

Post by JadeAmber »

have you tried saving out a copy of macro files once you have them entered? I always log out before doing it, so I dunno if it can be done.

if it can, it might help with the frustration while Brad works on it.

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

Hmmm, I think Mars has suggestions, I forget where the full list is. Something along the lines of deleting a specific crts file or something. I too play on a 64 bit 8.1 Windows with no problems and have numerous accounts. I would just talk to Mars, he's fixed those issues for me before. Also always make sure you are up to date on lobby and drak version

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

noname:
delete the 2 files for that crit in the drakkar\crts directory

log back in, let system rebuild basic commands.
log out and back in and see if they saved.
if so, add one personal macro at a time repeating the log out and back in until you find the one personal macro that is causing the problem, then start over and don't add that one.

nonametruckdr

Post by nonametruckdr »

Sometimes they save and sometimes they don't, it seems to be a roll of the dice. I have free account I tried on and it built the macros but all were ment spells, logged out and the mac file disappeared and left the ply file. when I log I and macro build the macros build again but no search, attack etc. I type command in and still works but can not put on macro bar because it not there. same issue with paid accounts. will keep trying what you suggested Mars and I thank you for input.

Skip

Post by Skip »

By chance, have you recently changed operating systems, or now running Drak on a new computer with a different operating system?

A guildie ran into problems when he recently got a new PC with Win 8.1, and his Healer's macro's would not save - - not even sure if he got it resolved - sorta felt like Win Firewall was blocking him.

~ Buzz-Skip__KAM ~

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Make certain you are installing or using a current version of the Drakkarzone lobby and GUI. Older versions may write or attempt to write files to an incorrect location and the newer operating systems will no longer permit applications to do so.
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!